Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hartford to D3


Recommended Posts

The link is to the Hartford newspaper article....according to the article Hartford is looking to become a DIII in the fall of 2025....so not immediate.... https://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-sp-university-of-hartford-goes-div-iii-20210507-jva2n5pi5nfvvnt2wyr2cz3jde-story.html

However, no matter what... sad to be losing a member of the America East

Edited by cwdickens
clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know the AmEast has a transition plan for teams joining and coming up from a lower level. Anyone know the AmEast or NCAA plan for teams leaving and transitioning down?? Do they stay on the schedule, can they win championships and auto bids?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dslyank said:

I know the AmEast has a transition plan for teams joining and coming up from a lower level. Anyone know the AmEast or NCAA plan for teams leaving and transitioning down?? Do they stay on the schedule, can they win championships and auto bids?

I have no recent recollection of a NCAA D1 school transitioning down to a lower level (usually opposite direction) ... particularly here in the Northeast, adjacent Mid-Atlantic and Ohio/Michigan/Indiana/Illinois area  .... Based on the articles read... Hartford is now seeking NCAA approval for the move....Does America East have a plan for leaving for this reason... I would be surprised if they did.... Is Hartford still eligible conference championships? ....I have sent an email to Amy Hutchchausen and Chad Dwyer at America East...   Just an fyi .... Utica College was the last school I recalled that moved from D1 to D3 ... early 1980's....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I have read Hartford will stop offering scholarships come 2022-23, with the transition in to Fall of 2025. So this is gonna start impacting Hartford very quick despite the slow movement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Coach Gallagher:

UHart's John Gallagher: I am extremely disappointed in the Board of Regents vote yesterday. We met as a team today & we made a united decision we are staying together to play next season. We will fight hard to repeat our success & continue to elevate this program to new heights.

 

Man I tell you what Hartford administration doesn't deserve to have Gallagher, his staff or the players on the roster.  These people are world class acts and deserve nothing but or RESPECT.  I feel bad for all of them hope they have a good season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, B9j2j6s said:

From Coach Gallagher:

UHart's John Gallagher: I am extremely disappointed in the Board of Regents vote yesterday. We met as a team today & we made a united decision we are staying together to play next season. We will fight hard to repeat our success & continue to elevate this program to new heights.

 

Man I tell you what Hartford administration doesn't deserve to have Gallagher, his staff or the players on the roster.  These people are world class acts and deserve nothing but our RESPECT.  I feel bad for all of them hope they have a good season.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every coach (including Gallagher) at the University of Hartford now find themselves in a difficult career position however; each has some time to plan an exit strategy however this impacts the D1 athletes that remain.  The timing of the announcement is bad.... opportunities to transfer loss.... scholarships... my understanding is that the University of Hartford will honor any existing scholarship and/or scholarship offer until spring 2025 ..... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just an update: I have received no acknowledgement to my email to the America East Conference; further the America East website has not noted the announcement by the University of Hartford.  No surprise on either fronts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please follow to news article from the New Haven Register.  The article provides a clearer time frame and comments from Hartford men's basketball coach John Gallagher....along with the dollar and cents reasons for the decision....we should all take note of the cost....this is not just a Hartford problem... https://www.nhregister.com/sports/article/Hartford-s-John-Gallagher-Extremely-16160896.php

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, cwdickens said:

Just an update: I have received no acknowledgement to my email to the America East Conference; further the America East website has not noted the announcement by the University of Hartford.  No surprise on either fronts.

Nothing has changed....no reply to my email and no announcement on AmericaEast.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I had sent an email to Amy Hutchchausen and Chad Dwyer at America East back on May 9, 2021.....never replied....appears we have detached conference administration....they are there to serve the conference schools, athletes and fans alike. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...