Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

National Rum Day, Sunday, August 16, 2020


Recommended Posts

I was reminded by the Cooperstown Distillery, that today is National Run Day.  I must say their Samuel Smith Boatyard Rum is a particularly fine rum.  Great over ice or in a Dark and Stormy.  Eases the pain of reading some of my follow bloggers comments.  Laughing out loud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I was reminded by the Cooperstown Distillery, that today is National Run Day.  I must say their Samuel Smith Boatyard Rum is a particularly fine rum.  Great over ice or in a Dark and Stormy.  Eases the pain of reading some of my follow bloggers comments.  Laughing out loud.

I hope I’m not driving you to drink!

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I hope I’m not driving you to drink!

In the words of Margo Price "When this virus is over, I still want some of y'all to stay away from me."

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cwdickens said:

In the words of Margo Price "When this virus is over, I still want some of y'all to stay away from me."

We are cyberspace distanced. And the only unflavored rum I’ve had that I truly like is Goslings. To me, most rum tastes like I’d expect lighter fluid to taste. But I like very smoky Islay Scotch so what the hell do I know? I didn’t know who Margo Price was....I do now. 

Edited by jimbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo said:

We are cyberspace distanced. And the only unflavored rum I’ve had that I truly like is Goslings. To me, most rum tastes like I’d expect lighter fluid to taste. But I like very smoky Islay Scotch so what the hell do I know? I didn’t know who Margo Price was....I do now. 

Margo Price is WONDERFUL.  You should check out Amanda Shires if that's your jam.  Also, the Highwomen. Awesome stuff.  Jimbo, so you're the guy who can drink the Laphroig at my house that I never touch.  Too much peat.   I'm more of a speyside/japanese whiskey guy myself.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jimbo said:

We are cyberspace distanced. And the only unflavored rum I’ve had that I truly like is Goslings. To me, most rum tastes like I’d expect lighter fluid to taste. But I like very smoky Islay Scotch so what the hell do I know? I didn’t know who Margo Price was....I do now. 

While we are sharing our love for smokey whiskys, my favorites are The Glenlivet 12 year old Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Bushmills 10 year old Single Malt Irish Whisky... honoring both my Scot and Irish ancestry.  Lastly....you made this 66+ plus smile when you stated that you did not know who Margo Price is.... so I now know you do not tune in Sirius Channel 60 (Outlaw Country)...or seen her perform on Saturday Night Live (2 plus ago) or CBS Saturday Morning Music Segments(Spring 2020) .... as Dallas Wayne said last week, "Margo is one of the most genuine people in the music business....while most people think she came on the scene recently... she was working hard and long to reach the position she has obtained."  By the way she has performed in Albany at the Palace ... opening act for the late great John Prine (February 2018).... please do not ask me who John Prine is...he is considered one of America's greatest song writers...right up there with Guy Clark...if there is a heaven... what a song festival with those two

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

While we are sharing our love for smokey whiskys, my favorites are The Glenlivet 12 year old Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Bushmills 10 year old Single Malt Irish Whisky... honoring both my Scot and Irish ancestry.  Lastly....you made this 66+ plus smile when you stated that you did not know who Margo Price is.... so I now know you do not tune in Sirius Channel 60 (Outlaw Country)...or seen her perform on Saturday Night Live (2 plus ago) or CBS Saturday Morning Music Segments(Spring 2020) .... as Dallas Wayne said last week, "Margo is one of the most genuine people in the music business....while most people think she came on the scene recently... she was working hard and long to reach the position she has obtained."  By the way she has performed in Albany at the Palace ... opening act for the late great John Prine (February 2018).... please do not ask me who John Prine is...he is considered one of America's greatest song writers...right up there with Guy Clark...if there is a heaven... what a song festival with those two

Huge Prine fan.  I actually saw Margo perform while about 8 months pregnant a full rock n roll version of her set in a tiny club in LA.  Was wonderful. 

 

And my favorite thing about Outlaw 60 is that Hillbilly Jim has a very cool Saturday afternoon show...and his social awareness is pretty surprising.  Yes.  that Hillbilly Jim of WWF/WWE fame. 

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Margo Price is WONDERFUL.  You should check out Amanda Shires if that's your jam.  Also, the Highwomen. Awesome stuff.  Jimbo, so you're the guy who can drink the Laphroig at my house that I never touch.  Too much peat.   I'm more of a speyside/japanese whiskey guy myself.

My wife introduced me to Highwomen....among many other's ....so I am familiar with Amanda Shires....Brandi Carlile just produced the newly released CD for Secret Sisters....another wife's favorite .... saw at Darryl's Place in Pawling NY

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Margo Price is WONDERFUL.  You should check out Amanda Shires if that's your jam.  Also, the Highwomen. Awesome stuff.  Jimbo, so you're the guy who can drink the Laphroig at my house that I never touch.  Too much peat.   I'm more of a speyside/japanese whiskey guy myself.

I will check her out. My daughter tried some of my Laphroig once and said, and  I quote “dad, it tastes like I licked a log in the fireplace. “ Accurate. I think it’s a little too smoky for me too. If you like bourbon, try Mackenzie from Seneca Distillery out in the Finger Lakes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jimbo said:

I will check her out. My daughter tried some of my Laphroig once and said, and  I quote “dad, it tastes like I licked a log in the fireplace. “ Accurate. I think it’s a little too smoky for me too. If you like bourbon, try Mackenzie from Seneca Distillery out in the Finger Lakes. 

I know the place well... family wedding in Watkins Glen last fall ... toured some wineries and Seneca Distillery ....Mackenzie is now a must in the house...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cwdickens said:

While we are sharing our love for smokey whiskys, my favorites are The Glenlivet 12 year old Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Bushmills 10 year old Single Malt Irish Whisky... honoring both my Scot and Irish ancestry.  Lastly....you made this 66+ plus smile when you stated that you did not know who Margo Price is.... so I now know you do not tune in Sirius Channel 60 (Outlaw Country)...or seen her perform on Saturday Night Live (2 plus ago) or CBS Saturday Morning Music Segments(Spring 2020) .... as Dallas Wayne said last week, "Margo is one of the most genuine people in the music business....while most people think she came on the scene recently... she was working hard and long to reach the position she has obtained."  By the way she has performed in Albany at the Palace ... opening act for the late great John Prine (February 2018).... please do not ask me who John Prine is...he is considered one of America's greatest song writers...right up there with Guy Clark...if there is a heaven... what a song festival with those two

No, I didn’t see her on SNL, but checked out some YouTube of her and I like it. I’m not much of a modern country music fan, but the ones that are offbeat or outlaw are fine. My 67+ life has crossed paths with John Prine. “Dear Abby” was probably the first thing I recall. We used to have Sirius but dumped it...the dumping was not easy, let me tell you. Had to threaten legal action before they agreed to drop us. I’ve had a recent falling in with Jamisons but not yet to the Bushmill side. In Ireland they told us that Jamison was the Catholic whiskey and Bushmill the Protestant...not sure if that’s true. And I do love Guinness and over here it tastes nothing like in Dublin. And they always have the right glass for the local stout...simply amazing. 

Edited by jimbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, NARIDOLL75 said:

..so I am familiar with Amanda Shires....Brandi Carlile just produced the newly released CD for Secret Sisters....another wife's favorite .... saw at Darryl's Place in Pawling NY

You and I had the same enjoyable experience...we were up close and personable....what a way to spend a May evening back in 2017...Amanda Shires ... Brandi Carlile along with Jason Isabel are the hot topic in our home...hoping Secret Sisters show up in the Albany area in 2021...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...