Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dslyank said:

YEH! Eli is back. Thanks for the updates. Hope the move is going well.

Thanks! Move has been great, we're all settled in and we're loving it down here! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2021 at 5:33 PM, jimbo said:

I think you are probably correct, but there’s always guys like Brennan or Becker at UVM, who hangs in there and gets comfortable winning championships. Like I’ve always said about CB, he was not going to leave UA for $500k per...not with his local connections. But the kind of life changing money Pikiel got from Rutgers....he’d go. You’d be a fool not to. Even if you fail, you can retire and coach CYO on the payout. You can live very well in the Albany area on $400k per...or whatever his salary will be. Close to home for both coach and his wife. If UMass or BC or an Ivy comes knocking....all bets are off. 

Please contact me for your Florida Man survival guide.  Lessons include:

- How to survive red tide.

- Grouper, its the best fish.

- How to say no to an invitation to the gun range.

- Golf carts are a legitimate means of transportation.

- Why toads are scarier than alligators.

- Political views are best expressed by a boat flag.

- Just what in the hell is pickleball.

-Yes, people really do drink like senior year of college here...every day of the week...regardless of age or medical history.

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Please contact me for your Florida Man survival guide.  Lessons include:

- How to survive red tide.

- Grouper, its the best fish.

- How to say no to an invitation to the gun range.

- Golf carts are a legitimate means of transportation.

- Why toads are scarier than alligators.

- Political views are best expressed by a boat flag.

- Just what in the hell is pickleball.

-Yes, people really do drink like senior year of college here...every day of the week...regardless of age or medical history.

Are you sure you meant to quote me? 

 

-We stay inland.....no red tide!

-Grouper tacos, especially blackened grouper tacos are the BEST! 

-I accepted an invite to an indoor range.....banged away with my friend's .22 pistol, while some guy was touching off a cannon to the left of me....even with ear protectors  it was LOUD

-golf carts are the bomb....EZ to park, endless variety and yes, they can pull you over for violations.

-Not sure about the toads...perhaps you can enlighten...unless it's those dog eating sugar cane things...

-They seem to be big on boat flags....or bumper stickers....and always be on the lookout for the yahoos in the pickup truck with the two confederate battle flags in the back. We saw a mini pickup last year that had no bed....just frame behind the cab....and a cooler bungeed to the frame....classic FLA look. 

-pickle ball makes a huge amount of noise...never played it except some practice time in my driveway with a  friend

-I had a course instructor once from Boca Raton...he called FLA "God's waiting room." Why not drink while you're waiting?? 

How did you wind up in Naples? Sean Hannity has a place there for crying out loud! 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

Are you sure you meant to quote me? 

I meant for Eli!

 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

-We stay inland.....no red tide!

Ooff..that just sounds hot.  We're about a mile, mile and a half from the gulf.  Those breezes are helpful!

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

-Grouper tacos, especially blackened grouper tacos are the BEST! 

100%. See.  we can agree on stuff

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

-I accepted an invite to an indoor range.....banged away with my friend's .22 pistol, while some guy was touching off a cannon to the left of me....even with ear protectors  it was LOUD

-golf carts are the bomb....EZ to park, endless variety and yes, they can pull you over for violations.

You can have a street legal one.  Here you can go on any road thats 30MPH or lower as long as you have a license plate, insurance, turn signals and mirrors. 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

-Not sure about the toads...perhaps you can enlighten...unless it's those dog eating sugar cane things...

Yup..those jerks are dangerous.  

 

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

-They seem to be big on boat flags....or bumper stickers....and always be on the lookout for the yahoos in the pickup truck with the two confederate battle flags in the back. We saw a mini pickup last year that had no bed....just frame behind the cab....and a cooler bungeed to the frame....classic FLA look. 

-pickle ball makes a huge amount of noise...never played it except some practice time in my driveway with a  friend

-I had a course instructor once from Boca Raton...he called FLA "God's waiting room." Why not drink while you're waiting?? 

How did you wind up in Naples? Sean Hannity has a place there for crying out loud! 

 

My wife is from here and we moved here recently for her to take over the family real estate biz. 

And yes, Hannity is here as well as Bret Baier and a few other people of that ilk.  Stop reading now if you don't want any editorializing.  The orange fuhrer was here last week at a 30k a plate dinner and I know a few of the people who were there and apparently all he did was drop f-bombs, bitch about McConnell and complain the election was rigged for 90 minutes.  Even my diehard republican friends told hey were a little bored at that point and wanted more substance. And yes, he's running, so i'm thinking of cutting my cable in 2024.

As far as the toads and the tide, Rick Scott lives here and ironically both of those issues are because of government de-regulation of Big Sugar during his time and lead to a lot of the red tide, which affects his house greatly since he has a mansion on the gulf!  And as far as those toads, they were brought in to eat the bugs off the sugar cane...but they can't jump high enough to get at them!!!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I meant for Eli!

 

Ooff..that just sounds hot.  We're about a mile, mile and a half from the gulf.  Those breezes are helpful!

100%. See.  we can agree on stuff

You can have a street legal one.  Here you can go on any road thats 30MPH or lower as long as you have a license plate, insurance, turn signals and mirrors. 

Yup..those jerks are dangerous.  

 

My wife is from here and we moved here recently for her to take over the family real estate biz. 

And yes, Hannity is here as well as Bret Baier and a few other people of that ilk.  Stop reading now if you don't want any editorializing.  The orange fuhrer was here last week at a 30k a plate dinner and I know a few of the people who were there and apparently all he did was drop f-bombs, bitch about McConnell and complain the election was rigged for 90 minutes.  Even my diehard republican friends told hey were a little bored at that point and wanted more substance. And yes, he's running, so i'm thinking of cutting my cable in 2024.

As far as the toads and the tide, Rick Scott lives here and ironically both of those issues are because of government de-regulation of Big Sugar during his time and lead to a lot of the red tide, which affects his house greatly since he has a mansion on the gulf!  And as far as those toads, they were brought in to eat the bugs off the sugar cane...but they can't jump high enough to get at them!!!

 

 

 

I’m sure we agree on lots of stuff. If you like Cuban food, eat at Fernandez The Bull. There’s a couple of them. Corkscrew Sanctuary is real nice. The botanical gardens terrific. Have you found the rumble strips on Immokalee that warn of the slight change in direction? That cracked me up. Anywhere but FLA and it would make no sense. One thing we can probably agree on is the traffic can be intolerable, but coming from Cali it’s probably not so bad. And I’m tired of being lied to by politicians of all stripes....and lied to by the media.....it seems no one can be believed anymore. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I’m sure we agree on lots of stuff. If you like Cuban food, eat at Fernandez The Bull. There’s a couple of them. Corkscrew Sanctuary is real nice. The botanical gardens terrific. Have you found the rumble strips on Immokalee that warn of the slight change in direction? That cracked me up. Anywhere but FLA and it would make no sense. One thing we can probably agree on is the traffic can be intolerable, but coming from Cali it’s probably not so bad. And I’m tired of being lied to by politicians of all stripes....and lied to by the media.....it seems no one can be believed anymore. 

Fernandez the bull catered my rehearsal dinner the night before my wedding. Best hot sauce ever!  Corkscrew is crazy cool

 

Did yiu golf down here? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Traffic is terrible in Tampa. These people can't drive OR maintain cars. I've seen like 3 rollovers, 2 car fires and numerous other accidents in 5 weeks. Probably didn't see that in a year in NY (and they said NY had the worst drivers...probably cause of the cabbies in NYC). One clown was drunk and flew off of I4 into a dealership parking lot (literally) at 110mph (5 min from me). Killed one of her 3 passengers last I knew. 

I was shocked to learn there is no safety inspections (I knew they didn't care about emissions). Basically if it rolls down the road, it's good to go. Now I now why they go up in flames on the side of the road. 

Anyway...DP may want to split this to the off topic section and call it 'Danes Transplants In Heavens Waiting Room' (what I've heard it called) 😂

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eli said:

Traffic is terrible in Tampa. These people can't drive OR maintain cars. I've seen like 3 rollovers, 2 car fires and numerous other accidents in 5 weeks. Probably didn't see that in a year in NY (and they said NY had the worst drivers...probably cause of the cabbies in NYC). One clown was drunk and flew off of I4 into a dealership parking lot (literally) at 110mph (5 min from me). Killed one of her 3 passengers last I knew. 

I was shocked to learn there is no safety inspections (I knew they didn't care about emissions). Basically if it rolls down the road, it's good to go. Now I now why they go up in flames on the side of the road. 

Anyway...DP may want to split this to the off topic section and call it 'Danes Transplants In Heavens Waiting Room' (what I've heard it called) 😂

Bunch of old farts driving...it happens🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Fernandez the bull catered my rehearsal dinner the night before my wedding. Best hot sauce ever!  Corkscrew is crazy cool

 

Did yiu golf down here? 

Cool! I think we golfed at Bonita Fairways (executive course) and San Carlos, up by Estero....not a bad course. Closest I’ve been. We normally stayed nearer to Fort Myers or Fort Myers Beach, but went south from time to time. Yeah, this has totally veered off of recruiting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a great friend, and fellow UA grad, that moved to Naples from Albany about 5 years ago. PM me and I'll get you his contact info if you are still looking for folks to meet. #purplefam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jimbo said:

Cool! I think we golfed at Bonita Fairways (executive course) and San Carlos, up by Estero....not a bad course. Closest I’ve been. We normally stayed nearer to Fort Myers or Fort Myers Beach, but went south from time to time. Yeah, this has totally veered off of recruiting!

Awesome. I live on a course in the center of Naples, by the zoo.  It's pretty fantastic having access to event just a range any time I want!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eli, I hope you and your family are now thriving in the Tampa area. Yes, the traffic situation here in South(east) Florida was something that was difficult to adapt to. Many people blame the New Yawkers for the problem. Others blame the Latin Americans. I've driven in both of those places, so I can believe it. I also blame the people who actually grew up here. In any case, each group has learned the bad habits of the other groups. I have seen people down here do things with their vehicles that stun me., literally stun me. My wife and I also live part of the year in the Finger Lakes area, and it is quite the reversal to compete for road space with Amish and Mennonite carriages. Towards the end of our stay up there whenever my wife sees me pull a boneheaded maneuver with our car, my wife remarks that I must be thinking of driving back in South(east) Florida! She's always right. In any case, I hope UAlbany does the right thing again and schedule some basketball games at USF and UCF. It's only a four-hour drive NORTH for us to get to USF. And, by the way, the best Cuban food in Florida is found right here in the South(east).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, olddog71 said:

Eli, I hope you and your family are now thriving in the Tampa area. Yes, the traffic situation here in South(east) Florida was something that was difficult to adapt to. Many people blame the New Yawkers for the problem. Others blame the Latin Americans. I've driven in both of those places, so I can believe it. I also blame the people who actually grew up here. In any case, each group has learned the bad habits of the other groups. I have seen people down here do things with their vehicles that stun me., literally stun me. My wife and I also live part of the year in the Finger Lakes area, and it is quite the reversal to compete for road space with Amish and Mennonite carriages. Towards the end of our stay up there whenever my wife sees me pull a boneheaded maneuver with our car, my wife remarks that I must be thinking of driving back in South(east) Florida! She's always right. In any case, I hope UAlbany does the right thing again and schedule some basketball games at USF and UCF. It's only a four-hour drive NORTH for us to get to USF. And, by the way, the best Cuban food in Florida is found right here in the South(east).

Yeah drivers here are pretty bad and they come in all shapes, sizes and colors lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...