UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

GAME #24: 02/05/2020--7PM vs Binghamton

This in the TU this morning.  Anyone hear  a reason?  Doesn't say he withdrew from UA or would he back next season.  

Notes: Freshman forward Mitch Doherty is no longer on the UAlbany roster. Brown said he took "a personal leave of absence. He didn't get in any trouble or anything like that. Personal matter. Nothing to do with academics. Nothing to do with basketball."

• Like 1

That wasn't a thing of beauty but in a weird way, I like games where other guys have to step up and fill other roles.

When he came in, I thought Sam Shaefer was a fancy three point shooter but on that offense rebound late in the first half, he went UP.

More Fruscio!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

This in the TU this morning.  Anyone hear  a reason?  Doesn't say he withdrew from UA or would he back next season.  

Notes: Freshman forward Mitch Doherty is no longer on the UAlbany roster. Brown said he took "a personal leave of absence. He didn't get in any trouble or anything like that. Personal matter. Nothing to do with academics. Nothing to do with basketball."

If the school has time to actually remove you from the roster on the website, it’s probably safe to say he gone.

5 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

That wasn't a thing of beauty but in a weird way, I like games where other guys have to step up and fill other roles.

When he came in, I thought Sam Shaefer was a fancy three point shooter but on that offense rebound late in the first half, he went UP.

More Fruscio!

Yeah he also had a nice putback in the last couple minutes of the Lowell game where he elevated 

2 hours ago, Bball2020 said:

Had offers from umass, hartford , umass lowell etc in high school. With how bad are posts have played anyone know why he didnt get a chance this year? Looked a step slow at times but based on everything I read was a guy who got it done at a high level in high school. Not good that he left.

His competition for playing time was mostly with more experienced players - Hansen, Lulka, Lauderdale, Hanks. Next year might have been a different story had he stayed.

That transition from HS to college is tough sometimes. I've been surprised with how easy Hutch made it look. I tend to forget he's a freshman.

Very tough and yes agree hutch athletically is above typical frosh. My take on Mitch is reading about him in high school hes a guy who is super productive on court but not a guy who is a warm up line legend.. I saw all his other offers and I think its a mistake UA let him go. He got no chance and outside of Lauderdale our forwards have been abissmal this season. He should have got a chance, hope he doesnt transfer to team in league like Lowell . Known for his offense.

Not sure but why is he no longer on roster? Leave of absence wouldnt constitute removal from team. May be just speculation but based on his high school accolades and recruitment, riding the oine behind hank, lulka and hansen probably doesnt sit well with him. I assumed he left school based on obvious removal from roster.

30 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Not sure but why is he no longer on roster? Leave of absence wouldnt constitute removal from team. May be just speculation but based on his high school accolades and recruitment, riding the oine behind hank, lulka and hansen probably doesnt sit well with him. I assumed he left school based on obvious removal from roster.

However, Will said it had nothing to do with academics, nor nothing to do with basketball, that it was a personal matter. (??)

Edited by PurpleHoops