Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #29: 2/26/2020 @ 7PM @ UMass- Lowell


Recommended Posts

Craziest thing- this year is 100x more disappointing than last.  Maddening is a good description.  

Bad Coaching in the Player Development Category

Unfortunate Injuries

Lazy off-season for some-  If 75% of this team did what Hutch did in showing up early, working hard, wanting to gym rat / film study...this team would be alone in 2nd place.

Lack of Basketball IQ

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, godanesgo99 said:

Wow. Glad I didn't watch this game. Checked the score after my teams last practice and almost lost my dinner. 

Don't want to read through the thread. They showed signs of starting to put it all together as conference play started then just fell apart. 

No words to describe it. 

 

Almost lost the nice chicken parm dinner I made for my wife and I.  Don't know why I even watch.  Glad to have a previous engagement Saturday night to avoid watching the SBU game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

We are so lucky to have this roster and this staff...you guys are so negative? 

...

You absolutely do NOT extend anyone! Get that thought right out of your head. 

 

This season is over... And has been for weeks. 

This entire roster can leave... Every single kid. With no exception but Hutch and Healy... The rest can hit the bricks and take every assistant with them. Start firing people! 

I know u like Hutch . And I fully understand he is a freshman. I like him too. But over the last 6 games or so he has been a nobody. I'm not saying I want him to leave but right now they can all walk . 

Edit: I stand corrected.  He had a good game against binghamton. 

Edited by UA1882
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I am a Brown supporter. However I agree something or many things need to change. 

We played horrible defense today however we started losing when Healy got hurt. You need to have people who can put the ball in the hope. We have Clark. That's it. 

I’m an Albany supporter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Craziest thing- this year is 100x more disappointing than last.  Maddening is a good description.  

Bad Coaching in the Player Development Category

Unfortunate Injuries

Lazy off-season for some-  If 75% of this team did what Hutch did in showing up early, working hard, wanting to gym rat / film study...this team would be alone in 2nd place.

Lack of Basketball IQ

You can probably throw roster construction in there also.

We brought in multiple forwards when we need another guard who can create. Not sure how many games this cost us. Granted the Anderson injury didn't help but it was a thin line to begin with. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Numbers of a team that has lost it down the stretch of the season:

Lowell shot 58.3% from field, 57% from three, outrebounded UA 37-24.  And Lowell shot 10 of 20 from the line or this was worse.  Of course UA was 58% from line, another bizarre issue this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

{not an excuse}

Healy, 41 points in 33 minutes in the first UML game.

Healy, 2 points in 27 minutes in this UML game. 

He didn't look that much different on the court but there's obviously something going on.

[end not an excuse]

UMBC loses at home to Bing? Does anyone actually want that fourth seed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Clickclack said:

We are so lucky to have this roster and this staff...you guys are so negative? 

...

You absolutely do NOT extend anyone! Get that thought right out of your head. 

 

This season is over...and has been for weeks. 

WELCOME BACK CLACK!  Go ahead with the "I told you so."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, dslyank said:

WELCOME BACK CLACK!  Go ahead with the "I told you so."

No..there's zero joy in it. 

I'm sad for this program...but honestly, we haven't been good for a while. There's a lot to take stock in...even with the 20 win teams, they didn't win anything and now the bottom is falling out. 12 wins last year, 14 wins this year, kenpom ranking has fallen BELOW last years. Last time they made it out of the 1st round in the AE tourney was 2017, last regular season title was 2015...so yeah, this program is a mess. 

 

The last thing to go for me is anger...that's the last stop. I've lost hope in the direction of program. Many of you have seen me rail against the JUCO recruiting strategy, go look at all current offers...25 JUCO's. It's sad...I don't know where you go from here. I'm fairly down about next year as well. Will be interesting to see what Benson does with this program. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK. I know we are not suppose to name names; but between you and me and the blog, Knox and Pelletier need to be sacked!

Knox played 4 years for UA was a total liability offensively, never averaged double digits in a season and for his career under 5 per game in points and rebounds [I did not look these up but speak only from memory, but if you check, probably even worse than I recall.]  Always told he was a good defender, which I cannot confirm or deny. He was hired as coordinator of basketball operations, which is basically a clerk position. Elevated to coach based on being a good clerk and bad player?? While I am not saying you have to be a good player to be a good coach; but UA offensively bad and so-so defensively COINCIDENTAL??

Now with Pelletier I have to be careful with what I say; but I heard from a very reliable source that Pelletier does NOT like coach Brown AT ALL. Now as many have pointed out, staff different opinions and strategies is/are a GOOD thing and healthy for a team. But for an assistant to say he does NOT LIKE his boss is IMHO un-healthy. I wanted to point this out to the source, but like now I was/am in an uncomfortable position. I will say this, the source IS close enough to Pelletier to know if the sentiment is true or not, but I do not know the source well enough to know if the source is truthful or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dslyank said:

OK. I know we are not suppose to name names; but between you and me and the blog, Knox and Pelletier need to be sacked!

Knox played 4 years for UA was a total liability offensively, never averaged double digits in a season and for his career under 5 per game in points and rebounds [I did not look these up but speak only from memory, but if you check, probably even worse than I recall.]  Always told he was a good defender, which I cannot confirm or deny. He was hired as coordinator of basketball operations, which is basically a clerk position. Elevated to coach based on being a good clerk and bad player?? While I am not saying you have to be a good player to be a good coach; but UA offensively bad and so-so defensively COINCIDENTAL??

Now with Pelletier I have to be careful with what I say; but I heard from a very reliable source that Pelletier does NOT like coach Brown AT ALL. Now as many have pointed out, staff different opinions and strategies is/are a GOOD thing and healthy for a team. But for an assistant to say he does NOT LIKE his boss is IMHO un-healthy. I wanted to point this out to the source, but like now I was/am in an uncomfortable position. I will say this, the source IS close enough to Pelletier to know if the sentiment is true or not, but I do not know the source well enough to know if the source is truthful or not. 

I’ll play this game of 7 degrees of WB to narrow down the source! I’d say it’s someone with ties to Zach Bye former color guy and Joe Cremo’s PR man! Bye and Pelletier were teammates at saint rose.

But I also think not liking your boss is pretty common 😂

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...