UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020 Football - A Look Ahead

Expected. Some interesting talk out there about guarantee games. Will the teams still get their money if only the payor cancels. Sad sad sad. Especially with the turnaround last season and

high hopes for the coming one. If some teams, like JMU, play a cobbled together schedule then what does that do to the possibility of spring football? Also interesting is what happens with Notre Dame, Army and Navy, since pretty much everyone is cancelling non conference and they are independent. Strange times.

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

If some teams, like JMU, play a cobbled together schedule then what does that do to the possibility of spring football?

I for one and do not hate me; it is just my opinion;   I DO NOT think there should be a SPRING football season. The lost spring sports baseball, track, lacrosse, softball, etc and the end of winter sports, including the most profitable part of college athletics (NCAA basketball tournament) were NOT granted an alternate season to play in. Many of you will may argue give football a chance too recoup some of the financial losses, by playing a spring season. Other than power 5 teams; few schools make money on football. Adding Spring football just adds to the financial loses and headaches covid has already burdened colleges with. DON'T HATE, BUT FIRE AWAY!

ps. I also think it is time for the NCAA to step forward with a common response and a consistent mandate for ALL fall sports at the least.

Edited by dslyank

43 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I for one and do not hate me; it is just my opinion;   I DO NOT think there should be a SPRING football season. The lost spring sports baseball, track, lacrosse, softball, etc and the end of winter sports, including the most profitable part of college athletics (NCAA basketball tournament) were NOT granted an alternate season to play in. Many of you will may argue give football a chance too recoup some of the financial losses, by playing a spring season. Other than power 5 teams; few schools make money on football. Adding Spring football just adds to the financial loses and headaches covid has already burdened colleges with. DON'T HATE, BUT FIRE AWAY!

ps. I also think it is time for the NCAA to step forward with a common response and a consistent mandate for ALL fall sports at the least.

Not hating, just IMHO it's a different situation. Spring sports can't be redone in the same academic year. Fall sports can. 

46 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Your opinion is reasonable.  The NCAA, like our federal government, has been largely mia when it comes to common response.  Conferences are the equivalent of states.

Obviously depends on Northeast Conf, but wonder if a NY-NJ-Conn FCS independent group can be created, since they are all working together in other areas. Would limit travel.

UA, SB, LIU, Wagner, Monmouth, CCSU, Sacred Heart

if RI is good, get teams from those states in also. I don’t know. Obviously it limits trips anywhere south of NJ.

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

Not hating, just IMHO it's a different situation. Spring sports can't be redone in the same academic year. Fall sports can. 

Good point; but moving Fall Sports to the Spring just adds additional revenue expenditures (i.e LOSES) to an already near financial disaster. If moving fall to spring for the "love" of college athletics and for the tangible benefits to athletes, the school and the community and TO HE!L with the expense, well I might agree with you?  But WHO & HOW to pay for it becomes the issue????

5 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Good point; but moving Fall Sports to the Spring just adds additional revenue expenditures (i.e LOSES) to an already near financial disaster. If moving fall to spring for the "love" of college athletics and for the tangible benefits to athletes, the school and the community and TO HE!L with the expense, well I might agree with you?  But WHO & HOW to pay for it becomes the issue????

I get it. I also think that financially pretty much every institution and every level of government are pretty well *$%!ed due to the shutdown + covid. Who's going to pay indeed. The Fed is printing money like confetti.