UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]

8 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

They count.  The officialy FCS twitter account just said so.

Congrats to the young gun. He's had quite the season thus far. I'm looking forward to what he does next game in more importantly in the years to go.

Not only did Gattuso finally hit on quarterback...he hit on THE quarterback. They had NCAA montages of various sports competing for championships on the big board and I noticed NDSU alot. I mean, this may sound crazy to some, but when I saw those videos and thought of Wentz...why not Undercuffler? I would not be shocked if he was a late round pick 3 years from now. With the stats hes putting up, he's certainly going to have scouts studying his film.

Edited by Eli

8 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Our D steppe dup 2nd quarter. and the whole team came out and actually played 2nd half.

Ask d96, I texted him and told him UA will figure this out. Ccsu had a chance to completely overwhelm us in first quarter... And belive me it felt like they were flirting with it. But once we took their best punch I knew we would punch back. 

• Like 2

Attendance sucked. I know it was cold, but only for the 2nd half. The 1st half wasn't that bad with the sun still on the Albany stands. Once the sun went away, it was terribly cold (my feet are still cold nearly 2hrs later.

FCS is announcing that Jeff Undercuffler set a new Freshman season record of 39 TD passes today...

30 minutes ago, PurpleHoops said:

1660 — somewhat disappointing — I thought we’d have at least 2000.

Benson said we needed 3500 to break even.  So we'll have to eat some - Don't care this should help in the future.

14 minutes ago, Eli said:

Attendance sucked. I know it was cold, but only for the 2nd half. The 1st half wasn't that bad with the sun still on the Albany stands. Once the sun went away, it was terribly cold (my feet are still cold nearly 2hrs later.

Gotta get toe warmers.....

49 minutes ago, Eli said:

Congrats to the young gun. He's had quite the season thus far. I'm looking forward to what he does next game in more importantly in the years to go.

Not only did Gattuso finally hit on quarterback...he hit on THE quarterback. They had NCAA montages of various sports competing for championships on the big board and I noticed NDSU alot. I mean, this may sound crazy to some, but when I saw those videos and thought of Wentz...why not Undercuffler? I would not be shocked if he was a late round pick 3 years from now. With the stats hes putting up, he's certainly going to have scouts studying his film.

FCS has announced that Jeff Undercuffler set a new all-time Freshman TD record wirth 39 TD's!

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

We may actually have an edge in the kicking game. CCSU is only 7-18 on FGs, Burns is 10-15. Burns is 8-8 inside 30 yards and 2-3 outside 40, but 0-4 between 30 and 40. They're 50-53 on extra points, Burns 44-49

Still plenty of good seats available.

Pat myself on the back for this quote. Aged better than some others I've seen on here.

Crowd seemed better than 1600, but I suppose there was almost nobody upstairs. At least it beat the basketball crowd.

BTW Women's basketball has another 10 a.m. game, tomorrow in a CCSU tournament.

• Like 1

First opportunity to post since the game.  Had a couple family members over for decorating Christmas tree.  Game on the TV on mute and christmas music on the speakers.  I was nervous after the first quarter. I think the TD drive at the end of the first half really provided them, especially JU. CCSU LBs were doing a really good job of sitting off the line and tipping balls over the middle.  JU had some awesome pump fakes in the second half that sprung  couple of the long TDs.  Also, they ran my favorite TE pass play for a TD as well.

Just really happy for the players and staff.  I hope they play this way next week and can come home with a win!

• Like 1

Like 73,  I did the bb/fb double header. Football weather was really not all that cold. Wind not bad and first half sun felt comfortable. Second half team play warmed the faithful. Could not see the upper deck from the gold seats; but I thought the attendance was considerably more than 1660? Must have been empty upstairs. 

ccsu pretty one dimensional team; scrambling qb and good run D, but not much else IMHO. I was pretty confident that once UA figured this out UA'd be fine. It took the D two drives to do so; and the O slightly longer. I for one was never worried {a little concerned maybe.} And UA responded as I knew they would, making me look like as genius. Of course the players and staff deserve ALL the credit! CONGRATS TO ONE AND ALL!!!!!

• Like 1

I know we don't play many games in the bitter cold, but I wonder how much it would cost to add those cielling heaters you see in restaurant/hotel entrances in cold weather cities to the concourse under the upper level seating. Could make that area much warmer, and some of the heat would rise up and make the bleachers in the upper deck more comfortable. When the sun was out, it wasn't too bad up there, but the metal bleachers were bad. I ended up putting my hand warmers in my back pockets to keep my butt from freezing.

From the upper deck the attendance did look like more than 1600 when you saw how many CCSU fans were on the other side plus how many were in the lower level. Upstairs had maybe 250 people max. Have to imagine much of it was underreporting for purpose of the bid to host. 1600 at an average of $20 probably pays the NCAA, then all the normal costs were sunk and at a loss. If it helps build interest in the program it is worth it as an advertising expense.

I know it's a bit of trivia but I like these coincidental things . . . such as Karl Mofor's brother Mike-Ryan (I think 1 year older) is the workhorse starting RB for the unbeaten Salisbury State (D-3) Sea Gulls who pounded Union College yesterday 62-41 . . . had 144 yards on 20 carries and 3 TDs . . . I'd love to see Karl and Mike-Ryan as kids playing tag in the yard.

• Eli changed the title to Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]