UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Welcome MBB Head Coach Dwayne Killings!

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

Don't think you can have both, see Coach Abe

I think you are probably correct, but there’s always guys like Brennan or Becker at UVM, who hangs in there and gets comfortable winning championships. Like I’ve always said about CB, he was not going to leave UA for $500k per...not with his local connections. But the kind of life changing money Pikiel got from Rutgers....he’d go. You’d be a fool not to. Even if you fail, you can retire and coach CYO on the payout. You can live very well in the Albany area on $400k per...or whatever his salary will be. Close to home for both coach and his wife. If UMass or BC or an Ivy comes knocking....all bets are off. 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

I have great admiration for CB, but IMHO, the program was getting more than a little "tired" lately...if that's the right word. The first batch of Aussies was great, Sam and Peter were all time greats and Mike was a solid player. This second batch had high hopes, but Lulka has been a disappointment, Healey has a lot of talent and cannot stay healthy and Hank has been pretty much of a dud. The CremoNichols departure, cover, new transfer rules have all had an impact. Stocking the assistant ranks with ex players creates a silo mentality when fresh ideas and blood were much needed. I hope DK is a massive success and drops anchor at UA for a long, long time. 

If he has massive success ..... a couple years from now .... just insert UAlbany...and the name of from a school with a coach opening at least one tier up...

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Siena-negotiates-with-basketball-coach-Carmen-16036078.php

2 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I think you are probably correct, but there’s always guys like Brennan or Becker at UVM, who hangs in there and gets comfortable winning championships. Like I’ve always said about CB, he was not going to leave UA for $500k per...not with his local connections. But the kind of life changing money Pikiel got from Rutgers....he’d go. You’d be a fool not to. Even if you fail, you can retire and coach CYO on the payout. You can live very well in the Albany area on $400k per...or whatever his salary will be. Close to home for both coach and his wife. If UMass or BC or an Ivy comes knocking....all bets are off. 

The optimism on this guy is through the roof.  We already have him leaving in 4 years because of his future massive success!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jimbo said:

well not if DK takes Albany to the ACC and they build a 12k seat SEFCU

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A. You're supposed to be excited by a new hire (so it's great people are).

B. Coach Killings seems like an awesome dude, very personable and I've only heard good things from people.

C. The program is going to have to live with taking on Coach Tibbs and anything that comes with it now (I get wanting the City Rocks connect).

D.  Show me a presser where a new HC doesn't say he wants to play a fun up-tempo style.

E. I really really hope there ends up a balance. AC's are supposed to be friends with the kids. The HC has to make some incredibly tough decisions the AC's don't. If your whole team likes you all of the time you're doing it way wrong.

F. There's a ton of examples of it not working, but it's rare to find a coach you actually want to hang out with that you want to lead your program. I'd want to hang out with Jimmy Patsos, I wouldn't want to hang out with Will Brown. One I'd want to lead my program, the other I wouldn't want anywhere near it.

G. No matter what the Will Brown era is over so it's not one vs the other for me now. This is Coach Killings show and hopefully it leads to good things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Couldn't watch the presser today. Tried to go to the UA website to see if I could watch it "On-Demand"

It seems that who ever runs the video has left the stream going and never ended the feed. All you see now is the podium and the background, music is playing, and it still lists as broadcasting live. If that's the case, it's about as UA as can be LOL. If anyone in the AD is reading this, please end the feed so fans can watch the replay!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Couldn't watch the presser today. Tried to go to the UA website to see if I could watch it "On-Demand"

It seems that who ever runs the video has left the stream going and never ended the feed. All you see now is the podium and the background, music is playing, and it still lists as broadcasting live. If that's the case, it's about as UA as can be LOL. If anyone in the AD is reading this, please end the feed so fans can watch the replay!

Probably have some great convos recorded that were supposed to be off air if that's the case

For what its worth, I let it play while driving home to see what happened. After about 15 minutes it switched to the intro video with Calipari and such, then about 5 minutes later it seems to have changed, so maybe it just says live as it seems to be working. The player on the website on my phone doesn't allow for fast-forward and reads live. So maybe the AD just needs to edit the video so we don't have to wait for 20 minutes for it to start 

56 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

It's up.  Press conference doesn't start until 50 minutes into the video.

46 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

It's up.  Press conference doesn't start until 50 minutes into the video.

I noticed, and I'm still watching now. You'd think they would have someone edit it before posting, or at least allow fast forward in the video. Can't believe I waited so long to get to it.

Presser is what I expected, said the right things you'd want a new coach to say. Hoping it translates to the court 👍 and the classroom. (Though I noticed he said he wants us to play at big schools and I believe all the ones he names we have played at. So a little more research may be needed 😊)

So is this where we are at with names for the staff?

Head Coach:Killings

Top Assistant(?):Tibbs(7 years at UVM)

Other Assistants Seen Mentioned online: 

-Matt Griffin (High School Coach no D1 experience) https://aopathletics.org/news/2019/6/13/boys-basketball-matt-griffin-named-athletic-director-at-roman.aspx

-Raheem Mapp (Director of basketball operations for Temple for five years, no direct coaching experience) .. Rodger tweeted it then deleted it it https://owlsports.com/staff-directory/raheem-mapp/365

Edited by MRSGDG