UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

1 minute ago, cwdickens said:

Coach Killings mentioned a second assistant and I thought he stated related to the Siena coach....Is the new assistant the brother of the Siena Coach?  So we have a coach and two assistants....

He said his father was HC at Siena, I almost swear I heard that right. 

I have great admiration for CB, but IMHO, the program was getting more than a little "tired" lately...if that's the right word. The first batch of Aussies was great, Sam and Peter were all time greats and Mike was a solid player. This second batch had high hopes, but Lulka has been a disappointment, Healey has a lot of talent and cannot stay healthy and Hank has been pretty much of a dud. The CremoNichols departure, cover, new transfer rules have all had an impact. Stocking the assistant ranks with ex players creates a silo mentality when fresh ideas and blood were much needed. I hope DK is a massive success and drops anchor at UA for a long, long time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eli said:

My hot take:

Character: #winning
Recruiting: Seems to have what it takes to bring talent here
Coaching: Philosophy seems to be what we all want, but verdict will depends on the results of the product
Personality: Very down to earth

I think, based on the above, Benson did a fine job. Gotta give credit where it is due. Many of us aren't huge fans of him (and some hate him) but hey, you bring wins and results, all is forgiven. Look at Gattuso. Most of us wanted him gone and now maybe we're happy he's here.

Agreed.  All of this. 

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

He said his father was HC at Siena, I almost swear I heard that right. 

I believe it was John Griffin....in between Kirsch and Deane...two legends...he lasted 4 years.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I have great admiration for CB, but IMHO, the program was getting more than a little "tired" lately...if that's the right word. The first batch of Aussies was great, Sam and Peter were all time greats and Mike was a solid player. This second batch had high hopes, but Lulka has been a disappointment, Healey has a lot of talent and cannot stay healthy and Hank has been pretty much of a dud. The CremoNichols departure, cover, new transfer rules have all had an impact. Stocking the assistant ranks with ex players creates a silo mentality when fresh ideas and blood were much needed. I hope DK is a massive success and drops anchor at UA for a long, long time. 

Jimbo...your spot on....Will's luck ran out....after the Cremo-Nichols departure...perhaps he felt is grip on the program was never going to be the same...My opinion....Coach Killings will have success ... and build that step to his next position....he is young and talented, hungry for success...while developing the student athlete personally

9 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I believe it was John Griffin....in between Kirsch and Deane...two legends...he lasted 4 years.

Matt Griffin, the new assistant, is a head coach and AD of one of the top Catholic schools in Philly....they won back to back city catholic titles and a state championship. Having a strong Philly connection is NOT a bad thing.

• Like 1

I just loved that he said he wants us to be an elite program.  Elite to me, transcends the AE, which is what we have all wanted.  Strong OOC, plus being highly competitive inside the AE.

It feels like he's connected to the outside world of high level coaching and talent much more so than we've been in the past. 

I was bummed to hear that no one asked him about the Albany Cup. I hope he continues to hold the line that WB held. Would love to have heard his response.

Reading their stupid forum (their coach is likely leaving lol), they want the cup back but only if it's in a place that can host 10,000 or more. Those clowns will never admit it, but if UA ever gets an arena with 8 or 9k, they still won't be happy. Hope Carmen M. leaves those uppity losers.

EDIT: Hoopdad seems to be the only sane one there. If you're reading HD, thank you! You take care of yourself sir!

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

ualbany_mbb Hey, Coach! 👋

#BeGreat

Brutal honesty here.  Maybe we move away from posting instagrams like this.  You can actually do instagram on a webbrowser and just cut and paste that link.  Keeps the board cleaner, me thinks. I do appreciate you sharing the information though and want to encourage its continuance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Was Roger Wyland and/or any of the WNYT sports reporters at the new conference?  I do not recall any questions or comments from a WNYT sports reporter.  Was Roger banned for prematurely announcing the hiring? 😎

Edited by cwdickens