UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

24 minutes ago, bob87 said:

No reason can't play at some again and sprinkle in some new ones. I missed a few (Kansas and washington) when we played there and I have been hoping to visit indiana and Butler. I didn't look at timeline. Was he at Boston University when Albany played them at MSG.

Yes, his one year at Boston U under Pat Chambers was our game at MSG, 2/10/11

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Maybe bob you should listen to it before adding nothing as usual...never said you did Bob, not once. Unclench cheeks.

LOL

Now you want to decide how I spend my time. Most of a press conference when a coach is hired is going to be "hype". They are always going to talk about competing for ncaa tournament, etc.

If by "adding" you mean overreacting, that is your area 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bob87 said:

LOL

Now you want to decide how I spend my time. Most of a press conference when a coach is hired is going to be "hype". They are always going to talk about competing for ncaa tournament, etc.

If by "adding" you mean overreacting, that is your area 😂

Have a great night Bob.

9 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Only stumble was bringing up Anthony Lamb in this presser. I'm not sure if he's aware or not but there are VERY SERIOUS allegations made not only against Anthony Lamb but also about UVM program. The kind that make Bing's issues from years a go a walk in the park. That was a blunder but one I can excuse with maybe he's not up to speed. 

What are the allegations? Just curious ... 

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out with a simple search online. If true, horrific ... .

Edited by UA_MA_2000

4 hours ago, ZLK said:

C. The program is going to have to live with taking on Coach Tibbs and anything that comes with it now (I get wanting the City Rocks connect).

What's the issue with Tibbs? I thought people were happy to have him?

Or is it because of what is being investigated at UVM and that he was probably aware of it?

10 hours ago, Eli said:

What's the issue with Tibbs? I thought people were happy to have him?

Or is it because of what is being investigated at UVM and that he was probably aware of it?

That's pretty much it. There's no reason to have anything that's going on over there near this program. Don't know him personally, I'm sure he's a good dude. There is absolutely no reason for Albany to associate themselves with anyone associated with UVM while they're still in the middle of a lawsuit.

Let's also be honest.... Albany is not Burlington. The media over there completely caters to that team/program. It's a small town feel where the paper needs access to report on the program because there's not much else. That's not going to happen in Albany.

Edited by ZLK

8 minutes ago, ZLK said:

That's pretty much it. There's no reason to have anything that's going on over there near this program. Don't know him personally, I'm sure he's a good dude. There is absolutely no reason for Albany to associate themselves with anyone associated with UVM while they're still in the middle of a lawsuit.

Equally as cringe to even name the player in the press conference. That was his one I think fairly bad moment. I'm not sure if he's aware but if he is, that was a poor thought to articulate or verbalize. Just say nothing...

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Equally as cringe to even name the player in the press conference. That was his one I think fairly bad moment. I'm not sure if he's aware but if he is, that was a poor thought to articulate or verbalize. Just say nothing...

To me that was a completely naïve move. You don't trust what you're told by the same people being sued for covering something up. You completely avoid that situation if you've made the decision you think the woman is lying...if you don't think she's lying you wouldn't have made that hire. 

9 minutes ago, ZLK said:

To me that was a completely naïve move. You don't trust what you're told by the same people being sued for covering something up. You completely avoid that situation if you've made the decision you think the woman is lying...if you don't think she's lying you wouldn't have made that hire. 

I don't see his hire as any referendum on the lawsuit and accusations...Tibbs was apparently in the 3rd or 4th chair at UVM. I think DK saw a guy he felt could help him recruit and hired him. Doubtful that a guy that far down the leadership rung had any input as to how UVM handled the investigation or lack of one. But again, this hire is on DK. If scumbag human beings start showing up around the program we'll have our answer. I'll even go as far as to say that I personally would have stayed away from anyone even remotely associated with that situation but I'm not the HC. 

Edited by Clickclack

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I don't see his hire as any referendum on the lawsuit and accusations...Tibbs was apparently in the 3rd or 4th chair at UVM. I think DK saw a guy he felt could help him recruit and hired him. Doubtful that a guy that far down the leadership rung had any input as to how UVM handled the investigation or lack of one. But again, this hire is on DK. If scumbag human beings start showing up around the program we'll have our answer. I'll even go as far as to say that I personally would have stayed away from anyone even remotely associated with that situation but I'm the HC. 

Well let's be honest here...if he's the one who recruited the player in question and has the closest relationship to the player in question (enough so that he's getting shouted out at a presser) who do you think the players first call was to when $iena started going sideways? What chair you're in as far as hierarchy on the coaching staff has nothing to do with who's closest to these situations from the jump. I can tell you multiple programs (from personal experience, it's every program really) where the guys closest to the players and are the fixers are not in the first or second chair.

By making the hire you're calling her a liar. By shouting everyone out publicly on the record you're calling her a liar publicly. If you don't plan on being in this program long term do not bring that type of $iena around here. Get in, win, don't make us look bad or get this program into any trouble and move on.

Edited by ZLK

1 minute ago, ZLK said:

Well let's be honest here...if he's the one who recruited the player in question and has the closest relationship to the player in question (enough so that he's getting shouted out at a presser) who do you think the players first call was to when $iena started going sideways? What chair you're in as far as hierarchy on the coaching staff has nothing to do with who's closest to these situations from the jump. I can tell you multiple programs (from personal experience, it's every program really) where the guys closest to the players and are the fixers are not in the first or second chair.

In the absence of any concrete information on my part I'll defer to your interpretation/opinion. As I said...that to me was really the biggest blunder of that press conference. We'll see if it's a start of something with respect to how the program will be run or something transient. 

Just now, Clickclack said:

In the absence of any concrete information on my part I'll defer to your interpretation/opinion. As I said...that to me was really the biggest blunder of that press conference. We'll see if it's a start of something with respect to how the program will be run or something transient. 

Oh I'm not even saying they're going to recruit bad kids because of the situation. I'm saying why would you put this program in that type of position. Why should we be associated with what's going on there at all? That's the part that pissed me off.

1 minute ago, ZLK said:

Oh I'm not even saying they're going to recruit bad kids because of the situation. I'm saying why would you put this program in that type of position. Why should we be associated with what's going on there at all? That's the part that pissed me off.

Yeah I see that..that's fair.