Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2022


Recommended Posts

Sources: Memphis transfer Earl Timberlake has committed to Bryant.

I only post this because the Bryant coach I obviously a recruiter.  Something Killings was brought in to do. 

Hopefully Killings is on the trail hard because Bryant right now will kick us in the teeth. 

I openly admitted to never seeing our D3 commit , Da'Kquan play. However I have seen Timberlake play several times.  He can be a little erratic but will dominate our league if he gets he head on straight even a little.   

Edited by UA1882
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

Sources: Memphis transfer Earl Timberlake has committed to Bryant.

I only post this because the Bryant coach I obviously a recruiter.  Something Killings was brought in to do. 

Hopefully Killings is on the trail hard because Bryant right now will kick us in the teeth. 

I openly admitted to never seeing our D3 commit , Da'Kquan play. However I have seen Timberlake play several times.  He can be a little erratic but will dominate our league if he gets he head on straight even a little.   

Earl Timberlake has been a flat out bust since his TOP 35 HS recruit days.  He will do well in this league but no better than guys we have had in this league before.  In short, he's a mental and injury reclamation project.  Hope he does well because that means the league will be forced to continue to grow.

This signing is literally the most overblown signing I have seen in years.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Earl Timberlake has been a flat out bust since his TOP 35 HS recruit days.  He will do well in this league but no better than guys we have had in this league before.  In short, he's a mental and injury reclamation project.  Hope he does well because that means the league will be forced to continue to grow.

This signing is literally the most overblown signing I have seen in years.   

I guess we will see.  I'll mark this and see what happens after the season.  Davis dominated our league last year. (He is not the same player of course but has a chance to dominate like him) I believe he will average at least 15 a game for a good Bryant team (as a sophomore).  He has a chance to be an all league player for 3 years. I would take that all day.

Edited by UA1882
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I guess we will see.  I'll mark this and see what happens after the season.  Davis dominated our league last year. (He is not the same player of course but has a chance to dominate like him) I believe he will average at least 15 a game for a good Bryant team (as a sophomore).  He has a chance to be an all league player for 3 years. I would take that all day.

I would agree with the 15 a game.  He will be no different than a pre injury Perry.  My point is this is not a world neater based on his last two seasons. That’s all i mean.  He has the capital P dripping from his talents.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick look at verbal commits shows a ton of 2023 recruits being added. The list there is getting long.

Anyone have any new info on the 2022 recruiting? Commits are starting to happen all over.  Any official or unofficial visits? Anything to get excited over?

With Beagle and Davis taking 2 slots and Ketner rumored to have received a scholarship, there are still a few spots left:

Scholarships definite to fill: Cerutti, Champion, Perry, Newman

In the Portal, but could return: Horton and Doles

Outgoing Walk-on: Fizulich, Ketner (rumored Scholarship)

Incoming Scholarship players: Beagle, Davis, Ketner

Incoming Walk-ons: Jackson

This means the team has at minimum 1 scholarship to award if Doles and or Horton stays, and could be 3 if the both move on, unless I am missing something. 

I think that as of now, Davis is the only scholarship that is definitely opening for 2023, With everyone else on the team only being sophomores and freshman right now eligibility wise thanks to COVID extensions, so it's interesting that the 2023 list is starting to look like Bryant's, but the 2022 list seems to have no real movement.

Edited by godanesgo99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Do we call it a win for Josh Pelletier?     

No.  Doles served a purpose but I hope we can do much better in the portal. Doles was very soft. I mean that will no disrespect. Everything he did was going away from the basket. He was a below average shooter. I wish him the best. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

No.  Doles served a purpose but I hope we can do much better in the portal. Doles was very soft. I mean that will no disrespect. Everything he did was going away from the basket. He was a below average shooter. I wish him the best. 

Except when he was hot, he was FIRE when shooting. I always liked watching him play, just always cringed when I saw him fading away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, UA1882 said:

No.  Doles served a purpose but I hope we can do much better in the portal. Doles was very soft. I mean that will no disrespect. Everything he did was going away from the basket. He was a below average shooter. I wish him the best. 

Big guys who can shoot from outside are an asset and I'm sorry to see him leave. He pretty much single-handedly won the game @Bing this year and spared us the humiliation of being swept by the Bearcats.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I absolutely agree that he played very well at Binghamton but I'm sorry he can't shoot(At least not last year). He shot 38 percent overall and 31 percent from 3. Those numbers are very very poor for a 5th year senior playing the 4 position.  He averaged 3.8 rebounds a game in 21 minutes.  Again not very good at all.  

We should be able to find someone better then that and hopefully with more eligibility.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, UA1882 said:

No.  Doles served a purpose but I hope we can do much better in the portal. Doles was very soft. I mean that will no disrespect. Everything he did was going away from the basket. He was a below average shooter. I wish him the best. 

I like to see how he does this upcoming year .... can he be coach in changing his style and approach to basketball ... I wonder if our staff tried to assist in changing his approach to the game .... was he just unhappy here....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...