UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

5 hours ago, Jammaster said:

Unfortunately, this sounds right to me. And considering the professional leagues pay so low, it'll be harder and harder to imagine that top recruits would choose to have Albany on their resume over Virginia, Georgetown, UNC, etc.

The dream schools, in order to reach the final four are: Maryland, Duke, North Carolina, Virginia....other years you could throw in Syracuse, Notre Dame...if the Ivy Conference recovers from their non year of playing perhaps Cornell and Yale......I think John Hopkins is not likely to see the glory days for awhile...the teams of the America East, CAA and Patriot are just onlookers for the moment

9 hours ago, jimbo said:

What's the "old guard" protections you mention? I know they pulled some stuff to get Denver going and they definitely favor the big schools at tourney time. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to LAX so I genuinely do not know. 

Don’t have time or the memory to list all the old guard protections; but here are 2:  acc refuses to expand to 6 teams required for auto qualifier—ncaa says OK but your top team is then counted as an auto; they refuse again; ncaa caves, thus one less at large bid for rest of lax world. Second as leagues realigned guard grudgingly allowed the “possibility of 18 in tournament for a 2 or 3 year period. Had 17 once or twice, never 18 and blocked any expansion since. I could probably come up with more, but do not want to be labeled a conspiracy theorist. 

Ps Georgetown is a Jonny come lately. Not sure why everyone is counting them as “power.”  Only a couple ncaa appearances; far less than UA & even less than UMBC.?

also Hopkins perhaps king of the old guard; pretty much outside looking in now. DIII  non scholarship school has lived for years in DI lax on their REP. Too many good players and too many good lax schools to go to Hopkins and PAY. 

On 5/24/2021 at 10:07 AM, jimbo said:

What's the "old guard" protections you mention? I know they pulled some stuff to get Denver going and they definitely favor the big schools at tourney time. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to LAX so I genuinely do not know. 

2 more old guard protections and really biggies:  Scott Marr with a lot of agreement across the country has been trying for years to get a later start date for the season. Un-official guess 70+% of teams support this. ACC cannot do; it would cause the season to go beyond Memorial weekend and TRADITION dictates. How lame is that. Ncaa again caves to them; even though multiple other sports compete into June. 
Also, as an alternate many northern schools have asked for expanded Fall Ball. ACC strongly against; especially Duke who has some “FAMOUS” pre-season prep program they do no want to change.  They rarely have scrimmages & think others should also not I guess. Think I’m making up this “famous” system. Look it up. Anyhow IMHO blocking enhanced fall ball is just another way of blocking the little guy. 

The issue is money....the ACC schools have money, from alumni, ticket sales, television and a NCAA tradition of winning in any sport in and out of conference then the NCAA Tournament winning tradition .....so if you expect things to change....the America East Conference has to do a lot better....including not losing another conference team for financial reasons.....