UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #4: 1/2/21 - 6:00PM @ Vermont

Eli

We looked like we had more of an identity as the game went on. Roles became clearer, etc.

I thought Doles was really a difference maker as well. He hit some nice midrange shots and is a nice combo with Taylor.

Kellon Taylor is just straight-up alpha. There's no other way to say it. I'd like to see hit catch it in the post a little more.

Hoping Jojo Anderson comes around. He's a good player but in trying to be aggressive he's taking some bad shots and launching threes way too early in the shot clock. He's too smart of a player for that.

Chuck Champion looked a little more like the guy I'd hoped for.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Injuries kept couple of those players out of the game....

I guess. Still, 56 of 63 points came from new players. That’s pretty remarkable. The team needs some time at the charity stripe in practice. WB must be having nightmares over missed FTs. 

• Like 2

I know there have been a lot of naysayers so far this season, but I do think we need to reserve judgement. Team is missing an all-conference guard, a big that was expected to play a lot of minutes, and is still learning each other.

The glaring stat right now is how well they have controlled the ball. Shot selection may be off, there isn't enough movement, but they aren't turning it over. If they can keep that up they will have a chance to beat anyone. 

The biggest issue so far has been another poor start to defending the 3. I'm not sure what it is, but opponents always seem to shoot well against us.. 

Edited by godanesgo99

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Healy is still having problems with his obliques (back)

Thanks did not know. Also don’t have access to the TU articles so not sure where to get updates. Are they filling games with out of conference teams for next weekend since SB is postponed?

47 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Thanks did not know. Also don’t have access to the TU articles so not sure where to get updates. Are they filling games with out of conference teams for next weekend since SB is postponed?

Download the duckduckgo browser and use that for TU and Gazette articles. You can burn your browsing history completely so can reset your article read count. 

14 hours ago, jimbo said:

Still, 56 of 63 points came from new players.

I understand Healy and Luka are injured and may be for a while. But what the heck is the matter with Hutch. Showed a lot  of promise last year {a little inconsistent @ times, but for a freshman, I really thought we had something may be even a star in the making??} Shafer reported as the "BEST" player in practice. Is it nerves, he like Hutch seems totally lost when on the floor. And JoJo played only 8 minutes yesterday. Counting Healy & Luka that is what many predicted could be UA's starting five this year???????  Also, for a team that has only played 4 games, WHY are we SO beat up. Brown must be killing (just kidding) these guys in practice.

Anyhow, looking for thoughts and opinions:  Will any of the 2019-2020 roster come around?? Or is what we saw yesterday all there is???

6 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I understand Healy and Luka are injured and may be for a while. But what the heck is the matter with Hutch. Showed a lot  of promise last year {a little inconsistent @ times, but for a freshman, I really thought we had something may be even a star in the making??} Shafer reported as the "BEST" player in practice. Is it nerves, he like Hutch seems totally lost when on the floor. And JoJo played only 8 minutes yesterday. Counting Healy & Luka that is what many predicted could be UA's starting five this year???????  Also, for a team that has only played 4 games, WHY are we SO beat up. Brown must be killing (just kidding) these guys in practice.

Anyhow, looking for thoughts and opinions:  Will any of the 2019-2020 roster come around?? Or is what we saw yesterday all there is???

I agree, Hutch and Shafer are heading for the end of the pine at this rate.  Are the newbies just quicker and faster and more athletic than them?  Obviously.  And as for Healy and Lulka, I wish nothing but the best for them to recover quickly but "injured" has become their middle name over the past year.  Can't help the team and certainly may losing PT if they do return while others may rise to the top of the rotation.