UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NJIT TO AMERICA EAST/POSERS TO CAA

There is absolutely NO CURRENT benefit.  In fact, the only thing I'd like to see is a travel partner of some sort for UMBC.  Otherwise, a 9 team league gives you 16 games plus the ability to play 10-12 OOC.  I would prefer to see a DIII ban.  We are going to see a ton of cost cutting in sports, and this will bring the world of the NCAA much closer to the 80's and 90's.  We are blessed to live in an area where 12 hours in many directions can bring on a ton of great DI games.

If the AE grows, i'd much prefer to see it woo back former members or some sort of scheduling merger with the northern CAA.  It would not shock me at all to see this happening.

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

They have three sports (maybe 4) for women.  

Hard pass. 

I don't have a strong opinion either way but their website shows 10 men's teams, 7 womens.

Other than basketball / volleyball I don't know their facilities. Basketball arena  upgraded not that long ago. Baseball used to use the Newark independent ballpark which has been or in the process of being torn down

25 minutes ago, bob87 said:

I don't have a strong opinion either way but their website shows 10 men's teams, 7 womens.

Other than basketball / volleyball I don't know their facilities. Basketball arena  upgraded not that long ago. Baseball used to use the Newark independent ballpark which has been or in the process of being torn down

It's a pretty tiny school from my recollection. I actually rented a dorm across the street from them when I was working a contract IT job in NJ back in summer of 2015. From what I could see, their 'arena' complex and the field next to it were actually decent looking.

According to Google maps 2hrs 29 minutes from SEFCU to their events arena.  From a travel prespective not bad.  It would be the third shortest road trip the teams take in conference.  

Hartford 2 hrs

Bing 2 hrs 12 minutes

NJIT 2 hrs 29 minutes

UVM 2 hrs 58 minutes

UML 2 hrs 59 minutes

SBU 3 hrs 38 minutes

UNH 3 hrs 40 minutes 

UMBC 5 hrs 17 minutes 

Maine 6 hrs 1 minute 

1 hour ago, bob87 said:

But of those 17 sports, two are fencing, two are tennis, one is men’s volleyball and one is swimming, none of which are in AE

Lot of letters. Men volleyball is in EIVA, swimming in CCSA, men fencing in MACFA. 
Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association

Coastal Collegiate Swimming Association 

Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Fencing Association

Tennis was in the ASun

Edited by UAalum72

• bigpurpl changed the title to NJIT TO AMERICA EAST/POSERS TO CAA