UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What is Will Brown's next stop? (After his next NCAA Tournament)

20 hours ago, jimbo said:

The entire team's budget is considerably less than his UA coaching salary, so he must need something to do. Good for him! Hey, it did wonders for George Karl and Phil Jackson.

Absolutely, he needs to do something....he stated that Jamie wants him out of the home doing something...this is something...helps the resume and helps out the greater Albany community

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just heard a piece on WNYT, their sportscaster knew little more like nothing about Will's decision. Will's explanation is reasonable in light of his previous desire to return to a head coaching position however; he has expanded the opportunities he would consider.  Best wishes Will in your future endeavors.

Many may disagree with me but IMO UA should bring him back. With a new arena, locker rooms, etc. I'm sure he can recruit better than he did in the past. But we know Benson will never allow it because rumor has it he wanted Brown gone for a long time. I'd personally welcome Will Brown back with open arms.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, Eli said:

Many may disagree with me but IMO UA should bring him back. With a new arena, locker rooms, etc. I'm sure he can recruit better than he did in the past. But we know Benson will never allow it because rumor has it he wanted Brown gone for a long time. I'd personally welcome Will Brown back with open arms.

Disagree...strong disagree without rehashing this. Fire Benson, fire DK...bring in a competent AD and let him rebuild. 

Just now, Clickclack said:

Disagree...strong disagree without rehashing this. Fire Benson, fire DK...bring in a competent AD and let him rebuild. 

Further, I believe WB has move on ... looking to settle down elsewhere ... which would be best for him and for us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Further, I believe WB has move on ... looking to settle down elsewhere ... which would be best for him and for us.

Seems like many have forgotten the massive amount of bad basketball, offense that scored 30pts (if lucky) in a half, brutal recruiting etc. The highs were great...the lows were long, boring and uninspired. For many years got worked over by the top of the league and stopped being a threat or even competitive against the top. 

No thanks! Will always have found memories of the highs...UCONN game, Hooley shot, the chips he won...but it was the definition of feast or famine. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Seems like many have forgotten the massive amount of bad basketball, offense that scored 30pts (if lucky) in a half, brutal recruiting etc. The highs were great...the lows were long, boring and uninspired. For many years got worked over by the top of the league and stopped being a threat or even competitive against the top. 

No thanks! Will always have found memories of the highs...UCONN game, Hooley shot, the chips he won...but it was the definition of feast or famine. 

Nobody has forgotten that in between the five trips to the NCAA D1 Tournament ... there was low points and disappointments however Will Brown's overall record at UAlbany was 315 wins - 295 losses ... taking the fact of what occurred in his early tenure, admirable further no one here is advocating for Will Brown's return... thanks for reminding me what you are about .... the negative

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Nobody has forgotten that in between the five trips to the NCAA D1 Tournament ... there was low points and disappointments however Will Brown's overall record at UAlbany was 315 wins - 295 losses ... taking the fact of what occurred in his early tenure, admirable further no one here is advocating for Will Brown's return... thanks for reminding me what you are about .... the negative

Yeah...no one...lol...you're welcome. 

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

🙂

LOL. There never been any other disappointments in sports.

Edited by bob87

• cwdickens changed the title to What is Will Brown's next stop? (After his next NCAA Tournament)