UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Ha, ha, ha.... Plan B?  This is UAlbany!

They should get use to playing in the weather.  No idea what feb. 15 will be like........... just saying!

20 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

They should get use to playing in the weather.  No idea what feb. 15 will be like........... just saying!

For some of us, watching 👀 a football 🏈 game in late November or a lacrosse game in February or early March means dressing for the cold weather; to be expected.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

For some of us, watching 👀 a football 🏈 game in late November or a lacrosse game in February or early March means dressing for the cold weather; to be expected.

YEP!  Dress the same. I wear my hunting boots [2000 grams of thinsulate], long johns, several layers on top with a heavy coat and a winter hat; and my heavy hunting gloves.  I stay toasty! 

Just got back from the scrimmage,  Cold, some great play and then some sloppy play, bad passing etc etc..  Several key players did not play????   Anybody know why?? Coach Thompson not there [maybe scouting].   If you were keeping score UA ended up on top after 4 quarters.  I left at the start of  the 5th quarter.  Still have GOT to be better at faceoff, for real!!  Wings have to get more ground balls. Altimari looked better than ever last year, Jones was okay. Freshman FO?????????    

Face offs are still a big problem.

no idea why Jakob didn’t play but knee isn’t 100% if they held him out.

Loved the intensity coming out and thumped Siena in the first and then lots of subbing

it was cold and for nine days of practice this team would have clobbered last years team.

still need to clean up some things for sure but in a much better place than this time last year.

2 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Face offs are still a big problem.

no idea why Jakob didn’t play but knee isn’t 100% if they held him out.

Loved the intensity coming out and thumped Siena in the first and then lots of subbing

it was cold and for nine days of practice this team would have clobbered last years team.

still need to clean up some things for sure but in a much better place than this time last year.

Ron J, Skidders, Chris Ryan also did not play .  You are correct, when subs started coming in mistakes started happening - we all know it is early  and there is only a week or so of practice   Many of those kids will get lots of time and have to jell a little better.   Faceoff?  It killed us last year.    Got to be better!!! 

• Like 1

Arrived 5 minutes late. Don't know score when I arrived {anyone know why scrimmage scores are not shown on board---ncaa rule??--pretty stupid if you ask me.} Anyhow from that point I had UA 13-9 until middle of period 5 when I left. Thought UA pretty much out played llc even with many UA missing pieces and even when "starters" subbed out. 

Some observations:  two of $ienna's goals came after UA basically ran by the ball laying on the ground and ½ the team sprinted down the field as if UA had gotten the ball leaving wide open goals for llc. In other words ground ball work like last year needs WORK. llc got another goal when #88 Piseno (who is definitely going to be a good one--very active--tough) after a side line scrum which he won against 2-3, just heaved the ball into the middle of the field where an opponent walked in for a goal. Freshman mistake, but I loved his hustle/fight.  Very impressed with #45 Hogg; Yunker and him should really battle to start along side Tehoka & Patterson. Unofficially I had Hogg and Tehoka with at least a hat trick each. Remain disappointed with #9 McComber, got a lot of minutes today and spent much of it on his butt, similar to last year. Just too small???

As far as late inning subs Sands was beast out there and I would not be surprised {if healthy} he does not push the starters for a lot of minutes. Freshman goalie Heller #30 also stood out. He was ALL over the field; looked like  Riordan only quicker. Un-officially gave up only a goal or two in about 20 minutes of action.

Anyone and All feel free to correct, contradict or add to the above. My early impressions only--will take NO offense.

ps agree with Hof on FO summary above. Altamari best sofar.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Arrived 5 minutes late. Don't know score when I arrived {anyone know why scrimmage scores are not shown on board---ncaa rule??--pretty stupid if you ask me.} Anyhow from that point I had UA 13-9 until middle of period 5 when I left. Thought UA pretty much out played llc even with many UA missing pieces and even when "starters" subbed out. 

Some observations:  two of $ienna's goals came after UA basically ran by the ball laying on the ground and ½ the team sprinted down the field as if UA had gotten the ball leaving wide open goals for llc. In other words ground ball work like last year needs WORK. llc got another goal when #88 Piseno (who is definitely going to be a good one--very active--tough) after a side line scrum which he won against 2-3, just heaved the ball into the middle of the field where an opponent walked in for a goal. Freshman mistake, but I loved his hustle/fight.  Very impressed with #45 Hogg; Yunker and him should really battle to start along side Tehoka & Patterson. Unofficially I had Hogg and Tehoka with at least a hat trick each. Remain disappointed with #9 McComber, got a lot of minutes today and spent much of it on his butt, similar to last year. Just too small???

As far as late inning subs Sands was beast out there and I would not be surprised {if healthy} he does not push the starters for a lot of minutes. Freshman goalie Heller #30 also stood out. He was ALL over the field; looked like  Riordan only quicker. Un-officially gave up only a goal or two in about 20 minutes of action.

Anyone and All feel free to correct, contradict or add to the above. My early impressions only--will take NO offense.

ps agree with Hof on FO summary above. Altamari best sofar.

Can't disagree with anything you said.

We substituted liberally and early. When you think that three first line starters did not play  that was really good offensive production.

At least 3-4 of their goals were walk ins as you mentioned.

I don't know what the deal is with Altamari. He was the starter last year and for whatever reason fell out of favor. Whatever the coaches decide, I just hope they stick with one of them.

The team is much stronger, and more physical this year, and if everyone can get healthy could be surprise some people.

• Like 1

LOTS of subs, good for a scrimmage.  There were several kids who I thought did very well.  Early season mistakes but some good play too.   Faceoff still a disappointment! Several guys I didn't necessarily expect to, played well I thought, couple of freshman, few sophomores and as compared to last year..   Agree on Sands, also Kozar, Fingar,  Pepe, Altimare,  Bradley, Petersen, Schab, Hay,  Kuntz, Piseno,  Weathersby.  Probably missing a couple.   These young guys show that we have a bright future  I think!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

LOTS of subs, good for a scrimmage.  There were several kids who I thought did very well.  Early season mistakes but some good play too.   Faceoff still a disappointment! Several guys I didn't necessarily expect to, played well I thought, couple of freshman, few sophomores and as compared to last year..   Agree on Sands, also Kozar, Fingar,  Pepe, Altimare,  Bradley, Petersen, Schab, Hay,  Kuntz, Piseno,  Weathersby.  Probably missing a couple.   These young guys show that we have a bright future  I think!

I agree those were some names that stood out to me as well.

There is some really solid defensive depth with 5-6 who can step in play right now, but I think the starters are Kunz, Hay and Filipowski, but Kozar is right there as is Weathersby who gives them the flexibility to play LSM which he played yesterday and down low. A lot of young depth, and. I hope the coaches give a few of those guys more opportunities than were given to young  guys last year.

I don't recall seeing Chase Noah doing too much yesterday. He like Skidders was out of the fall game and he looked like a guy who could push some guys as a freshmen and it was great to see.Hogg pick up where he left off from the fall games.

Gleason is doing a nice job turning around $iena, and to see the offense without Ron John, Burgmasgter, and Patterson, put up seven goals in the first quarter was a sight for sore eyes.

We were talking more about the face offs, and with no inside info I think what will ultimately happen is that they go with the best 1-2 athletes who can win a few and if not turn it into a scrum and unfortunately I think that will wind up being two of the poles. I think they will go with either Altamari our Jones out of the gate, but I bet it is with a very short leash.