UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #7: 1/16/21 - 5:00PM vs NJIT

Eli

So, we grab a win, score a bunch of points and I come here to find a political fire. It's going to be a long friggin winter.

I have to admit, after watching a mob of people smash the windows of the Capital and, among other things, literally take a dump inside, I find kneeling for the anthem quaint after that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

139780477_129593398996233_3948124010717407524_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=S8shWuKCB-YAX8AqSkz&tp=1&oh=f67f077e2d3dd4f77337a600a20e5f30&oe=602EE82B

pistolpetey_'s profile picture
Liked by pistolpetey_ and128 others
ualbany_mbb Congratulations to Coach Brown on his 400th Career Win. 🚨
roblongert Congrats Coach!! And thank you for all you’ve done to build an incredible program for UA!

clhutcheson Congratulations Coach Brown!

I would like to express my support to those players who chose to take a knee, an expression of concern is NO reason to withhold financial support or our emotional support for our team.  
Edited by cwdickens
spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

So... Players utilizing their first amendment right to show support for the oppressed people of the country over Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend makes you decide to go stop supporting the team and being part of the GDAC program? You know that kneeling is a sign of respect right?

Go Bing yourself. The team doesn't want or need your support anyway. 

Wish this site didn't autocorrect that word to Bing. It reads GO  F - U - C - K   YOURSELF.  You are probably a Trump supporter that thinks it's perfect acceptable to storm the capital though. 

Wow. I don’t know you, but I know people like you. They’ve been eliminated from my orbit. Too toxic.  When a difference of opinion evokes that type of a response you really should consider some anger management or something. My opinion is worth every bit as much as yours, never forget that. And who or what and how much I support with my dollars is my own f’ing business...not yours. Time to leave Big Purple Fans for a while again. Or permanently ... I’m sure ‘99  would approve, since only his opinion matters. Over and out. Delete app......

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Wow. I don’t know you, but I know people like you. They’ve been eliminated from my orbit. Too toxic.  When a difference of opinion evokes that type of a response you really should consider some anger management or something. My opinion is worth every bit as much as yours, never forget that. And who or what and how much I support with my dollars is my own f’ing business...not yours. Time to leave Big Purple Fans for a while again. Or permanently ... I’m sure ‘99  would approve, since only his opinion matters. Over and out. Delete app......

Everyones opinion matters. You are free to share. Agree or disagree. I just can't stay silent when someone threatens to cut off support for our university and student athletes because they used their 1st amendment right in the most respectful way possible. Honoring our country and our military veterans while showing the need to improve equality .... on MLK weekend.

So I'm gonna attempt to stop posting for a while myself. That said, I do approve of you deleting the app. Don't care if I get banned for saying it, but this opinion of yours, while you are free to make it, is offensive to many of our student athletes, many at our university, and many on this board. Just as you are free to post it, others are free to react to it. Many feel the same way as you, and that's your opinion. That's how freedom of speech works though. You post whatever you want, within the terms you agreed to when you signed up of course, and others can react as they feel fit. I have no bad feelings if I chased someone away from the board that has your feelings. If I get banned for defending the students rights to make their voice heard and to make their statement ... I'd wear that as a badge of honor.

Edited by godanesgo99

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

So... Players utilizing their first amendment right to show support for the oppressed people of the country over Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend makes you decide to go stop supporting the team and being part of the GDAC program? You know that kneeling is a sign of respect right?

Go Bing yourself. The team doesn't want or need your support anyway. 

Wish this site didn't autocorrect that word to Bing. It reads GO  F - U - C - K   YOURSELF.  You are probably a Trump supporter that thinks it's perfect acceptable to storm the capital though. 

I support kneeling...doesn't bother me. But this here is a bull$iena response. How this is allowed to stand is absolutely rediculos. This is the level of discourse we as a country are reduced to from the leftists like this dope here. Love and tolerance of the far left is overwhelming. Can you feel it?

You should be ashamed of yourself but you won't be. And before you pontificate about not being a leftist...I don't believe you, you sound every bit as rabid as the far left always is. 

Edited by Clickclack

57 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

You should be ashamed of yourself but you won't be. And before you pontificate about not being a leftist...I don't believe you, you sound every bit as rabid as the far left always is. 

I was gonna stop posting for a bit, but I was quoted directly....

Registered Libertarian. Further right than the right on many issues, further left than the left on other issues. The entire platform is based on individual liberty. I get the fun position of being able to agree and disagree with people on both sides about 50% of the time. Great for being a troll or a friend depending on the topic.

That said, standing for free speech at all times is the key piece here. I've been pretty clear that my extreme distaste at Jimbo's post was because he said their use of kneeling caused him to lose interest in the team and no longer support GDAC. He is free to feel that way and post it. He isn't free from negative reaction to his post. Just as I am not free from negative reaction from my post. Who's the snowflake? In my opinion it's the person that won't support the team or the school because of the players expression of their voice in a respectful way.

If anything, I'm embarrassed that we have fans that are so petty that they would change their opinion of the program and students because of what they believe or choose to speak out about. That sounds more like what you call Rabid Intolerance.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Really? You're a Miami Heat fan and it's the Danes that are making you disinterested? 😀

Hahaha yeah. But I blame it on them only having like 6 weeks off before training camp due to their AMAZING bubble run hahah. But well played DP, well played! 

• Like 1

I am posting this picture from the AMERICA EAST Instagram postings...our athletes showing courage to stand-up for what they believe in:

kt_12x's profile picture
Liked by kt_12x and379 others
americaeast This is not a moment, this is a movement.... more

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I am posting this picture from the AMERICA EAST Instagram postings...our athletes showing courage to stand-up for what they believe in:

kt_12x's profile picture
Liked by kt_12x and379 others
americaeast This is not a moment, this is a movement.... more

I gotta admit, this stuff used to bother me when it first started with CK. I've done a good deal of soul searching on why and arrived at the conclusion of why should it? These are Americans, exercising their free will and God given right to take a stand. I may not agree with the nuances of the argument or exactly be aligned on the issue (not to say I think there are no problems) but I live and let live on this whole issue. The conversation needs to be had as there is wide division here. 

That's just me...I'm done (I think)...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

So, we grab a win, score a bunch of points and I come here to find a political fire. It's going to be a long friggin winter.

I have to admit, after watching a mob of people smash the windows of the Capital and, among other things, literally take a dump inside, I find kneeling for the anthem quaint after that.

DP, always the voice of reason.

I think everyone, at least in this community, can understand and agree that there are situations where black people are treated differently just because they are black.

If our players think they need to kneel in order to unite behind the message to fix that, more power to them! Only thing I ask is that hypocrisy, virtue signaling and other stuff like that stays out of it.

Good for our team.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Is there a link to purchase team gear?

Just go to ualbanysports.com and hit shop or direct link:

https://albany.shoptruespirit.com/shop/ualbany/collections/basketball?categoryId=72114&topCatId=70037

also barns&noble online bookstore has team gear and often has good sales; even though sometimes the items are not always the most recent logo's and styles. The pricing and service is good and being OLD, do not care about latest "style." If I remember {just said I am OLD}, I'll try to post the link, next time b&n has a sale.

Anyhow, I think the above link will get you the good stuff.

ps just got sale email from b&n:

https://albany.bncollege.com/shop/CollectionsView?storeId=19071&parentCatId=40511&urlRequestType=Base&topCatId=40355&categoryId=44300&&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&level=2&j=42493493&sfmc_sub=985065226&l=17918413_HTML&u=648826653&mid=10480238&jb=8540&cm_mmc=Marketing-_-GMPromo_25OffColdWeather_January_2021_Push1-_-1_18_2021-_-702&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GMPromo_25OffColdWeather_January_2021_Push1&mi_u=985065226

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Just go to ualbanysports.com and hit shop or direct link:

https://albany.shoptruespirit.com/shop/ualbany/collections/basketball?categoryId=72114&topCatId=70037

also barns&noble online bookstore has team gear and often has good sales; even though sometimes the items are not always the most recent logo's and styles. The pricing and service is good and being OLD, do not care about latest "style." If I remember {just said I am OLD}, I'll try to post the link, next time b&n has a sale.

Anyhow, I think the above link will get you the good stuff.

ps just got sale email from b&n:

https://albany.bncollege.com/shop/CollectionsView?storeId=19071&parentCatId=40511&urlRequestType=Base&topCatId=40355&categoryId=44300&&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&level=2&j=42493493&sfmc_sub=985065226&l=17918413_HTML&u=648826653&mid=10480238&jb=8540&cm_mmc=Marketing-_-GMPromo_25OffColdWeather_January_2021_Push1-_-1_18_2021-_-702&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GMPromo_25OffColdWeather_January_2021_Push1&mi_u=985065226

Thanks. I thought the actual basketball team was selling official gear that would go right back to them.

8 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Anyone know where I can get a hat with the new Damian on it? I can't find it anywhere..and its new hat time here in this house. Apparently you need multiple hats once you move to Florida.  I think its the humidity or something. 

Good to know. We've actually started the process to move to Tampa, expect to be there by end of Feb or so...I have a few Jets/Heat/Rangers hats but my UA hat is quite old. And actually, I found that hat on eBay, so perhaps check there? It may not be 'officially' licensed, but if our school can't figure out how to sell merch then screw em I say.

Edited by Eli