UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown/AD Benson Thread

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

Hofstra moved Milhalek to special consuel position in the athletic dept.  Last year he won the CAA tourney and was going dancing until Covid.  Did very well there but I would guess he was burned out and they agreed to help him out to reduce the time and stress of a MBB head coach.

Health issues. 

On the UAlbany basketball roster page, Coach K's bio is up. It says he went to "Hamton" University. Is this accurate? Perhaps it should it read "Hampton University." Looks like a typographic error. Just curious.

On the Siena matter, I have always advocated for playing them twice a year. Once at the TUC, and once at SEFCU. I would rather see us play them a second time than watch a game at home against, for example, Canisius, with 2,000 fans (or less).

Although playing a team from another conference twice in one year is not the norm, both games would be well attended, enjoyed, and spirited.

The notion that playing Siena twice in one year would dilute the rivalry is nonsensical. I grew up in Ann Arbor, and I hate Ohio State every time we play them, in any sport, and on any day. Seeing Siena twice in a season might even add to the rivalry, although I do not have suggestions for how to award the Albany Cup. Maybe aggregate the scores like professional soccer tournaments. In any event, who cares about the physical Albany Cup and who has it. And I am bored of playing Columbia, Cornell, Canisius, Colgate, etc.

Welcome to the U, Coach K! Great job at the press conference, and looking forward to getting back into following UAlbany basketball.

• Like 1

Nice thoughts on Siena...home and home...however; unless there is change in the Siena A.D.; I do not see Siena agreeing to such a plan....they rather pay us the going rate for a team to come to the Times-Union Center...and play a higher tier team away in a money game...further their financial supporters-fans are not for home & home .... I think Benson would be happy playing at Times Union Center every time... We may see if this rivalry is on the scheduled this fall at the T-U Center...I suspect Benson may have more to say about the schedule going forward....an old thread revisited 

36 minutes ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

On the UAlbany basketball roster page, Coach K's bio is up. It says he went to "Hamton" University. Is this accurate? Perhaps it should it read "Hampton University." Looks like a typographic error. Just curious.

On the Siena matter, I have always advocated for playing them twice a year. Once at the TUC, and once at SEFCU. I would rather see us play them a second time than watch a game at home against, for example, Canisius, with 2,000 fans (or less).

Although playing a team from another conference twice in one year is not the norm, both games would be well attended, enjoyed, and spirited.

The notion that playing Siena twice in one year would dilute the rivalry is nonsensical. I grew up in Ann Arbor, and I hate Ohio State every time we play them, in any sport, and on any day. Seeing Siena twice in a season might even add to the rivalry, although I do not have suggestions for how to award the Albany Cup. Maybe aggregate the scores like professional soccer tournaments. In any event, who cares about the physical Albany Cup and who has it. And I am bored of playing Columbia, Cornell, Canisius, Colgate, etc.

Welcome to the U, Coach K! Great job at the press conference, and looking forward to getting back into following UAlbany basketball.

I am not a fan of playing them twice a year. There are ~350 teams. All of them I would rather take a trip to see a game. 

• Like 1