UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

3 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

As things go the more wins in conference play ... the better the seed ... higher seed better chance to host the second Saturday in March....example above by Bob87

Thanks, I was being sarcastic. I know how it works and you guarantee yourself a chance for that by taking care of business in the regular season.

I tried to skim through this topic and how its gone way off track in welcoming Coach Killings...

I can only add:

F&@K $1ENA

I get wanting as many people to be there live as possible, and a standing room only TUC is an amazing environment to be in for a mid-major basketball game, but guess what: we could get that environment every other year. A SEFCU arena that is only 2/3rds full is a louder more fun environment in my mind. No reason to ever play them if they wont accept a home and home. If we agree to anything worse than a 1:1 home and home - I don't even want a 1:1:Neutral like the last one as that still isn't equitable unless the neutral one is at a completely neutral court like the Armory or in Glens Falls.  If we accept less, it will definitely drop DK multiple spots in my book.

F

U

C

K

S

I

E

N

A

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I tried to skim through this topic and how its gone way off track in welcoming Coach Killings...

I can only add:

F&@K $1ENA

I get wanting as many people to be there live as possible, and a standing room only TUC is an amazing environment to be in for a mid-major basketball game, but guess what: we could get that environment every other year. A SEFCU arena that is only 2/3rds full is a louder more fun environment in my mind. No reason to ever play them if they wont accept a home and home. If we agree to anything worse than a 1:1 home and home - I don't even want a 1:1:Neutral like the last one as that still isn't equitable unless the neutral one is at a completely neutral court like the Armory or in Glens Falls.  If we accept less, it will definitely drop DK multiple spots in my book.

F

U

C

K

S

I

E

N

A

This is the way. /Mandalorian

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I don't even want a 1:1:Neutral like the last one as that still isn't equitable unless the neutral one is at a completely neutral court like the Armory

Love the Armory and think it is a great place to see a game (two years ago or whatever where the Pats won the championship was a ton of fun) but it is almost 1000 fewer seats. No way it would ever happen

25 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I can only add:

F&@K $1ENA

F

U

C

K

S

I

E

N

A

Appropriate way to put this topic to bed...

Day 2: Coach Killings....How did things go today?  Was the practice useful?  How did the one on ones with the players go?  Was the time spent well.. was there a two way discussion between yourself and players in attempt to learn their commitment to the school, the program and your ideas/plans.  Lastly who do you think learned more....you or the players....Are we moving forward? ....Hope the optimism is growing....

Edited by cwdickens
verbiage update

9 hours ago, Eli said:

Theres my answer to the $iena question from yesterday. Someone definitely needs to give him the backstory.

Funny you should say that. Benson's first UA Alumni event when he started at the school, I sat at a table with him GDG and one staff member and we specifically brought up the Siena situation letting him know the history. I agree someone needs to do that with the new coach..and it should be someone outside of Benson's grasp.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

Funny you should say that. Benson's first UA Alumni event when he started at the school, I sat at a table with him GDG and one staff member and we specifically brought up the Siena situation letting him know the history. I agree someone needs to do that with the new coach..and it should be someone outside of Benson's grasp.

I strongly suspect the Coach Killings will be within eyesight ... perhaps arm's reach of Benson or a designate for the immediate future...interesting if he shows up on Roger Wyland's radio show sooner vs later.... I think it comes down to how much does Benson wants a game and/or games with Siena...Siena is only coming with T-U only games on the plate...otherwise see you later....last thought...our Siena history is not important to Benson because it involves feelings,,,Benson's into $ and cents...winning the game

6 hours ago, blorp said:

Love the Armory and think it is a great place to see a game (two years ago or whatever where the Pats won the championship was a ton of fun) but it is almost 1000 fewer seats. No way it would ever happen

You know, I had a similar idea the other day. What if we took the Dane Train on the road locally for some home games at other venues to build and grow interest in the greater capital district (the down side is, among other reasons, we would likely lose money in such endeavors)? For example, a home game at the Glens Galls Civic Center? Or a game out in Utica at their events center (whatever it is called)? Or the Armory to attract more fans from downtown Albany and the Lark Street region. Even if they were exhibition games or games against teams like Oneonta but not Oneonta. Or what about a home game at the TUC vs a mid-major or high-major school? Could DK get Marquette to play us at the TUC? Maybe a pipe dream given the finances, but I like the Glens Falls idea ... .

Edited by UA_MA_2000
  • Thanks 1

Something minority off topic but still relevant to this topic:

I read the  head coach at Siena only makes 285K. We are paying our head coach almost 100k more. That's crazy !

Now I know why coach's jump ship over there with even some success.  

That just seems very low for a school what is suppose to be the leader of the mcaa!!!! 

3 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I read the  head coach at Siena only makes 285K. We are paying our head coach almost 100k more. That's crazy !

That just seems very low for a school what is suppose to be the leader of the mcaa!!!! 

They have usually paid way more and can go higher. But CB making 400+ certainly closed the gap very significantly and in fact paid more. Siena is not in a good financial spot and Covid threatens schools like them immensely.

3 hours ago, UA1882 said:

$285...is base pay....other monies for things such as winning MAAC regular season

57 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

$285...is base pay....other monies for things such as winning MAAC regular season

Ok . I'll try to be more specific.  The base pay between the two Schools is around 100k different.  That is a lot . I'm sure almost every coach has incentive money built into the contract. 

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Ok . I'll try to be more specific.  The base pay between the two Schools is around 100k different.  That is a lot . I'm sure almost every coach has incentive money built into the contract. 

That is way John (their AD) and the Siena coach are talking; after the $1,000,000 Fordham position open up.....