Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

So close. So we are back to the team that can score and defend somewhat, but can't buy a face off with an Amex Black card.......too bad..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimbo said:

So close. So we are back to the team that can score and defend somewhat, but can't buy a face off with an Amex Black card.......too bad..

Can ANYONE imaging if we were 50% in games against top 15 teams????????  I my mind we could have won them all!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lose by one.  Great effort but they could have won easily if even 40% at the X.  7 out of 30.  Obviously the face off guy they need is not on the current roster.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

personally HATE that 80 second clock.

100% agree. Have been saying this for two years. IMHO it has hurt the game. Not necessarily saying go back to the old rule; but it NEEDS to be changed and/or modified. I know I sound like a broken record but IT HAS NOT made for a faster pace game [which was its primary stated purpose.] With all the subbing, offensive and defensive shifting and deliberate offenses, the game has for me been less fun to watch. Getting as bad as watching women's lacrosse--no offense to the ladies themselves; ONLY the rules they play under.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the heck were there no twitter live updates for the game ..? Had to follow Maryland’s twitter to get updates. Nice run vs top team they have the ability faceoffs HURT! Just going off stats Man that’s a great effort though losing that many draws and still losing by 1!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So one of you guys who knows.  What defense were we in the second half?  I liked it over-all.  On the side where the two freshman were playing [the right side facing the goal]; Fingar and Pepe; they gave a little too much room a couple of times and Maryland took advantage and scored BUT they did a good job as freshman.  As I said I personally was impressed with the defense the second half - yeah I know I bust them a lot, but go to give props when I think the deserve it.  I just [and I am sure the coaches would agree] can't get over the dismal FO wins.  Even against league opponents we have to do better........................

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Lose by one.  Great effort but they could have won easily if even 40% at the X.  7 out of 30.  Obviously the face off guy they need is not on the current roster.

I tend to agree with you but hard to say when you don’t give them a real opportunity. Panic mode sets in and they go straight to the pole.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

So one of you guys who knows.  What defense were we in the second half?  I liked it over-all.  On the side where the two freshman were playing [the right side facing the goal]; Fingar and Pepe; they gave a little too much room a couple of times and Maryland took advantage and scored BUT they did a good job as freshman.  As I said I personally was impressed with the defense the second half - yeah I know I bust them a lot, but go to give props when I think the deserve it.  I just [and I am sure the coaches would agree] can't get over the dismal FO wins.  Even against league opponents we have to do better........................

Zone defense about 80%-90% of the game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I tend to agree with you but hard to say when you don’t give them a real opportunity. Panic mode sets in and they go straight to the pole.

Altimari did not win one...................... I would not say that was panic mode.  The Long stick actually did better in there in the 2nd half.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The freshmen took 3-4 I am guessing. He was getting in on the clamp. I think poles took around 20 in total. The other problem is that they are losing confidence and know if they don’t win they are getting yanked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

The freshmen took 3-4 I am guessing. He was getting in on the clamp. I think poles took around 20 in total. The other problem is that they are losing confidence and know if they don’t win they are getting yanked. 

Well FO has been killing the team all year.  Freshman was 1 of 4, Altimari was 1 of 6, LP was 5 of 17.  We must be around 30% overall.  Hard to stick with them when they are losing - the long stick actually did better later in the game.  As a coach the responsibility is not to caress egos at this point, it is to try to win games and get ready for the league schedule.  You know as well as we all do that when you can't get possession - with that crazy 80 second rule - it is hard to overcome.  A team that gets rebounds and ground balls has an opportunity to keep shooting and possessing the ball.  Our kids were more aggressive today and got more ground balls and we started scoring, especially in the 2nd half.  BUT winning so few FO is hard to overcome, especially against top 15 teams.

Pepe and Kuntz both had 3 ground balls, Piseno had 4 and Casey had 4.  There were 4 guys with 2 and 5 guys with 1 each.  Some guys who get a lot of time at close D had zero ground balls!!

Edited by HOF2013
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Well FO has been killing the team all year.  Freshman was 1 of 4, Altimari was 1 of 6, LP was 5 of 17.  We must be around 30% overall.  Hard to stick with them when they are losing - the long stick actually did better later in the game.  As a coach the responsibility is not to caress egos at this point, it is to try to win games and get ready for the league schedule.  You know as well as we all do that when you can't get possession - with that crazy 80 second rule - it is hard to overcome.  A team that gets rebounds and ground balls has an opportunity to keep shooting and possessing the ball.  Our kids were more aggressive today and got more ground balls and we started scoring, especially in the 2nd half.  BUT winning so few FO is hard to overcome, especially against top 15 teams.

Pepe and Kuntz both had 3 ground balls, Piseno had 4 and Casey had 4.  There were 4 guys with 2 and 5 guys with 1 each.  Some guys who get a lot of time at close D had zero ground balls!!

Panic may be a poor word choice, but it just seems like an odd way to manage the position and I think I said panic, because even in the fall games, when it is all about improving and seeing what you have, the coaches gave the fogo's little to no rope.

The video from Maryland is usually like watching ants it is so bad, and it sounded like it wasn't great, but I may be wrong on Danny, but I don't think he had the chance to get into a rhythm. It takes a time or two to get the ref's cadence, and then to adjust and counter what your opponent is doing. Four face offs over the course of a game just doesn't seem like the best way to figure out if you have to jump from your FOGO to facing off with poles. I guess that is why I used the word panic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...