Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

As I recall from last evening's newscast on WNYT  Ch-13 the UMBC games were scheduled to go off as indicated.... something could have happen ....last evening snowfall was about 2 feet depending where you live and there is a State of Emergency covering the Albany area

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually pretty happy to be in my blue state, thankyouverymuch and think that the safety of the many supersedes the rights of a few.    It's called the greater good. Maybe we should talk abou

Channel 13 reported both Albany men’s and women’s teams resumed on-court practice today

I could see fall sports delayed or cancelled, but honestly, if we as a country aren't back to normal by the time winter sports start practice we will have much bigger issues than college sports. We wi

Posted Images

In this morning's TU, Wednesday's practice was delayed to evening because Cam Healy had a root canal, Lulka is questionable after a "procedure" Tuesday, Chuck Champion had a screw put into his foot recently and his minutes may be limited, CJ Kelly and JoJo Anderson are both coming off knee surgery and Kelly is about 80%. Brown says we're close to adding a game around the time the Bryant game was, and close to another game after Christmas. The UMBC games at 4:00 Saturday and 2:00 Sunday are an hour later than originally scheduled.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the full, current, schedule:

 

UAlbany Men's Schedule 2020-2021					
					
Date		Opponent	Home/Away	Type		W/L	Score
11/28/2020	Marist		Home		OOC		-	Cancelled
12/3/2020	Drexel		Away		OOC		-	Cancelled
12/4/2020	Quinnipiac	Away		OOC		-	Cancelled
12/19/2020	UMBC		Home		Conference		
12/20/2020	UMBC		Home		Conference		
12/22/2020	Niagara		Home		OOC		
12/23/2020	Bryant		Home		OOC		-	Cancelled
1/2/2021	Vermont		Away		Conference		
1/3/2021	Vermont		Away		Conference		
1/9/2021	Stony Brook	Home		Conference		
1/10/2021	Stony Brook	Home		Conference		
1/16/2021	NJIT		Home		Conference		
1/17/2021	NJIT		Home		Conference		
1/23/2021	New Hampshire	Away		Conference		
1/24/2021	New Hampshire	Away		Conference		
1/30/2021	UMass-Lowell	Home		Conference		
1/31/2021	UMass-Lowell	Home		Conference		
2/6/2021	Maine		Away		Conference		
2/7/2021	Maine		Away		Conference		
2/18/2021	Binghamton	Home		Conference		
2/19/2021	Binghamton	Home		Conference		
2/27/2021	Hartford	Away		Conference		
2/28/2021	Hartford	Away		Conference		

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

SBU goes on a 2 week pause because of a positive test with someone associated with the team, postponing their next 2 weekends against UMBC and UA.

Not sure how the league rules work this year. Could UMBC and UA use those now open weekends to schedule OOC games?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, Eli said:

Here is the full, current, schedule:

 




UAlbany Men's Schedule 2020-2021					
					
Date		Opponent	Home/Away	Type		W/L	Score
11/28/2020	Marist		Home		OOC		-	Cancelled
12/3/2020	Drexel		Away		OOC		-	Cancelled
12/4/2020	Quinnipiac	Away		OOC		-	Cancelled
12/19/2020	UMBC		Home		Conference		
12/20/2020	UMBC		Home		Conference		
12/22/2020	Niagara		Home		OOC		
12/23/2020	Bryant		Home		OOC		-	Cancelled
1/2/2021	Vermont		Away		Conference		
1/3/2021	Vermont		Away		Conference		
1/9/2021	Stony Brook	Home		Conference		
1/10/2021	Stony Brook	Home		Conference		
1/16/2021	NJIT		Home		Conference		
1/17/2021	NJIT		Home		Conference		
1/23/2021	New Hampshire	Away		Conference		
1/24/2021	New Hampshire	Away		Conference		
1/30/2021	UMass-Lowell	Home		Conference		
1/31/2021	UMass-Lowell	Home		Conference		
2/6/2021	Maine		Away		Conference		
2/7/2021	Maine		Away		Conference		
2/18/2021	Binghamton	Home		Conference		
2/19/2021	Binghamton	Home		Conference		
2/27/2021	Hartford	Away		Conference		
2/28/2021	Hartford	Away		Conference		

 

Not even two weeks later....SBU games moved to February 12 & 13, 2021

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

SBU goes on a 2 week pause because of a positive test with someone associated with the team, postponing their next 2 weekends against UMBC and UA.

Not sure how the league rules work this year. Could UMBC and UA use those now open weekends to schedule OOC games?

My understanding is yes.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw a headline on the Times Union site that says Antonio Rizzuto was finally named as the lone captain after six games into the season.  I don't have access to the whole article.  I understand the start of the season was delayed but naming a captain could have been done before Christmas.  Surprised there wasn't the usual 3 or 4, Healy and Lulka come to mind but often injured.  Or the senior, Jo Jo Anderson was a possibility. Of course we have complained over the past few years that the captains seem to be very quiet, never get in anyone's face, or show impressive leadership. Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some say Rizzuto is not a D1 player. They may be right. But IMHO he makes the perfect captain. He gives 110%, 110% of the time; whether he plays 2 minutes or 38 minutes he always stays positive; he only cares about winning; he is fearless and not afraid of getting into the face of any of ANY opponent or teammate. Maybe he does not have Levi Levine's skill level; but like Levi, he is the perfect sole captain. 

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, dslyank said:

Some say Rizzuto is not a D1 player. They may be right. But IMHO he makes the perfect captain. He gives 110%, 110% of the time; whether he plays 2 minutes or 38 minutes he always stays positive; he only cares about winning; he is fearless and not afraid of getting into the face of any of ANY opponent or teammate. Maybe he does not have Levi Levine's skill level; but like Levi, he is the perfect sole captain. 

He is playing like a D1 player this year. He may not be an all-conference player, but he is hard nosed, seems like a great teammate and is a good role model / member of the community. Proud to have him in the program. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the number of games played by the UAlbany MBB and UAlbany WBB; along with today's games the 2020 - 2021 season is no longer in the doubt..... only the outcome of the games are in doubt....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Based on the number of games played by the UAlbany MBB and UAlbany WBB; along with today's games the 2020 - 2021 season is no longer in the doubt..... only the outcome of the games are in doubt....

I don't think the outcomes are that much in doubt either.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, haggyland said:

I don't think the outcomes are that much in doubt either.

Do you have a crystal ball?  .... A connection with someone up above?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...