UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfers

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

For those who did not know both Doles and Hutcheson are returning.  

Good news as both have played the 4 before. 

Excellent that it has been confirmed.  The team looks really good right now on paper...but so do a lot of other AE teams.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Excellent that it has been confirmed.  The team looks really good right now on paper...but so do a lot of other AE teams.  

....LOL... yes there has been numerous media reports stating both have existed the portal ....further Hutch's birthday was noted earlier this week on the UAlbany MBB Instagram account....

40 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

....LOL... yes there has been numerous media reports stating both have existed the portal ....further Hutch's birthday was noted earlier this week on the UAlbany MBB Instagram account....

Did I say something funny to make you LOL?  I’ve been saying doles and hutch were staying for a month. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Kellon Taylor to McNeese State.

Wow. That’s a super bizarre move. Historically bad program in a pretty weak league.  ACU’s run was an anomaly.  Maybe he didn’t see playing time for himself with the new group or, vice versa, we had to recruit his spot because he made it clear he wasn’t coming back. 

Edited by Dane96

With that done, that means we have a complete scholarship roster set now. The only real question mark being Brent Hank. I've always liked him and thought he deserved more time than he got. With Cam and Brent both leaving though I could see Brent leaving as well. If that's the case we would still have another Scholly to give.

With another scholarship being given yesterday, that means one of the following:

1. Hank is leaving

2. Someone else is leaving

3. Someone is walking on

4. The team is using whatever waivers are available and are allowed to go over the limit of 13 because people are staying that could have graduated.

I don't know if UAs budget will allow for additional ships, but if I understand the rules correctly, for every person that should have exhausted their eligibility last year, but decided to stay because of the COVID rule change adds an additional scholarship for this upcoming season. If I understand that correctly, with Champion staying, we could actually have 14 scholarships this year. 

Edit: Doles had a year left anyway, removed him from the above.

Edited by godanesgo99

• 9 months later...

Tough finish tonight for Antonio Rizzuto and Towson, losing to Delaware in the CAA semi-finals. Still, a nice year, averaging 8 PPG for a 25 win team that will be headed to the NIT.

CJ Kelly had a great year for a meh UMass team that just fired their coach. Kelly is averaging over 10 PPG

Cam Healy looked for like the pre-injury Cam Healy. 11.7 per game for a Central Michigan team that was near the bottom of the MAC with a single A.

Kellon Taylor averaged 10 PPG and nearly 6 boards for a pretty bad McNeese St.

• Thanks 1