UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #29: 2/26/2020 @ 7PM @ UMass- Lowell

2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

He has played very well on the offensive end , however he is atrocious defensively. Constantly out of position. But def better offensively (more active). 

I really hope Healy is hurt. He is also terrible defensively, cant rebound,  cant pass. If he is not scoring 20 a night he is a bad player. 

I think he is definitely not right. If you watch the few jumpers he's taken, he is not getting the lift with his legs.  Not jumping high at all.

Well they got to 35.  Hope they are not patting themselves on the back for that.  French was burned down low a couple times but he does run the floor well unlike the lumbering Hank and Lauderdale.  Healy is still not 100%.  Hutchinson I think is hitting the freshman wall lately.  Alot of games and minutes compared to HS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

He has played very well on the offensive end , however he is atrocious defensively. Constantly out of position. But def better offensively (more active). 

I really hope Healy is hurt. He is also terrible defensively, cant rebound,  cant pass. If he is not scoring 20 a night he is a bad player. 

Sure...totally see the same as you...but are you telling me he's any worse than what we've had in the post this year?  The kid hasn't had a nary of game experience, so I forgive him for missing assignments.  I see the same from Lulka, Hanks, Hansen, and Lauderale.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dane96 said:

Sure...totally see the same as you...but are you telling me he's any worse than what we've had in the post this year?  The kid hasn't had a nary of game experience, so I forgive him for missing assignments.  I see the same from Lulka, Hanks, Hansen, and Lauderale.  

Hanks is a far better defensive player.  Not even close , really not even close, but offensively he is a liability.  Hansen is far more athletic  and lately far better defensively. 

I'm not saying I dont like the way French is playing. I'm saying he scored 8 and gave up at least that. He shows effort which is good . But needs to show something defensively. 

10 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Hanks is a far better defensive player.  Not even close , really not even close, but offensively he is a liability.  Hansen is far more athletic  and lately far better defensively. 

I'm not saying I dont like the way French is playing. I'm saying he scored 8 and gave up at least that. He shows effort which is good . But needs to show something defensively. 

You just described the bigger problem in a nutshell.  With every single big we have, there is a an issue and a positive.  Hanks we have 4 on 5 offense but great d.  Lulka- flat out zero this year. He's a nice young man, but I don't want to hear the excuses, injuries, etc.  He is the most disappointing player to me.  Can't even make bunnies.   Hansen, agree on all the above...he just wasn't consistent until the tail end of the year.  I actually like his game alot.  Lauderdale- as many flashes as wtf's.  

There is a severe lack of development with our bigs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Feels like a first round exit again to me...

Seriously, someone give me hope for this program moving forward.  I understand that Amica is supposed to be great coming out, but so was Healy and the team is still so darn mediocre. I'll l'll read with open ears/eyes. Go on...

1 minute ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Seriously, someone give me hope for this program moving forward.  I understand that Amica is supposed to be great coming out, but so was Healy and the team is still so darn mediocre. I'll l'll read with open ears/eyes. Go on...

I summarized what next season's team will look like in the Recruiting 2020 thread on page 7.  I should revise it because French will not be there next season so tack on another JUCO recruit.

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

I summarized what next season's team will look like in the Recruiting 2020 thread on page 7.  I should revise it because French will not be there next season so tack on another JUCO recruit.

I know, I read it.  Looking for some hope from that and I just don't see it. 

2 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

This is ridiculously hard for me to write....but I truly feel like Coach needs to look at his own staff and evaluate.  It simply has not produced since the unfortunate departure of Chad O'Donnell.  I truly believe he needs at least one, if not more fresh blood.  We have had a strange year, and you need to account for injuries, etc.  But the lack of progression and, in some cases severe regression, can't only be put on the kids.  

Right now, aside from Cam Healy and Trey Hutchinson, name me 3 other starters for next year. 

I'll wait while eating my burger...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

This is ridiculously hard for me to write....but I truly feel like Coach needs to look at his own staff and evaluate.  It simply has not produced since the unfortunate departure of Chad O'Donnell.  I truly believe he needs at least one, if not more fresh blood.  We have had a strange year, and you need to account for injuries, etc.  But the lack of progression and, in some cases severe regression, can't only be put on the kids.  

Right now, aside from Cam Healy and Trey Hutchinson, name me 3 other starters for next year. 

And Friel. 

10 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Every single player should be recruited over. Every single one. Competition is a good thing. 

• Like 1