UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Updated Logo???

alexfamous

I kind of like it. I was in some meetings for a D-3 sports rebrand, and the priority these days is a mascot that is intimidating/fierce, so this is timely. And the font feels playfully 1980's futuristic, which kind of offsets the angry dog. I mostly dig it. And the state image is great for those who wonder where Albany is. Plus, the star reminds them that we're the capitol of one of the country's biggest states.

ND {New Dog} OK with me; now that I got a good look at the total lay-out. Still think some fan/community involvement would have been warranted. 

May be they will hold a NAMING contest and let us participate. Certainly cannot call him "Scooby" any longer and ND IMHO does not look like a Damien??

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

Just now, dslyank said:

ND {New Dog} OK with me; now that I got a good look at the total lay-out. Still think some fan/community involvement would have been warranted. 

May be they will hold a NAMING contest and let us participate. Certainly cannot call him "Scobbie" any longer and ND IMHO does not look like a Damien??

I think it's still Damien based on the plans. 

4 minutes ago, Eli said:

The more I stare at the logo and work with it the more it grows on me. Maybe isn't as bad as I hooted and hollered at this morning. Maybe the gray is what kills it?

The gray has JMU vibes. Honestly I'm a big fan of the new logo (except for the full body version)

faeb46e0f4be8e79fa2af8e5afc66658.png

Edited by madDOG

Yeah it needs fine tuning (I tried to make it darker but it blended with the logo too much - may need a yellow outline around the border) but DP usually downloads the top one which has a transparent background. 

Edited by Eli