UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfers

https://twitter.com/greglevinsky/status/1368959481539919873?s=21

Tweet

Greg Levinsky @GregLevinsky

Albany grad transfer Cam Healy (@cambOhealy) is receiving

interest from many schools including Creighton, DePaul, SMU, UCSB, UCSD, Santa Clara, Northern Kentucky, Cal Baptist, Southern Utah and Florida Southern, source said. Averaged 15.2

PPG from '18-20, 39% 3FG. 2 yrs to play

11:19 AM · 3/8/21 from Portland, ME Twitter for iPhone

3 Retweets 3 Quote Tweets 22 Likes

1 hour ago, tnehurley said:

Tweet

interest from many schools including Creighton, DePaul, SMU, UCSB, UCSD, Santa Clara, Northern Kentucky, Cal Baptist, Southern Utah and Florida Southern, source said. Averaged 15.2

I think his brother goes to or went to Santa Clara

1 hour ago, tnehurley said:

Tweet

Great for Cam Healy.....

Expect almost everyone to enter the portal.  Hopefully Killings with keep several of them . 

There is talent on this team . Sprinkle in some of his "own" guys and we hopefully will be a good team.  

Hope to avoid a complete rebuild but sometimes that's what happens.  

stop pretending these guys are coming back. They are all going to be gone. Most people who enter the portal don't go back. This team is going to have a crap load of JUCO's next year I think because the roster at UA will be all but empty.

The new coach needs to talk to them and they need to talk to the new coach.  

I have no issue with the portal because what if the new coach does not want them / does not fit into his system or plan.  It's a two way street with a new coach. 

It's the new coaches job to talk them into recommiting if they want them.  

2 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

stop pretending these guys are coming back. They are all going to be gone. Most people who enter the portal don't go back. This team is going to have a crap load of JUCO's next year I think because the roster at UA will be all but empty.

I agree a lot of the time . However stony Brooks new coach about 5 years ago had almost everyone in the portal and I believe 6 or 7 stayed on. It's not as uncommon as you think to stay.  

Of course they may all leave but also don't be surprised when they stay either. 

10 minutes ago, McFan said:

I guess I shouldn't be but I'm a bit surprised by guys entering the portal that already have multiple colleges under their belt.  Transferring that many times has got to be a drain on academic progress no?  

I wondered that also, credits transferring, different majors and requirements at each school, etc.  Previously when you had to sit out a year from D1 to D1, you can catch up academically.  Student-athletes these days don't have any loyalty and love to a school and don't care if they attend 3 or 4 schools.  For me, once I accepted UA as my school, I was a Great Dane for life, never considering transferring even when I did not get in the business school for accounting.  Changed major and stayed.  Think it helped that I stayed on campus all 4 years on Dutch Quad to get the full college experience,  kids these days move off campus ASAP, distancing themselves from campus vibe.  Also I went to the podium every day for class feeling like a college student.  These days so many classes are online and no classroom visit.  I guess for kids today, when logging into class from your apartment, doesn't really matter what school your at.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

This team is going to have a crap load of JUCO's next year I think because the roster at UA will be all but empty.

Soooo care tell me what this past years roster was filled with and what 4/5 of the starters were??? 😂

Some here make it seem like this team was going to have ZERO transfers if the previous regime remained. In fact their roster turned over 6-8 players for the past 5 years whether by graduation or transfer.

Ahh remember 3 years ago when they were so proud of having 5 freshman start. That really turned out great. 

Maybe it's finally JoJo Anderson's time to shine!

Edited by UA'08

9 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Soooo care tell me what this past years roster was filled with and what 4/5 of the starters were??? 😂

Some here make it seem like this team was going to have ZERO transfers if the previous regime remained. In fact their roster turned over 6-8 players for the past 5 years whether by graduation or transfer.

In 2020 - 4 kids transferred out

in 2019 - 2 kids transferred out

in 2018 - 4 kids left, granted 2 were grad transfers

in 2017 - 4 kids transferred out

on and on and on, roster stability has never been a thing at UA. Every year, almost half the team leaves, resulting in the following year half the team having to pick up a new offense etc. My hope is with the new coaching staff there is some roster stability and not half or more of the recruiting class being misses. Recruiting has been BAD for a while and one of the reasons so many kids leave. 

• Like 3

Not to nitpick, but they had 4 transfers at the end of the 2019 season lol. 

What hurt most was not striking when the iron was hot at the end of the 2015 year. They had a stacked team in 2016 and won 24 games, yet their recruits coming in the following year were, you guessed it 6 JUCOS. The season after they tried to ride that Australian wave again, putting all their eggs in one basket and it completely backfired. The same can be said about the recruiting after the 2007 season.