UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown/AD Benson Thread

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I'm expecting very very heavy roster turnover here...

It will take 2-3 years for us to even be .500 again and it's not the fault of the incoming coach by any means. I have a feeling we're going to be pretty bad next year. Thanks God I'm moving south and won't have to watch it live lol.

Man, I will miss Brown and my center court seat. I'll keep paying for them as a donation (same for FB) but it will be weird not being in SEFCU and seeing Will Brown on the sidelines stomping his right leg/foot.

Edited by Eli

1 minute ago, blorp said:

image.thumb.png.d5a23b733c0482665edb2cce9174dd4c.png

Looks like Iati is the Interim HC, Pelletier & Knotts are gone. Donnie Bassett is no longer listed as Special Assistant

Calling it now. Stire will be HC after all is said and done.

I jest. I expect most of those guys to follow Brown.

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Honestly can't believe Bing isn't on the phone with Brown yet. That's a dead program with excellent facilities. Brown would win and maybe even win big there, probably at our expense. 

They said today they are putting their assistant coach as interim for a year.

4 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

They said today they are putting their assistant coach as interim for a year.

I understand but that release came before the word got out on Brown. No one cares about interim tags especially on a  guy from the coaching staff of a guy you just fired. 

Was out volunteering at a Covid vaccine clinic and just heard the news.  Not surprised since a contract extension was never given so he became a lame duck coach.  Tons of respect for CB and the success we had for a good portion of his tenure but it's always what have you done for us lately and he has fallen in that respect.  I have always said the asst coaches being tied to CB may have cost him his job.  Loyalty is great but the buck stops with him and you may have to CYA and he did not do that.  The roster may be become bare now so tough times are ahead similar to when CB took over so the new guy has to recruit his butt off.  I would like him to start with quality HS players instead of a JUCOS, transfer retreds, etc.  May be rough for a year but grow the team and program for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Prob knew him at ND.

My thing is this..if you let go of Will Brown and don't go make a splash hire with a high ranking BCS assistant or similar but bring in a Siena Assistant Coach...you done effed up and should be fired on the spot. That can NOT be the move! LOL

Obviously this is just all conjecture, there is no hint in what direction MB is looking but still.