UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #29: 2/26/2020 @ 7PM @ UMass- Lowell

7 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Completely forgot about Jeremy.  He was a stud.  Those two...sharp coaches and recruiters. 

Saying it all season, shake up the staff this off- season.  Next season will be just like this.  Start the process and maybe things will look up in two years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nysteve661 said:

Saying it all season, shake up the staff this off- season.  Next season will be just like this.  Start the process and maybe things will look up in two years.

Are we really suggesting WB is blameless in the current state of the program and that it's simply about finding the right lieutenants?

Just now, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Are we really suggesting WB is blameless in the current state of the program and that it's simply about finding the right lieutenants?

Not at all, it all comes from the top.  But, he needs to re-evaluate everything.  Staff, style of play, recruitment, etc.  And frankly, the staff does a huge amount of recruiting and player development.  But in the end, it's WB's philosophy and choices.  So sure, he is to blame...but the first step is evaluating what to fix.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Well he’s a lame duck coach next season. Extend him two more years with a pay cut, get rid of Knots and bring in an assistant with experience. Doesn’t even have to be D1, just someone who’s been in the game for years.

Edited by UA'08

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Not at all, it all comes from the top.  But, he needs to re-evaluate everything.  Staff, style of play, recruitment, etc.  And frankly, the staff does a huge amount of recruiting and player development.  But in the end, it's WB's philosophy and choices.  So sure, he is to blame...but the first step is evaluating what to fix.

So at what point would any of you die-hard Brownies finally say enough is enough and realize that it's time for a change? That sounds like snark, but I'm genuinely curious as to your breaking points.  I get that he did some great things, but it's been a long time and at some point, winning still matters.

Why extend him? That's just throwing good money after mediocre.  Make him earn it after the last 5 years. 

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet

Just now, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

So at what point would any of you die-hard Brownies finally say enough is enough and realize that it's time for a change? That sounds like snark, but I'm genuinely curious as to your breaking points.  I get that he did some great things, but it's been a long time and at some point, wining still matters.

Presumptuous...and a bit obnoxious to call me a die-hard Brownie.

7 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Surly not.  He is the boss and he hired the assistants.  But I would think when he sits down with Benson after the season, he better have a plan and how the team will improve.  New blood on the staff is the most obvious since he can't turn over 75% of the roster by Nov..  If he stands behind his staff, then he might be on the clock for his removal after next season.