UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

7 hours ago, jimbo said:

The reason given for URI and UNH was covid protocols and numbers, rather than UA’s reason of too many injured players. In any event, the CAA and it’s spring schedule looks like an overall disaster. 

I agree with dslyank, that a new Northeast based conference makes sense. Albany, Maine, Stony Brook, UNH, URI are a nice starting point. Maybe add in Colgate, Holy Cross, Monmouth, Fordham.  That would be a solid and competitive conference. The way UConn and UMass are going, they probably would consider a drop back to FCS (although their fans would scream).

All I can say is this, and Click can confirm it: UNH may have said COVID but it was not; I knew about this over a week and half before the announcement was made, from a very inside source at UNH.  I brought it up with Click like a day after our announcement. 

• Like 1

Another chance for AE Football? on AGS is another thread (though much of the discussion revolves around Hartford finances and dropping to D-III) but obviously not all Maine and UNH people are in favor of dropping games with James Madison, Richmond or William & Mary to play what they see are lesser, more regional football programs.

For Delaware, there was icing on the cake:

175121728_854832991734830_7238259409695618488_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=uqf8WEj3EJEAX-2mDXR&edm=APU89FAAAAAA&ccb=7-4&oh=301e16a9245ddeb1db2d170df02f1d0a&oe=60A21443&_nc_sid=86f79a

caafootball @delawarefootball has been selected as the #CAAFB champion and automatic qualifier to the NCAA Football Championship following a vote of the conference’s athletics directors
beboydjmu Boo!
robbiewhit_iv But can you guys beat a real d1 school