UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Update on UAlbany Football Season Tickets - 2021

Not going to get more political except to say there is not a chance in hell I will be providing any proof of anything.  None of anybody's business, especially that A-hole Cuomo!!!!  

There is nothing legal about what he has done and is doing.  He has lost repeatedly in court on the issue when challenged!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was told Neuline was bought out and they more than doubled their cost to UA. I was told UA could simply "not afford" the new Neuline.  How the he¬¬ much can a ticket service possibly cost?  Besides we pay a fee/service charge every time we order tickets?????? 

16 hours ago, dslyank said:

I was told Neuline was bought out and they more than doubled their cost to UA. I was told UA could simply "not afford" the new Neuline.  How the he¬¬ much can a ticket service possibly cost?  Besides we pay a fee/service charge every time we order tickets?????? 

You do realize that there is a "cheap" side to UAlbany Athletic Department....based on my observations from Instagram postings...huge push on coaches and staff to hit the road recruiting....all sports ... particularly with teams with past success (ex. volleyball) as well men's basketball...

They'd have more money for proper ticket vendors if they weren't alienating hundreds of fans each game by charging asinine prices for parking. They think they are making money when in fact they are losing money (lower attendance means lower ticket sales means lower concession sales means less money period). They operate like NY instead of like FL. NY? High taxes, people moving out in droves, so less overall monies to fund the budget. FL? Lower property taxes/no income tax, people moving in in droves (I'm one of them), people spending more, which means more money for the budget. I dunno, basic economics to me...

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2021 at 7:52 AM, cwdickens said:

You do realize that there is a "cheap" side to UAlbany Athletic Department....based on my observations from Instagram postings...huge push on coaches and staff to hit the road recruiting....all sports ... particularly with teams with past success (ex. volleyball) as well men's basketball...

DUH!

• 4 weeks later...

I keep seeing concession revenue in conversations on attendance. Until a new contract is in place, please stop using this in your calculations of revenue. The athletic department could care less how much is sold during games. They have a contract with the current vendor, awarded from an RFP, where the vendor rents space at a certain rate. No matter what they sell or don't sell, UA collects the same. 

This could change in the next contract, so the more butts in the seats today will mean more competition and better bids during the next contract, but for today it makes no difference. 

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

FYI all.  Got an email today saying football balance and GDAC can now be paid. Linked to my account, but did not see how or where to pay the GDAC? Also, 10% SENIOR discount not applied. I emailed Nate; have not received an answer yet.

Still trying to get my ticketing problem sorted out. The per ticket cost on the latest email does not match the per ticket cost on Ticket Return. At least in my case. My best advice at the moment is to go in person or send a check. I’ll never use this Ticket Return thing again, I can tell you that much. 

So I logged into the portal.

Looks like I can pay $15 for each game? I don't need to buy them all? I also see nothing mentioned about GDAC. My balance due was $28 ($3 of which was a web fee - I think I paid $53 last time w/ a fee also which puts me at $75).

My understanding is that Section 205 is $75 for ticket + $75 contribution for $150 total. I've completed the payment for my ticket, but I see NOTHING on my profile for the contribution.

Edited by Eli

1 hour ago, Eli said:

So I logged into the portal.

Looks like I can pay $15 for each game? I don't need to buy them all? I also see nothing mentioned about GDAC. My balance due was $28 ($3 of which was a web fee - I think I paid $53 last time?).

My understanding is that Section 205 is $75 for ticket + $75 contribution for $150 total. I see NOTHING on my profile for the contribution.

This place has apparently been in business for 20 years.  I’ve no idea whether to blame them or the UA ticket office. At the bottom is the Seating preference donation, which I can only assume is the GDAC contribution.  But the thing appears so utterly screwed up it’s hard to tell. 

In the past, the ticket pricing was sight forward there was a two seat min for gold seats cost X amount of dollars per season plus GDAC $500.00 donation....why deviate from this is beyond me.....Nat Mason...Justin Brown and others have been around for awhile....keeping it simple always works best....however my though is Mark Benson is attempting to collect more donations

Got an email from Nate he is working on resolving the issues. Hopes to have things in order early next week????????? Nate & Erica have always been super helpful. I don't envy them trying to work with this new system. Justin Brown also.  Last month Justin told me he is more frustrated than me with the new system. Pretty hard to be more frustrated than us fans; but I guess they have to deal with all of us and are saddled with this monstrosity of a program.

14 hours ago, dslyank said:

Got an email from Nate he is working on resolving the issues. Hopes to have things in order early next week????????? Nate & Erica have always been super helpful. I don't envy them trying to work with this new system. Justin Brown also.  Last month Justin told me he is more frustrated than me with the new system. Pretty hard to be more frustrated than us fans; but I guess they have to deal with all of us and are saddled with this monstrosity of a program.

After firing off a couple more emails, I got another response from Erica...who I must say has been helpful and friendly throughout. The explanation for the overcharge that was provided by Ticket Return seems lame at best, but I am not well versed in what makes web page payment systems tick. If things are as bad as you relate from your interactions with Nate and Justin, I guess I'm certainly not alone in my frustration. I'm still due a sizable refund, which apparently may take longer to process...don't they always? Take it to the bank that I will never use this automated system again. Back to a check in the mail.