UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On 4/30/2020 at 2:42 PM, cwdickens said:

Inside Lacrosse ranked the top 40 lacrosse players in Transfer Portal, Liam was ranked 38th out of 40.  Again, a quality addition to the Dane  Train 🚆!

NICE!!!!  With Nat leaving { assume anyway] he should fit right in.  The younger guys won't be happy though

Edited by HOF2013

Haven't checked into lacrosse lately, still upset with the season ending like it did.  Any Seniors staying? Will be very disruptive I think, especially to recruited class coming in.  Diamond sees the handwriting on the wall.  So Skidders is leaving?  He didn't play at all and I have not heard good things about him anyway, although he is talented, hurts the team with lack of effort and attitude so I hear.

Edited by HOF2013

On 4/8/2020 at 10:51 AM, 518Lacrosse said:

Correct and I agree.  I’ll add that everyone isn’t always on the 4 year plan to graduate. It wasn’t the strongest class in the world and the replacements are already on board or coming.  Probably better use of the resources to just move on.  I would be surprised if more than 2 stay but not surprised if none do.  I suspect there will be plenty of transfers from expensive private schools.  If we take any on, that would eat into the allotment but that’s when SUNY prices become an advantage.  In my opinion, the NCAA should’ve just said it’s very unfortunate but it’s a lost season for all involved.  This will have impact for the next 4-5 years.

Agree.  The other leg up might be the free tuition for NY state residents.  Since lacrosse only gets 12.6 scholarships it has to be tough.  I would think there are types of funding available too; students in need,  kids who are great students etc.  So much has changed since I went to school I don't know anymore.  Anything new to report now?

On 4/24/2020 at 10:33 AM, 518Lacrosse said:

Last I heard, it was Patterson, Kunz, and Ron John

also looks like mccomber and skidders are out 

I have NOT seen anything new since 518Lax posted the above; and the goalie from Utah committed. Most of top kids on the portal have committed or strongly tied. UA does not seem to be getting much interest from top transfers??

14 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Agree.  The other leg up might be the free tuition for NY state residents.

Interesting OPINION article IL. Author seems to support that a cut back in athletic spending will actually help Lacrosse. He even suggest schools with lax should reduce the 12.6 schollies they have now. With average of 47 players per team, second most in college sports and less schollies (12.6) than all other major sports; Lax players and families have shown a propensity for paying to play. {Not sure where he is getting his numbers--thought track and rowing would have more players per team; perhaps only talking about "major sports?} Anyhow, he claims this willingness to pay to play is supported by major conferences NOT getting on the lax bandwagon as aggressively as lesser conferences. Also, the fact that many DII & Dlll teams compete at a very high level in lax. {he did not mention Ivy League and other none scholarship lacrosse competes in lax at very high levels, which would have supported his premise.} Anyhow, with college enrollment down and predictions for greater decline in the 20's to come, expenses UP,  with an ever greater increase in ONLINE learning [given the unexpected jolt to it's expansion from covid19]; lacrosse gets "PAYING" athletes ON CAMPUS and the growing popularity of the support helps with student applications and enrollments overall.

If he is right and IF I understood his premises, free tuition in NY should become an even bigger incentive to play & pay lacrosse in NY. I'd welcome ALL thoughts and opinions from anyone who finds the time to read the article!

On 5/2/2020 at 9:48 AM, dslyank said:

Interesting OPINION article IL. Author seems to support that a cut back in athletic spending will actually help Lacrosse. He even suggest schools with lax should reduce the 12.6 schollies they have now. With average of 47 players per team, second most in college sports and less schollies (12.6) than all other major sports; Lax players and families have shown a propensity for paying to play. {Not sure where he is getting his numbers--thought track and rowing would have more players per team; perhaps only talking about "major sports?} Anyhow, he claims this willingness to pay to play is supported by major conferences NOT getting on the lax bandwagon as aggressively as lesser conferences. Also, the fact that many DII & Dlll teams compete at a very high level in lax. {he did not mention Ivy League and other none scholarship lacrosse competes in lax at very high levels, which would have supported his premise.} Anyhow, with college enrollment down and predictions for greater decline in the 20's to come, expenses UP,  with an ever greater increase in ONLINE learning [given the unexpected jolt to it's expansion from covid19]; lacrosse gets "PAYING" athletes ON CAMPUS and the growing popularity of the support helps with student applications and enrollments overall.

If he is right and IF I understood his premises, free tuition in NY should become an even bigger incentive to play & pay lacrosse in NY. I'd welcome ALL thoughts and opinions from anyone who finds the time to read the article!

"If he is right and IF I understood his premises, free tuition in NY should become an even bigger incentive to play & pay lacrosse in NY. I'd welcome ALL thoughts and opinions from anyone who finds the time to read the article!"  AGREE 100%

"Last I heard, it was Patterson, Kunz, and Ron John"

What does this mean?  They are staying or graduating!

TD is staying at Yale for 5th season.  Seems he found a loophole to play another year.  Ivies do not allow more than 8 semesters of an athlete but since he transferred in,  he hasn't hit the 8 yet at Yale.  Ingenious but obvious if you know the policy.

All this blabber from TD that I'm going back to Yale no matter if I play lacrosse or not; appears a lot of hot air to me now. Don't know the young man and have no inside info what-so-ever; but the. way he left UA and now the way he got back into Yale lead me to believe with TD it is all about "I." 

Just pass me the ball and let me do the rest. Remember there is no 'team in I.'

quote from comic "In the Bleachers" 4/27/2020 {I tried to copy it here but file too large.}

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

All this blabber from TD that I'm going back to Yale no matter if I play lacrosse or not; appears a lot of hot air to me now. Don't know the young man and have no inside info what-so-ever; but the. way he left UA and now the way he got back into Yale lead me to believe with TD it is all about "I." 

quote from comic "In the Bleachers" 4/27/2020 {I tried to copy it here but file too large.}

Who else should he be concerned with.  Everyone should look out for themselves first.

11 minutes ago, alum73 said:

Who else should he be concerned with.  Everyone should look out for themselves first.

If the nurses and doctors and other first responders thought this there would be a lot more dead people. If grocery store clerks thought this there would be a lot more very hungry people. It was meant as a joke read:   "In the Bleachers" comic 4/27/2020. Of course he should do what is best for himself; but if everyone did SO, well pretty sad world IMHO.

6 hours ago, dslyank said:

If the nurses and doctors and other first responders thought this there would be a lot more dead people. If grocery store clerks thought this there would be a lot more very hungry people. It was meant as a joke read:   "In the Bleachers" comic 4/27/2020. Of course he should do what is best for himself; but if everyone did SO, well pretty sad world IMHO.

All those people still look out for themselves while they do their good works. I didn't detect your joke.  I don't read In the Bleachers.