UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #7: 1/16/21 - 5:00PM vs NJIT

Eli

22 minutes ago, jimbo said:

After seeing a picture of UA players kneeling during the National Anthem, my interest in UA basketball has gone from low to zero. Glad I saw it before sending in my GDAC money. 

Last year I was 100 percent with you . I really really was. And I 100 percent agree everyone should stand.  But at this point the moral compass of this country has gone sideways.  We are soft, take offense to everything,  want something for nothing, don't care about consequences, on both sides... 

How is it ok to take over a city or a police station?.... (never heard anything really negative about that) both sides are wrong .... 

I will also not be sending anything more . But I'm glad the coaching staff all stood. Young adults are impressionable.  I give them a little pass. I will continue to support the team as long as the coaching staff stands.  However I will be donating the minimum . 

As for the game , the team played better . NJIT looks to be a poor defensive team . Our defense is pretty terrible too . However I hope this is the start to better play . Get Healy back into the mix and start to win some games.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, jimbo said:

After seeing a picture of UA players kneeling during the National Anthem, my interest in UA basketball has gone from low to zero. Glad I saw it before sending in my GDAC money. 

I did not see the beginning of the game and missed the kneeling. The entire AmEast is having a Martin Luther King tribute weekend. I wonder if the kneeling was in tribute to King or has it been a regular occurrence at UA {I have not seen it previously?}

Speaking of GDAC, I did make my regular basketball donation this week. Received emails from both Gattuso and Will Brown this week; advertising team gear sales and of course asking for donations. I had made football gdac long ago; but decided to add-in my basketball gdac now. I did not support the "sellout" program, felt it really was a sellout to season ticket holders and long time donors. But after getting assurances that even though the ticket portal and hence "my account" is still LOCKED, all money donated will be properly applied and credited.

ps.  the donation was handled through UA FOUNDATION and NOT gdac {which I have said for years is how it should be.}

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

So... Players utilizing their first amendment right to show support for the oppressed people of the country over Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend makes you decide to go stop supporting the team and being part of the GDAC program? You know that kneeling is a sign of respect right?

Go Bing yourself. The team doesn't want or need your support anyway. 

Wish this site didn't autocorrect that word to Bing. It reads GO  F - U - C - K   YOURSELF.  You are probably a Trump supporter that thinks it's perfect acceptable to storm the capital though. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

So... Players utilizing their first amendment right to show support for the oppressed people of the country over Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend makes you decide to go stop supporting the team and being part of the GDAC program? You know that kneeling is a sign of respect right?

Go Bing yourself. The team doesn't want or need your support anyway. 

Don't wanna take away from the game but....

Isn't it funny with someone has a different view then someone else .. you get a post like this... this is exactly what my last post was about. He is just saying he doesn't support it . Nothing wrong with that.  Its an Opinion. Right or wrong.  

I say do what you want. But respect the other side.  You wanna kneel great.  It my right not to support it . And vice versa.  If you like the kneeling give more !!!!

But posts like this is the problem with this country.  Its saying "IF YOU DONT LIKE MY POINT OF VIEW, GET OUT" 

That's wrong . 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah that was a completely ridiculous response even if you disagree with something said. Way over the line. That's something I'd expect a millennial barista at Fivebucks (I believe it's also called Starbucks) to say when their feelings are hurt...not a middle aged man, father and member of the community. 

We gotta be better. Everyone has got to be better. 

Edited by Eli

14 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Wish this site didn't autocorrect that word to Bing. It reads GO  F - U - C - K   YOURSELF.  You are probably a Trump supporter that thinks it's perfect acceptable to storm the capital though. 

Another terrible terrible reaction.  I don't name call or put people down but again wrong . He never said that.  U just thought that.  WRONG! 

I could say u must support burning police stations and taking over cities... but I believe you don't (most responsible people dont) . 

Just don't put words in people's mouth and excalate the situation.  That's the problem today.  Disagree with someone and do something about it . But don't spread things that may not be true please. 

Our great military members fought and died for our rights to to speak up and be heard. They deserve all the respect in the world. Kneeling is a sign of respect. If the players were disrespectful and made poor hand gestures to the flag, then I would agree. Punish them for it. Don't donate. Whatever you want. Kneeling is the respectful way to show your feelings. 

Never did I say if you don't like it, get out. You are free to say your feelings. Freedom of speech only protects you from government restrictions, it doesn't protect you from private actions. Make whatever choice you want, but I'm pretty positive that the team cares very little about if you make your GDAC contribution or not because they decided to respectfully show their support for the oppressed people on MLK weekend. 

Jimbo, Please PM me proof of what your GDAC donation was in 2020 last year, and I'll add that amount to mine this year.

Edited by godanesgo99

4 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Another terrible terrible reaction.  I don't name call or put people down but again wrong . He never said that.  U just thought that.  WRONG! 

I could say u must support burning police stations and taking over cities... but I believe you don't (most responsible people dont) . 

Just don't put words in people's mouth and excalate the situation.  That's the problem today.  Disagree with someone and do something about it . But don't spread things that may not be true please. 

Yes, it was an emotional leap for me to suggest he supported the storming of the capital. I apologise for that. That said, the people that did that are also the people that complain about kneeling. 

Supporting kneeling or BLM definitely does not mean supporting any violent protests, even if 93%+ of all protests did not include any violence, some wackos did go crazy. That should be condemned as well.

For the record, I am not left wing, I didn't vote for or support Biden. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Our great military members fought and died for our rights to to speak up and be heard. They deserve all the respect in the world. Kneeling is a sign of respect. If the players were disrespectful and made poor hand gestures to the flag, then I would agree. Punish them for it. Don't donate. Whatever you want. Kneeling is the respectful way to show your feelings. 

Never did I say if you don't like it, get out. You are free to say your feelings. Freedom of speech only protects you from government restrictions, it doesn't protect you from private actions. Make whatever choice you want, but I'm pretty positive that the team cares very little about if you make your GDAC contribution or not because they decided to respectfully show their support for the oppressed people on MLK weekend. 

Jimbo, Please PM me proof of what your GDAC donation was in 2020 last year, and I'll that amount to mine this year.

No one is saying you couldn't tell Jimbo, "Sorry, but I disagree whole heartedly and you're wrong in my opinion to do that." But to say, "Go **** yourself, you Trumpy, blah blah blah"...that's just idiotic. What does Trump have to do with it?

I voted for Trump twice (although my approval of him is at around 50-60% and I think he's far from a great role model - just the lesser of two evils), am okay with kneeling but also think Democrats have been insane for many years and are very hypocritical but I don't go around telling people to go **** themselves.

You need to log off for a few hours, days or weeks if you are that easily triggered by someone saying they don't support athletes kneeling (which is their choice!).

As I said, we all gotta do better and be better. Our thoughts included.

Edited by Eli

5 minutes ago, Eli said:

No one is saying you couldn't tell Jimbo, "Sorry, but I disagree whole heartedly and you're wrong in my opinion to do that." But to say, "Go **** yourself, you Trumpy, blah blah blah"...that's just idiotic. What does Trump have to do with it?

I voted for Trump twice (although my approval of him is at around 50-60% and I think he's far from a great role model - just the lesser of two evils), am okay with kneeling but also think Democrats have been insane for many years and are very hypocritical but I don't go around telling people to go **** themselves.

You need to log off for a few hours, days or weeks if you are that easily triggered by someone saying they don't support athletes kneeling (which is their choice!).

I'm not triggered. I'm not a democrat or a snowflake. I am passionate about supporting UA and our student athletes. If I was triggered by anything it was that someone would publicly state that they would cease to support the school and program because our players used their first amendment rights on MLK weekend. 

I've already apologized for making the leap to assuming the support of the storming of the capital and armed violent protests supposedly happening today and Wednesday. That was wrong. 

For the record, I haven't seen the photo that the comment was made over. I have no clue if it even exists.

Let's hope for a good game and a W today.

Edited by godanesgo99

9 hours ago, Eli said:

with Miami Heat playing and the NFL going on. I'm so disinterested right now, don't know if it's cause of COVID and lack of in person attendance but man...

Really? You're a Miami Heat fan and it's the Danes that are making you disinterested? 😀

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Yes, it was an emotional leap for me to suggest he supported the storming of the capital. I apologise for that. That said, the people that did that are also the people that complain about kneeling. 

Supporting kneeling or BLM definitely does not mean supporting any violent protests, even if 93%+ of all protests did not include any violence, some wackos did go crazy. That should be condemned as well.

For the record, I am not left wing, I didn't vote for or support Biden. 

With the greatest of restraint, I'll say this:  The people who were most at odds with the kneeling seem to the ones who claim censorship most at this juncture. 

My biggest frustration about all of this is that regardless of what side you are on, politics used to be "The Art of the Compromise" but now its "agree with me or I'll take my ball and go home."  A lot of this has to do with the blurred lines between church and state, and social ideology intermingling with political action (history lesson available upon request).  

All I see right now is a country completely brought to its knees by polarization, lack of true willingness to debate and the politicalization of EVERY little fricking thing.  I miss the halcyon days of Coke Vs. Pepsi, not Mask vs. No Mask or Vaccine vs. No Vaccine  Enough already.   Common sense needs to trump (no pun intended) individual liberty and we ALL need to get our collective heads out of our collective asses.

That being said, did Healy's 3pt streak come to an end last night?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1