UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]

5 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I think we all need to remember that our entry into the NCAA playoffs was announced yesterday [the committee had to make decisions Saturday night and the Pres stated they were up very late making them]] and it is now Monday.  U A obviously needed a little time to work things out, especially since, in light of NCAA rules for FB playoff games and times [ and the need to get permission to change the start time].  I would say they have actually done a good job trying to get everything worked out in 24-36 hours.  Let's chill a little...

It is not like we had to be selected for the playoffs for the athletic department to figure out what they would do if there was a football game on Saturday. Should have been ready with the appropriate release shortly after selection show

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I think this is a fair statement.  The issue is that the ADept hasn't brought much good will for situations like this with some serious gaffes.  As for this game, I haven't even gotten full information on how to purchase game tickets...and I am a season ticket holder.

That said, let's move this thread BACK to the game.  

There have been emails sent on tickets. I got a couple of emails. I never get 1 email. Either 0 or more than 1. Of the choices I prefer more than 1:) Deadline is 2pm Tuesday before release of season ticket holders seats to the public

Edited by bob87

6 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

HOF asked my to repost this from the Stony Brook thread

From the NCAA Pre-Championship Manual

START TIMES
Starting times shall be determined by ESPN in consultation with the NCAA and the host institution.
During the first three rounds of the championship, the NCAA will solicit the preferred starting times of host institutions.
However, games may start not earlier than 2 p.m. local time and shall be determined by ESPN.

Of course our 1:00 kickoff doesn't follow that rule

For anyone interested in the entire NCAA playoffs manual, here's a link

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/football/d1/2019-20D1MFB_PreChampsManual.pdf

It looks like 5 of the 8 games this week and 5 of the 8 next week start before 2 pm at the site of the game

17 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Every venue in the world and certainly in college athletics does this.

My problem besides the confusion and lack of communication is; as I wrote to Justin; the GDAC commitment is NOT based on how well the team does or whether they make post season OR NOT. Parking is a perk of this commitment made prior to the season. I personally do not give more or less based on predictions of how successful or how poor the team is. I may choose a lesser seat option, but my GDAC donation is consistent and based on my support for the athletics and the university in general. I have been donating since 1972 (even was honored for being one of the longest consistently year in and year out donator {UA72 also got this recognition.}) Unfortunately, I am NOT a huge benefactor; never had that kind of money {if I had a lot of $$$$$, UA would have better facilities}. But I've given every year since 1972 and do NOT give expecting perks in return; but when perks advertised and offered they should be delivered.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I think this is a fair statement.  The issue is that the ADept hasn't brought much good will for situations like this with some serious gaffes.  As for this game, I haven't even gotten full information on how to purchase game tickets...and I am a season ticket holder.

That said, let's move this thread BACK to the game.  

You should have gotten an e-mail.

15 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Massey gives us a 63% chance, 35-31

Only common opponent was Bryant, we won 45-3, CCSU won 52-14

True. Back when we were trying the freshman QB as a 'wildcat' some and still becoming a cohesive team.  

26 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Another thing you can make up. I just printed my football playoff tickets and they include coupons on them for $2 off a soccer ticket for the 2017 season 

Hahaha didn't even notice that. Yep, see it on mine, at the bottom of page 2 lol.

5 minutes ago, Eli said:

Hahaha didn't even notice that. Yep, see it on mine, at the bottom of page 2 lol.

I never even looked at mine. Just stuck 'em in a big envelope - yep it's on mine too.  

https://1045theteam.com/head-coach-greg-gattuso-on-preparing-to-host-a-fcs-playoff-game-audio/

I can relate to the cat story.  They even mention the cat memes.... cool!

Edited by HOF2013

Bought my tickets, but I'm still not sure if I am going to go with the weather the way it is forecasted. Its gonna be cold. They might be a donation to the athletic department or available if someone wants good seats.

Who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll be there.

Did we determine if we will have to pay for parking or if they will give us the same passes from where we were during the regular season? I haven't had a chance to call yet.

2 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Bought my tickets, but I'm still not sure if I am going to go with the weather the way it is forecasted. Its gonna be cold. They might be a donation to the athletic department or available if someone wants good seats.

Who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll be there.

Did we determine if we will have to pay for parking or if they will give us the same passes from where we were during the regular season? I haven't had a chance to call yet.

If you have a BBall parking pass for SEFCU, you are free to stay in the lot for FB. If you do not have a BBall parking pass, you need to pay $15 to park in SEFCU lot.

• Thanks 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]