UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #28: 2/22/2020 @ 7PM vs New Hampshire

Umbc just won at uvm— were are a two man team healy and clark, if there hitting we can play with anyone (uvm first half), if not it gets ugly fast. I expect UA to be a five seed this year, type of team no one wants to play cause of healy and clark. Will be a big off season have to find two solid bigs and get jojo back, amica is very talented were lucky we signed him early as Siena would love to steal him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Umbc just won at uvm— were are a two man team healy and clark, if there hitting we can play with anyone (uvm first half), if not it gets ugly fast. I expect UA to be a five seed this year, type of team no one wants to play cause of healy and clark. Will be a big off season have to find two solid bigs and get jojo back, amica is very talented were lucky we signed him early as Siena would love to steal him.

So does any one know if JoJo Anderson was recruited already knowing he had a knee injury that would require surgery? All I found was an article back before the start of the season saying he is trying to play through it. If this staff knew that before giving him a scholarship that he’d need surgery what in the hell were they thinking?

14 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Sorry, but we are a one and half man team at this point because Healy is not the same since injury and may not be till the off season.  No one else has stepped up and based on 28 games, no one will step up going forward.  The 2 solid bigs will end up being JUCOs who struggle in first year in D1 and many do not pan out.  Anderson has a long recovery and can't be counted on as yet to lead the team.  Amica comes with many accolades but as a freshman, asking alot for him to run the team without shooting too much because we have no inside presence to pass to.  Hope I am wrong but the eye test after 28 games with this roster says the team has alot of work to do next season and beyond.  Trying not to be a Debbie downer but I have  watched 25 of the 28 games start to finish.  Holes are holes, plain as day.

I wanna start out by saying something positive: Hansen has improved greatly since the start of the season. I love watching him play. He knows what he does well and only does that.

Brown said on the post game interview that the team cannot score and has no inside presence. A good part of me Hope's they dont win another game and that really sinks in to Brown. Need to recruit guys who can score. Please please please go find some. 

9 hours ago, uofalbany said:

5th straight season without a chip.

The issues with this group are horrendous. WB has one more year left on the contract. You have to wonder if any sort of extension has been discussed. It’s also never good to have a lame duck coach on the recruiting trail and I think a two year extension tacked on after this season would be the right play. Whoever is in charge of player development for the bigs needs to go though. Watching last night on TV WB just looked defeated and lost. Who knows, he may want out himself after next season.

*rip up the contract for next year and give him a new 3 year extension with a pay cut. I think that’s plenty fair. Use that extra money and bring in an assistant who can work with bigs. I’m not sure if the school is allowed to do something like this, but just a thought.

Edited by UA'08

I like brown but I dont think hes extension worthy yet. Id say let the contract play out see how they do next year with should be top 3. Extensions dont matter at ualbany level. They are a low division one school the only kids you get there have limited other options, usually maybe they have two to three other offers all comparable schools. Those days are long gone as the low d1 schools have to wait out and go after kids the mid majors and high majors already took. I think Benson will want his choice in there but if Brown has a good year next year he will move up or stay longer at his discretion.

13 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I wanna start out by saying something positive: Hansen has improved greatly since the start of the season. I love watching him play. He knows what he does well and only does that.

Brown said on the post game interview that the team cannot score and has no inside presence. A good part of me Hope's they dont win another game and that really sinks in to Brown. Need to recruit guys who can score. Please please please go find some. 

Sadly, his quote at the start of the year was something like, "only people who can score the ball will be in the starting 5. We need scorers on the floor" He has 1 scorer and the rest are complimentary pieces. The one scorer leaves this year and then what do we do? 

14 minutes ago, Dane06grad said:

Sadly, his quote at the start of the year was something like, "only people who can score the ball will be in the starting 5. We need scorers on the floor" He has 1 scorer and the rest are complimentary pieces. The one scorer leaves this year and then what do we do? 

Lol and how many games did Hank start?

Again I have absolutely no problem with any of these posts but I dont have the same gloom as some do on this board. 

Brown came back from the dead before to have something like a 1/2 dozen 20 win seasons in a row. 

I think even after 20 years of coaching he will continue to learn. We return a lot but really need to change the recruiting a little bit. Anderson at full strength should have a positive impact. Have probably 3 scholarships (or more ). Need to recuit athletes. Plain and simple . 

After a quick read of last few entries, I want to share my thoughts for the team's demise: lingering injuries, mental fatigue, youth and a lack of consistent starting five and supporting players during conference play.  Our recent loses are to teams with more experience and grit. I am concern a number of players no longer will see as an opportunity worth staying for and leave in search of better experience.