UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NJIT TO AMERICA EAST/POSERS TO CAA

15 hours ago, UA1882 said:

I strongly dislike the direction of UA atheltics and the AD. Hopefully he will not be around much longer but our president does not seem to care. He seems to let our AD do his thing. 

I agree 100%. But curious, where the he!! do you think Benson is going?? Doubt if anyone would want him and like you say Rodriquez seems to be hands-off on Athletics???

• Like 1

I've suggested Albany, Maine, UNH and Vermont to the Patriot across multiple forums.  In "normal" times this would be a non-starter......but in these times with big NCAA changes coming.....I think anything is possible.  Listen to Dane96...he knows his stuff.

So what do you guys think of this Patriot League scenario and would any of you consider leaving CAA Football for this set-up if this were a possibility?.....

Patriot League Football:

Maine
UNH
Holy Cross
Albany
Colgate
Fordham
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell
Georgetown

For hoops....

East Division:

Maine
UNH
Vermont
Boston U
Holy Cross
Albany
Colgate

West Division:

Army
Navy
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell
American
Loyola Maryland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Interesting, and I kind of like it with JMU leaving the CAA. 

AE is then dead. UMBC, UML, Bing, and NJIT would need to find new conference affiliations. 

Basketball conference schedule would move to 19 games (12 with a home and home vs your division plus 7 each year with the other division on a rotating home schedule)

In football the only CAA name I'd miss on the schedule is Villanova, but we add Georgetown so we would still have a nice name on a banner.

The SBU rivalry would be gone completely instead of just out of basketball, but im relatively sure that there would be an OOC game every year to keep that up. In fact it would be great for my post in another thread about a 4 team rotating basketball tournament for the 4 SUNY D1's as all 4 schools would now be in different conferences.

I like it Mainejeff. Now go make it happen.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mainejeff said:

I've suggested Albany, Maine, UNH and Vermont to the Patriot across multiple forums.  In "normal" times this would be a non-starter......but in these times with big NCAA changes coming.....I think anything is possible.  Listen to Dane96...he knows his stuff.

So what do you guys think of this Patriot League scenario and would any of you consider leaving CAA Football for this set-up if this were a possibility?.....

Patriot League Football:

Maine
UNH
Holy Cross
Albany
Colgate
Fordham
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell
Georgetown

For hoops....

East Division:

Maine
UNH
Vermont
Boston U
Holy Cross
Albany
Colgate

West Division:

Army
Navy
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell
American
Loyola Maryland

Best thing written on this topic...very practical ....I do see UM Lowell and Binghamton fitting in the Patriot mix...see cost savings in travel.... however: what is Mark Benson thinking...he is not from the northeast...has a tendency to think big not practical.... as I said earlier all the America East AD's must be experiencing high anxiety...