Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

Last Up: L (21-7) vs Stony Brook
Next Up: @ Delaware (3-0 with one game postponed)
Time/Date: 4/3/21 @ 12:00PM EST
TV/Streaming: FloFootball ($12.50/mo)
Local Radio: ESPN 104.5

 

Through 3 games (SB game not included):

2021-03-27-19-49-05-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

Edited by Eli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bob87 said:

Limited tickets went on sale at Delaware in pods of 2 or 4 at 10am this morning on Delaware site

Road trip to Newark, DE?  .... Even with my second vaccination shot.... Safer watching 👀this game from afar...even better not at all...😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

This announcement was actually made a week ago. I have been trying since then to get some information from the ticket department about (1) why the new ticket portal was still not working (2) why GDAC and priority points were not updated to the portal as promised and (3) if tickets would be available for this weekends Lacrosse game.

Answering (3) first, Benson per the above article is STILL evaluating the above criterion. He has only had a WHOLE year to come up with a re-opening plan. Fire him NOW, YESTERDAY, SOON  pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

(2) the new portal IS still having issues merging with the old system. Donations, GDAC, priorities, parking, etc. will be handled in-house manually until June or July. {quote--don't worry our base is "small" enough to handle manually.} If it is really that "small" doesn't say much for UA's marketing, fund raising, etc.

(1) the ticket portal will run only when an event is available. Ticket manager is waiting for the go ahead to post an event. Was suppose to happen 3/29 or 3/30--has NOT. Again, they have had 9 months to work on this new portal. Many/most of us had difficulties signing in and I bet many even gave up trying. Also, I tried to update payment information and found no-way to do so. Manger guessing it "should" be available when an event is posted; but NOT sure if old/onfile payment option will be carried forward??

 

Edited by dslyank
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dslyank said:

This announcement was actually made a week ago. I have been trying since then to get some information from the ticket department about (1) why the new ticket portal was still not working (2) why GDAC and priority points were not updated to the portal as promised and (3) if tickets would be available for this weekends Lacrosse game.

Answering (3) first, Benson per the above article is STILL evaluating the above criterion. He has only had a WHOLE year to come up with a re-opening plan. Fire him NOW, YESTERDAY, SOON  pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

(2) the new portal IS still having issues merging with the old system. Donations, GDAC, priorities, parking, etc. will be handled in-house manually until June or July. {quote--don't worry our base is "small" enough to handle manually.} If it is really that "small" doesn't say much for UA's marketing, fund raising, etc.

(1) the ticket portal will run only when an event is available. Ticket manager is waiting for the go ahead to post an event. Was suppose to happen 3/29 or 3/30--has NOT. Again, they have had 9 months to work on this new portal. Many/most of us had difficulties signing in and I bet many even gave up trying. Also, I tried to update payment information and found no-way to do so. Manger guessing it "should" be available when an event is posted; but NOT sure if old/onfile payment option will be carried forward??

 

Yeah, #3 is inexcusable. That's $iena leadership if I ever saw it. Did that guy think we'd be in pandemic lockdown forever? How does the department not have 10 plans to put into action at moments notice? This reeks of the seat fiasco all over again.

The technology stuff is a little bit more understandable but still pretty piss poor (considering I work in the industry). But #3? That's no bueno. For the admin staff reading this...print it out and paste it on the board for the next meeting as an agenda item.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 10:29 AM, bob87 said:

Limited tickets went on sale at Delaware in pods of 2 or 4 at 10am this morning on Delaware site

Bob, I hope you have not left yet. 

ps Volleyball home tomorrow night for AmEast championship. Wonder if they will let fans in??

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Bob, I hope you have not left yet. 

ps Volleyball home tomorrow night for AmEast championship. Wonder if they will let fans in??

I have checked UAlbanysports.com .....went to tickets .... nothing ....short turn around .... UAlbany sports administration not likely prepared to deal with fans in the stands at the moment .... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't seen anything on tickets for any Albany game either home or away  for the next few weeks other than Delaware football that I mentioned earlier in the week. Obviously that is now moot. Dslyank, I had already cancelled my hotel last night. Too difficult to line up other games at this point. I was hoping to see Mets at washington or ian anderson pitch for the braves at phillies on the way back. I will wait until next trip to Delaware in October. By then hopefully there will be plenty of Friday and Sunday options 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Eli changed the title to Game #5: 4/3/21 - 12:00PM @ Delaware [CANCELLED]

My brother (a Delaware resident - UAlbany graduate) was in Newark DE yesterday....there still a discussion going on about the cancellation of the game.... and the resulting impact on downtown area after the game...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...