UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2022

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I like to see how he does this upcoming year .... can he be coach in changing his style and approach to basketball ... I wonder if our staff tried to assist in changing his approach to the game .... was he just unhappy here....

Or maybe he just got sick of snow, misses home, loves good 🦀 or a million other reasons. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, cwdickens said:

Whatever the reason ..... joins the ever growing list of players who left with eligibility .....

Always amused by this type of commentary...nary a concern in years past. Here is a quick walk down memory lane for those who don't understand that this IS the nature of D1 hoops now...kids leave. Here are some recent early departures. 

2020 - Healy, DeSousa, French, Doherty

2019 - Flory, Brooks

2018 - Cremo, Nichols, Conway, Cochrain

2017 - Grayson, Lands, Martin-Garcia

2016 - Andrews, Peters, 

On and on and on...

3 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Always amused by this type of commentary...nary a concern in years past. Here is a quick walk down memory lane for those who don't understand that this IS the nature of D1 hoops now...kids leave. Here are some recent early departures. 

2020 - Healy, DeSousa, French, Doherty

2019 - Flory, Brooks

2018 - Cremo, Nichols, Conway, Cochrain

2017 - Grayson, Lands, Martin-Garcia

2016 - Andrews, Peters, 

On and on and on...

Saying something does make it true .... depending on who is departing drives the level of concern .....

From Twitter:

Cornell transfer guard Sarju Patel (

) has now heard from Canisius, Chattanooga, Niagara, UIC, & Furman in the last week. 10+ other programs have contacted. Patel's stats in Ivy play were 22 MPG, 10.1 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 52% from the field, and 43% from three.

Patel has heard from The Citadel, Siena, and UAlbany this week. Will have an in-home visit with UAlbany soon. Chattanooga also is in the mix.

7 hours ago, Dane96 said:

I’ve watched him play, multiple times. Solid guard, all NEC rookie team.   

On paper (which I know the games are not played ), he is not a bad player.  It's a bad signing.  

Unless Amica, listed at 6'0, is hurt this is a bad signing.  Reports were he was our best player in the fall last year.  

Now you have LISTED, 5'10 Edmean. 6'0 Amica. And 6'0 Davis (who I'm sure did not come here for a year to sit the bench.) 

All small point guards who really can't play together.  I know Amica is hurt a lot but if we can get lucky and he plays I would expect him to play 25-30 mins a game and have a real Impact.  Does not leave much for 2 guys. Seems very much like a waste. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UA1882 said:

On paper (which I know the games are not played ), he is not a bad player.  It's a bad signing.  

Unless Amica, listed at 6'0, is hurt this is a bad signing.  Reports were he was our best player in the fall last year.  

Now you have LISTED, 5'10 Edmean. 6'0 Amica. And 6'0 Davis (who I'm sure did not come here for a year to sit the bench.) 

All small point guards who really can't play together.  I know Amica is hurt a lot but if we can get lucky and he plays I would expect him to play 25-30 mins a game and have a real Impact.  Does not leave much for 2 guys. Seems very much like a waste. 

When has adding depth to the PG position ever been a waste? To think Amica is capable of playing 25-30 min a game is a bit absurd.

• Like 1

I assume this signing means Horton is definitely going elsewhere. If he can score and handle the press, I'm all for it. Having multiple guys that can handle the ball is great with Amica's injury history. 

This team needs a shooter with Horton and Cerutti gone or it's going to be another long season. At the moment we are stacked at the point with Davis (Sr.), Little (So), Amica (So), and now Edmead (So), but we are still thin up front. Hopefully we can get a serviceable big at 6'10" or bigger. I know that's a pipe dream at this level, but I don't see us competing with UVM and Bryant next season without one. 

Assuming Ketner gets a scholarship and Horton is in fact gone, then there are 2 scholarships left. Would love to see a real big for the 4/5 and a pure shooter for the 2/3. 

Anyone know the status on Drumgoole and Schafer? Either of them could fill the shooter/scorer role if healthy and they play to what their original expectations were...

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

When has adding depth to the PG position ever been a waste? To think Amica is capable of playing 25-30 min a game is a bit absurd.

Agree with 1882; would rather have spent the schollie on a Big or a Pure 3point shooter

4 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Davis isnt a pg imho, as a primary role.  He’s more of a combo.  That said, what do any of us know.  We will find out if DK has a plan or does not.   Time will tell.