UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Ballooning Budget Deficit - Impact Sports Program

cwdickens

Great optics this week:

-You fire the coach that a large portion of the fan base wanted to keep on the day he and his wife are honored by the American Cancer Society for their fundraising efforts.

-You announce a college coaching search that'll cost 50-100K on the same day the university announces it has problems with debt.

It's only Tuesday but you're really winning the flippin week UAlbany Athletics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Football and baseball will be the first things to go....ask the people at Northeastern....Hofstra....that was ugly....the had just recently made improvements to the stadium....they still have a large football alumni group...but the powers that be at the time saw the money spent on football could be used better...comes down to priorities...  

Poor analogies.  I was very closely affiliated with both situations.  And I mean very close. 

Edited by Dane96
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, B9j2j6s said:

I could see Baseball being the first of any team axed.  I drove by the field yesterday and it has got to be the worst of all our athletic facilities at the school. 

This is fact.  Coach had to fundraise to support the program. He’s also woefully underpaid. 

On 3/2/2021 at 10:24 PM, Dane96 said:

Poor analogies.  I was very closely affiliated with both situations.  And I mean very close. 

I am glad to hear that you are closely affiliated to these programs as well as UAlbany however; I followed both situations at time by reading local media accounts and the universities press release explanations for their decisions.  Reason for following the situation... someone that I am close with confided at the time that he was concern that UAlbany may reach the same point in the future with football.  Are we there?  I do not know. 

Edited by cwdickens
clarification