UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2021 UAlbany MLAX Next Up vs Vermont, Saturday, March 13, 2021 Time 3:00 PM EST

Watched the first half from behind the fence. Went home to watch second 1/2 on amtv. Should have stayed home for entire game. As someone said UA got taken to school by Vt in   1st ½. Could not believe it was the same UA team, I watched week 1-2. IL article yesterday said VT better than their record. I think VT believed it & UA did not. Still think UA superior team; but dug themselves too big a hole. Glad we get to play them again. No Patterson today—anyone know WHY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Watched the first half from behind the fence. Went home to watch second 1/2 on amtv. Should have stayed home for entire game. As someone said UA got taken to school by Vt in   1st ½. Could not believe it was the same UA team, I watched week 1-2. IL article yesterday said VT better than their record. I think VT believed it & UA did not. Still think UA superior team; but dug themselves too big a hole. Glad we get to play them again. No Patterson today—anyone know WHY

I didn't drive over to stand behind the fence today, and at the start of the broadcast the announcers said Patterson was held out due to an injury, but don't believe they gave any specifics beyond that. If it were Covid related he wouldn't; have been at the stadium.

I kind of think for the most part what we saw today is what we have seen the past several years - a lot of one on one offense that can be effective if the shots fall and they didn't; go in today. I had hoped that with the new rules the face off situation would improve, but the wings were not involved much at all. I haven't understood the plan post TD. I don't recall Altamari taking a draw today. There could be other injuries we don't know about.

I for one didn't buy into the early defense hype. 

I still think this is a very deep and balanced team, but with so many players being close, and not a fall ball, and normal preseason I am sure it is tough finding the right mix across the board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

still think this is a very deep and balanced team, but with so many players being close, and not a fall ball, and normal preseason I am sure it is tough finding the right mix across the board.

Agree 100%   Just maddening how good they can look at times and how bad/confused they look other times. Not that I had any say; but I have been harping since the covid cancel last March, how some sort of expanded/enhanced fall ball would be critical. Not just UA obviously, but so many teams are up and down so far. And for what its worth still think UA Lax got/gets the short end of the stick with football and Casey stadium and limited resources allocated. {but that's a loosing battle I've been complaining about for years.}

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Agree 100%   Just maddening how good they can look at times and how bad/confused they look other times. Not that I had any say; but I have been harping since the covid cancel last March, how some sort of expanded/enhanced fall ball would be critical. Not just UA obviously, but so many teams are up and down so far. And for what its worth still think UA Lax got/gets the short end of the stick with football and Casey stadium and limited resources allocated. {but that's a loosing battle I've been complaining about for years.}

Even as a former parent I didn't know 1/4 of what was really going on, but the one thing that drove me and a lot of crazy, and still does today as a fan, is the reappearing act and disappearing act of players. Now there could be injuries we don't know about, academic stuff, maybe effort in practice, but there has been a common theme IMO the last several years which just seems odd, and not good for cohesion, and on the field chemistry.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018
typo