UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020 Football - A Look Ahead

18 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Based on UA statement, they aren’t gonna try w Football.

In the meantime, we are committed to supporting our fall student-athletes through this difficult period and using this extra time to plan a safe and exciting return to competition for our fall sports during the spring."

Not sure what you are saying--not gonna try w football? The UA statement seems to say they will attempt to move ALL fall sports to spring??

Edited by dslyank

I worded it wrong. Not gonna try w football in the Fall I meant. I’m under the assumptions basically there will be zero national tournaments for any of these fall sports and basically conference play is gonna be the biggest thing this year if they do go in the Spring. If so, I would love to see in the spring if they give these sports a shot teams play each team home and away instead of just the one match, and football everyone in CAA plays everyone. For football, round robin and other sports everyone plays everyone leading to tournament for a champion. That is if medically things get better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I worded it wrong. Not gonna try w football in the Fall I meant. I’m under the assumptions basically there will be zero national tournaments for any of these fall sports and basically conference play is gonna be the biggest thing this year if they do go in the Spring. If so, I would love to see in the spring if they give these sports a shot teams play each team home and away instead of just the one match, and football everyone in CAA plays everyone. For football, round robin and other sports everyone plays everyone leading to tournament for a champion. That is if medically things get better.

You are fine.... People understand.... I think someone needs to remind the UAlbanysports.com webmaster to take down the football 🏈 schedule 📅.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Marble racing's pretty cool.

Aussie Rules Football is entertaining and has the word football in the name. 

I recall once hearing a comedian saying that he stumbled across the most exciting sport he’d ever seen, but he had no clue what was going on....it was Aussie football. I used to think that about Irish Hurling when they used to have it on WWS. 

On 7/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jammaster said:

It's a fair point that young people are gonna do what they do...but if you think the notion "even Trump says it's BS" doesn't have some effect on young people, but also on their parents, grandparents, and tons of others who can safely say "if the president doesn't do it, why should I," then you are basically saying the president is a meaningless figure. And we know from polling that many folks take their cue from him.

Regardless of mistakes, Fauci corrected any question about masks around Memorial Day. When the numbers were still moving in a decent direction.

I truly hope no one you know dies from this. I have known several, including two guys (fathers) in their early 50s, with no underlying conditions. I'd rather have not one more person die and you can tell me I was wrong about Trump and masks and everything else months down the road. And I'll buy you a beer as an apology.

Fwiw- I'm glad Trump finally came around to the consensus of world experts... and it seems he does have some influence after all. Just a few hours after his tweet last night, Winn-Dixie made mask-wearing mandatory in all stores.

It was only a matter of time. Jets/Giants released a joint statement yesterday saying no fans during 2020 so...

Hope, if there is football to be played, that UA's A/V crew up is to speed and doesn't make a blunder of it.

From Andrew Cuomo's daily update:3. If college sports resume in the fall, no fans will be allowed. Just like with professional sports, college athletics can resume but no fans or spectators will be permitted at stadiums. 

The link takes you to syracuse.com for their take and impact on Syracuse fans.

Edited by cwdickens
clarification