UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #28: 2/22/2020 @ 7PM vs New Hampshire

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

After a quick read of last few entries, I want to share my thoughts for the team's demise: lingering injuries, mental fatigue, youth and a lack of consistent starting five and supporting players during conference play.  Our recent loses are to teams with more experience and grit. I am concern a number of players no longer will see as an opportunity worth staying for and leave in search of better experience.

Outside of Healy (who already redshirted and would lose a year of eligibility) where are they going to go ? How many of these guys are going to find schools where they can play 20+ minutes a night. (And they need to sit out a year. ) 

Rizzuto- Nope , Desousa-Nope , Lulka-Nope, Hank-Nope, French-Nope, Anderson - already transferred and is a senior. Shafer -Nope. Hutchinson- getting 20+ minutes a game as a freshman and Brown likes him. Nope. 

They may leave but they are going D2. Our core will be jr's next year and the excuses go out the window. Big offseason. Recruiting this year will be huge. 

Edited by UA1882

11 hours ago, cwdickens said:

After a quick read of last few entries, I want to share my thoughts for the team's demise: lingering injuries, mental fatigue, youth and a lack of consistent starting five and supporting players during conference play.  Our recent loses are to teams with more experience and grit. I am concern a number of players no longer will see as an opportunity worth staying for and leave in search of better experience.

Are we really going keep adding youth in there as an excuse? It’s basically 2 full seasons for that core,3 if you include the redshirts 

The excuses are gone. This team has FAILED. Maybe they will grit it out and win a first round game, coming out of the 5 or 6 seed. But they have not shown me anything to really make me hopeful about doing that. I suppose you can make an excuse for injuries but this team is no longer young. Clack (god bless him) and others have pointed out the lack of player development. They are 100% correct. I do not have the expertise to say if this the fault of the coaches, bad recruiting or just players not developing mentally, physically, & athletically. But whatever the reason, something or someones (players & coaches) need to change next year. Keep doing the same things and you will keep getting the same things.

• Like 2