Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

I’ll say it. They see record, they see who they have left & they see only 1 home game left w/ no fans. If the record was different, they would finish the season. Sounds like a staff trying to protect their jobs 🤔🙄.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GreatDanes06 said:

I’ll say it. They see record, they see who they have left & they see only 1 home game left w/ no fans. If the record was different, they would finish the season. Sounds like a staff trying to protect their jobs 🤔🙄.

There’s absolutely nothing to play for if you were 4-0 also. All the players have another year of eligibility anyway. Why risk getting hurt when there’s zero to play for.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

There’s absolutely nothing to play for if you were 4-0 also. All the players have another year of eligibility anyway. Why risk getting hurt when there’s zero to play for.

Then why did they even start the season?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GreatDanes06 said:

this sports season has been trash. I don’t believe this for crap

This is not a lie.  There are a HUGE amount of starters injured...and backups.  I mean massive.  We have a ridiculous schedule for the fall...this spring season was a joke and should not have been played, safety wise with the amount of run-up allowed.  I'd rather sit it out...and get guys healthy.

Zero issues with this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with D96. Save us from watching the eye sore that was our spring team. Lets get back to normalcy in the fall.

Edited by Eli
Link to post
Share on other sites

NINE players went to the Bone and Joint specialists after the game this weekend.  Add that to the 4 key players out for the Stoney Brook game and it looks like the team is decimated [The starters].  They could play all young guys and maybe get some more injured because they are not ready.  Probably the best decision they could have made. We'll see.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dane96 said:

This is not a lie.  There are a HUGE amount of starters injured...and backups.  I mean massive.  We have a ridiculous schedule for the fall...this spring season was a joke and should not have been played, safety wise with the amount of run-up allowed.  I'd rather sit it out...and get guys healthy.

Zero issues with this.

The only issue I have with this they should NEVER have started this ridiculous SPRING SEASON.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

NINE players went to the Bone and Joint specialists after the game this weekend.  Add that to the 4 key players out for the Stoney Brook game and it looks like the team is decimated [The starters].  They could play all young guys and maybe get some more injured because they are not ready.  Probably the best decision they could have made. We'll see.

I seem to recall a sense of optisism prior to the start of this season....the different threads on recruitment...transfers....the hype coming from UAlbany Football via their Instagram account....50 plus years of following UAlbany .... college sports ... I have no recollection of something like this... I concur with HOF2013 thoughts....however; Long term impact: to be seen because every action has a reaction

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Capital District is awaken to a rare sports day  in the Albany Times Union printed addition  .... sports section... UAlbany has the two lead stories...stories above the crease ........  one of them is football

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-football-opts-out-of-remainder-of-spring-16067367.php

I posted the other story under the appropriate section for that Lacrosse story

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those not paying attention, or in the know, what I told Click was going to happen, happened: UNH and URI cancelled their season as well.

As much as there are many things I wish our ADept and ADirector would improve on, it was very much $ienaty for people to think this was done because we were losing.  Basically, most of the CAA wasn't for this spring season, it was the southern teams that wanted it. 

Glad more than Albany came to their senses. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, Dane96 said:

For those not paying attention, or in the know, what I told Click was going to happen, happened: UNH and URI cancelled their season as well.

As much as there are many things I wish our ADept and ADirector would improve on, it was very much $ienaty for people to think this was done because we were losing.  Basically, most of the CAA wasn't for this spring season, it was the southern teams that wanted it. 

Glad more than Albany came to their senses. 

100% agree. And WISH UNH, RI and the Rest of the "northeast" components and maybe a few more would GET OUT of the caa; and form their own league!  Been saying this for years; even before we ultimately joined the caa. I know most/many of you disagree; but still think there is IMHO no way the competitive disadvantage of the northeast teams face vs the southern can or will ever be overcome. And the additional cost vs exposure benefits has IMHO been a MYTH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, Dane96 said:

For those not paying attention, or in the know, what I told Click was going to happen, happened: UNH and URI cancelled their season as well.

As much as there are many things I wish our ADept and ADirector would improve on, it was very much $ienaty for people to think this was done because we were losing.  Basically, most of the CAA wasn't for this spring season, it was the southern teams that wanted it. 

Glad more than Albany came to their senses. 

The reason given for URI and UNH was covid protocols and numbers, rather than UA’s reason of too many injured players. In any event, the CAA and it’s spring schedule looks like an overall disaster. 

 

I agree with dslyank, that a new Northeast based conference makes sense. Albany, Maine, Stony Brook, UNH, URI are a nice starting point. Maybe add in Colgate, Holy Cross, Monmouth, Fordham.  That would be a solid and competitive conference. The way UConn and UMass are going, they probably would consider a drop back to FCS (although their fans would scream).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...