UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

Well if you not still pissed ... I am going to raise the hairs on the back if your neck for your comment " I'd want to hang out with Jimmy Patsos, I wouldn't want to hang out with Will Brown.

The only reason anyone would hang out with Jimmy Patsos is to collect some ice cream money.... Will Brown may not exhumed a lot of warmth in the last few years... I blame the toll of the job .... but his character remain intact for 19 years...there are a bunch of successful coaches out there who cannot say the same thing

Just now, cwdickens said:

Well if you not still pissed ... I am going to raise the hairs on the back if your neck for your comment " I'd want to hang out with Jimmy Patsos, I wouldn't want to hang out with Will Brown.

The only reason anyone would hang out with Jimmy Patsos is to collect some ice cream money.... Will Brown may not exhumed a lot of warmth in the last few years... I blame the toll of the job .... but his character remain intact for 19 years...there are a bunch of successful coaches out there who cannot say the same thing

I love Will Brown and I'm 99% sure everyone on here knows that. I meant it more who'd I'd pick to go bar hopping with. Again, that doesn't matter at all because this administration decided to move on. What's done is done. I'll be rooting hard for him wherever he takes over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Will say this fanbase has no idea what prolonged D1 ineptitude is or what it's like to deal with a major scandal and at minimum I'd like to keep it that way. That's the absolute bare minimum. Wanting a change makes sense, we all get sick of things. The past couple of seasons weren't good. If this is the only program you follow closely you have no idea what it's like to watch everything collapse and how difficult it is to build back up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

So DK (or do we call him CK or Coach K?) thinks we should "partner" with $iena in promoting BB in the area? Better be an 
"equal" partnership

You know how you start losing a fan base? Take even one step back from what Coach Brown demanded. He needs to understand that.

15 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

You know how you start losing a fan base? Take even one step back from what Coach Brown demanded. He needs to understand that.

I'm in the minority here, but I think the game needs to be played in the biggest arena available in the area and that is the TU center. Everything else other than where the the game should be played is up for debate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I'm in the minority here, but I think the game needs to be played in the biggest arena available in the area and that is the TU center. Everything else other than where the the game should be played is up for debate.

It'd be played at Siena every other year. Don't see how it hurts anyone being there every other year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

So DK (or do we call him CK or Coach K?) thinks we should "partner" with $iena in promoting BB in the area? Better be an 
"equal" partnership

Can only partner with them if they truly want to be partners. Regardless of what lcc does coach K job is to have Albany competing for NCAA tournament bids. First step is talking about "elite" level improving the fan base , filling the building, etc. The harder part is doing that. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

So let me ask you this? Duke holds 9000. UNC holds 18000. By saying the above you believe Duke should never play a home game again against their rival . Yikes. 

I agree with a ton of your posts so don't take this the wrong way but thank God your not in charge. Games around the country would only be played in the largest arenas against rivals.  That's not right. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZLK said:

It'd be played at Siena every other year. Don't see how it hurts anyone being there every other year.

If it's important to the Capital District I just think every fan who wants to go should be able to. Whether you are an Albany or Siena fan, or a fan of neither team and just looking for something to do on a freezing cold Saturday night in December.

7 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

If it's important to the Capital District I just think every fan who wants to go should be able to. Whether you are an Albany or Siena fan, or a fan of neither team and just looking for something to do on a freezing cold Saturday night in December.

I strongly disagree, always being the road team is a competitive disadvantage, familiarity of court etc. Not to mention they should have to play in the tighter confines of the SEFCU and our fans on top of them. Especially if DK can fill the stands with students etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

So let me ask you this? Duke holds 9000. UNC holds 18000. By saying the above you believe Duke should never play a home game again against their rival . Yikes. 

I agree with a ton of your posts so don't take this the wrong way but thank God your not in charge. Games around the country would only be played in the largest arenas against rivals.  That's not right. 

Haha no offense taken. The Duke/UNC comparison never made any sense as those are conference rivals so they play each other twice a year anyway so it’s not comparable at all. Albany/Siena also shouldn’t be even listed in the same breath as Duke/UNC for anything regarding basketball.

This specific situation is unique in general because there aren’t many low level schools using a professional arena as a their home court. There also isn’t a as big of a following of college basketball in the capital region like elsewhere.

People get way too caught in thinking that the people on this board represent the whole UA BB fan community.  We are the die hards.  I really think the larger UA BB community is not as concerned as this group is w/ where the game is played.  Ask the casual UA fan or the casual BB fan where it should be played.  Take the purple glasses off for a minute. It was an event at the TU.  10+K people.  Bars and restaurants filled.  It introduced local people to UA hoops.  It introduced Siena fans (not necessarily alum) to UA hoops.  Those games were good for us.  They were good for the community.  Split the arena and have it at the TU (dead horse, sorry) and beat them every year.  Win the local fans over.  Show them that Siena is a second rate program.