UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfers

CJ Kelly is not confirmed for UMASS. And I’ve heard it from the opposite side.  Big push is on. But no commitment. 

Jamal Horton coming back, according to Michael Kelly.  Kelly quoted Jamal himself.  That’s a big win. 

• Like 2

Well over 25% of all college basketball players are now in the transfer portal. I wonder if the NCAA should just starting assuming everyone is transferring and create a "staying portal for those guys who elect to stay at the same school."

Edited by Dane Pound
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Well over 25% of all college basketball players are now in the transfer portal. I wonder if the NCAA should just starting assuming everyone is transferring and create a "staying portal for those guys who elect to stay at the same school."

Yeah it's straight wild in there...

17 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Yeah it's straight wild in there...

I think the extra year of eligibility granted to all athletes is one of the root causes to all this. There’s should have been some sort of threshold on games played this season determining if you get that extra year. 

Think it is just a guess. Like I said in one of the other threads, there really hasn't been much sign one way or the other about Kellon. I'd love for him to be back because I really liked him this past year. It was nice having someone with such a strong inside game that could play physically after a few years without (maybe since Greig Stire graduated?)

Also totally get it if he isn't back since I think it'd be his sixth year in college (four at Duquesne and one here) and he's ready to move on to the next part of his life

Totally underwhelming.  Wish him the best, represented the school well...took care of his academics, and I hope he kills it out there.  But this is a lateral move IMHO...CMU is not a good MAC team.  Had a spurt a few years ago...but is not a traditionally solid team.  Tony Barbee may pull it together again (he was wonderful at UTEP, a disaster at Auburn)...so let's see.  But terrible facilities, terrible fanbase for the level of ball being played...confounding move.  Would have understood a move out west, like Kai. 

Edited by Dane96