Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2022


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Beagle's stats from over the first 2 games :

26 & 15 and 25 & 13 in his last 2—both wins—shooting over 70% from the floor/90% FT/ 100% from 3.

This guy should be a very good one. We would be great to get 2 more like this. 

Looks like he really sniffs out the ball 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 8:08 AM, UA1882 said:

Beagle's stats from over the first 2 games :

26 & 15 and 25 & 13 in his last 2—both wins—shooting over 70% from the floor/90% FT/ 100% from 3.

This guy should be a very good one. We would be great to get 2 more like this. 

This guy is a monster.... seriously can't believe they got him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to be a naysayer, but what has the competition looked like that he played against?

To temper expectations a bit:

Mitch Doherty averaged 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists as a senior against top level New England competition and was hyped when he came here over several A10 offers.

Joe Cremo's senior year of high school stat averages were 28.3 points, 11.5 rebounds, 4.2 assists, and 3.8 steals a game. 

Don't take this the wrong way, as Cremo absolutely was a monster for UA, and if this kid brings us even close to what Joe did we'd all be very happy. It just feels like the posters here expect Beagle to be Lamb and Warney combined. Setting expectations too high can put undo pressure on a college freshman. 

Im excited to see him in purple and gold, and hope he exceeds all expectations!

 

Edited by godanesgo99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Not to be a naysayer, but what has the competition looked like that he played against?

To temper expectations a bit:

Mitch Doherty averaged 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists as a senior against top level New England competition and was hyped when he came here over several A10 offers.

Joe Cremo's senior year of high school stat averages were 28.3 points, 11.5 rebounds, 4.2 assists, and 3.8 steals a game. 

Don't take this the wrong way, as Cremo absolutely was a monster for UA, and if this kid brings us even close to what Joe did we'd all be very happy. It just feels like the posters here expect Beagle to be Lamb and Warney combined. Setting expectations too high can put undo pressure on a college freshman. 

Im excited to see him in purple and gold, and hope he exceeds all expectations!

 

I concur with godanesgo99 ... however; I have had a concern that teams from the ACC or BIG10 Conferences will wake up and attempt to "steal" prior to him entering his freshman or secure him via portal.... keeping my fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I concur with godanesgo99 ... however; I have had a concern that teams from the ACC or BIG10 Conferences will wake up and attempt to "steal" prior to him entering his freshman or secure him via portal.... keeping my fingers crossed.

How is this kid on D? Does he really hound the opposing players? Sure.  It seems like he can score but does he get back with dogged determination?

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

How is this kid on D? Does he really hound the opposing players? Sure.  It seems like he can score but does he get back with dogged determination?

I don't care if he plays any defense.  Right now we just need 1 person who puts the ball in the basket.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like some of the players and schools these guys are going too...DK is swinging much higher than Brown was.

UAlbany Men's Roster 2022-2023					
					
Name			Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Trey Hutcheson		PF		6'5"	195	Jr.		Returning
Tairi Ketner		PF		6'7"	263	So.		Returning
Jonathan Beagle		PF		6'9"	220	Fr.		Incoming
Justin Neely		SF		6'5"	205	So.		Returning
Aaron Reddish		SF		6'7"	185	So.		Returning
Jamel Horton		SG		6'4"	190	Sr. (JUCO)	Returning
Gerarld Drumgoole, Jr	SG		6'5"	200	Jr.		Returning
Sam Shafer		SG		6'6"	190	RJr.		Returning
Ny'Mire Little		SG		6'4"	203	So.		Returning
Luke Fizulich		SG		6'2"	190	So.		Returning
Will Amica		PG		6'0"	160	So.		Returning
Free Scholarship					
Free Scholarship					
					
					
Possible Signings	Position	Height	Weight	Year	Status
Jonathan Beagle		PF		6'9"	220	Fr.	Committed
Charlie Randall		C		7'0"	195	Fr.	Offered
Danny Wolf		PF		6'10"	220	Fr.	Offered
Thomas Haugh		PF		6'9"	200	Fr.	Offered
Amarri Tice		SF		6'5"	205	Fr.	Offered
Brendan Coyle		SF		6'6"	200	Fr.	Offered
Jeffrey Brazziel	SF		6'5"	170	Fr.	Offered
Gavin Walsh		SF		6'7"	205	Fr.	Offered
Marcus Jackson		SG		6'3"	180	Fr.	Offered
=======================================================================================
Matt Filipowski		C		6'10"	215	Fr.	Harvard
Andrew Akuchie		PF		6'8"	195	Fr.	Rice
Gabe Moss		PF		6'8"	210	Fr.	Delaware
Dominick Campbell	PF		6'8"	235	Fr.	Notre Dame
Barry Evans		SF		6'7"	198	Fr.	St. Bonaventure
Michael Rogan		SF		6'7"	195	Fr.	Fairfield
A.J. Lesburt		SG		6'5"	190	Fr.	Brown
Khalil Farmer		SG		6'3"	180	Fr.	Hofstra
Jameel Brown		SG		6'4"	170	Fr.	Penn State
Daniel Skillings	SG		6'6"	TBD	Fr.	Cincinatti
Brenden Moss		SG		6'5"	TBD	Fr.	Kent State
Shane Lancaster		SG		6'4"	190	Fr.	Niagara
Jamar Franklin		PG		6'2"	165	Fr.	South Alabama
Justin Moore		PG		6'1"	160	Fr.	Drexel
Tyrese Elliott		PG		6'2"	171	Fr.	North Carolina A&T


Possible Departures	Reason				
	

Departures	Reason				
Paul Newman	Graduated				
De'Vondre Perry	Graduated				
Matt Cerruti	Graduated				
Chuck Champion	Graduated				
Jarvis Doles	Graduated					

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

No matter the outcome .... recruitment and recruitment retention is the going to be important.... I have not seen any comments on Jonathan Beagle in a while.... Is he still in our camp? .... can he be legally lured away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...