UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Update on UAlbany Football Season Tickets - 2021

My account now seems to reflect the correct amount owed. I am going to wait a few days before I pay. Especially since my required GDAC simply shows as an addition to the ticketed amount. Technically it should show as a donation to the UAlbany Foundation. In the past, paying for tickets, I was required to enter my credit card twice; once for the seats to UA Athletics and once to the Foundation. Also, the foundation payment was always allowed to be paid in installments and we were allowed to delegate the GDAC amount/s to sports of our preference. So far I have NOT seen that flexibility in the "new" program. Perhaps when I actually do make the payment, I'll see a similar breakdown. But I doubt it.  Also, I got a bad feeling I'll be needing to contact Justin about "parking priority." The new system does not seem to mention it in any way? 

What a disaster. Like Jimbo says perhaps "the check in the mail" system is the only hope for the future. {ps. with USPS and its issues, I might recommend for those who can, try check hand delivery.}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

My account now seems to reflect the correct amount owed. I am going to wait a few days before I pay. Especially since my required GDAC simply shows as an addition to the ticketed amount. Technically it should show as a donation to the UAlbany Foundation. In the past, paying for tickets, I was required to enter my credit card twice; once for the seats to UA Athletics and once to the Foundation. Also, the foundation payment was always allowed to be paid in installments and we were allowed to delegate the GDAC amount/s to sports of our preference. So far I have NOT seen that flexibility in the "new" program. Perhaps when I actually do make the payment, I'll see a similar breakdown. But I doubt it.  Also, I got a bad feeling I'll be needing to contact Justin about "parking priority." The new system does not seem to mention it in any way? 

What a disaster. Like Jimbo says perhaps "the check in the mail" system is the only hope for the future. {ps. with USPS and its issues, I might recommend for those who can, try check hand delivery.}

Update: refund was credited! Dyslank, the initial charge was split, with the appropriate amount going to UAlbany Foundation, the other to UA tickets. It was the ticket that was over charged. I don’t like anything about how this is set up. If there are going to be two separate charges, they should spell that out on the screen. The vendor blamed it on my browser being refreshed??? I call BS, but as noted, web payment pages are not in my wheelhouse. No possibility to specify sport as far as I can tell. 

• 2 weeks later...

CW,  Were you able to print a parking pass?  and  Do you know if they will be mailing the tickets & parking for the season in a packet or offering a meet/greet pick-up day as they have done in the past?? Or is printing on our own the only option??

I have been holding off contacting Nate about these questions; hoping that UA would be sending some information without my prodding . Anyhow, if you can't answer these question, no problem. Eventually, I'll contact Nate, if I have to. THANKS!

ps. GDAC donation made 8/3 does NOT show in donor portal yet.

Edited by dslyank

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Man this is so frustrated...no idea how to buy parking passes, didn't charge me for GDAC donation....infuriating. 

No return call, no reply to email...how did things get so bad...considering the ticket office has been doing this for a long time....

HELP. I saw/received instructions and justifications for entering tickets into one's phone. The instructions and explanation why printed ticketing would not be allowed this year was annoying me; so I quit the file. I thought this was on the UalbanySports web page; but when I went back to it again, I could not find it??? Maybe it was an email; but I did not find any links there?? Maybe I dreamt the whole thing up??

If anyone knows where these instructions were/are I would greatly appreciate your HELP. 

The instructions said as I re-call, even if you buy tickets at the door you MUST have a phone; how weird is that. Also, if you have multiple tickets and people coming at different times; you must transfer/send each a "copy"? Wow, if I had enough friends which I don't, I could fill the place with my single seat. Obviously, they would catch the hoax @ the gate; but it would be a gas trying this out. What the instructions/justifications did NOT have was anything on PARKING???

Anyhow, sorry about complaining to you all; when I really am only asking for HELP finding this procedure again. THANKS

LOL....how many issues can there be.....never saw PHONE ONLY option for tickets ...so why was I allowed to download my tickets as a PDF file ..... then I printed my tickets... this has reached insanity.....cannot believe the confusion

Edited by cwdickens
update

Where are the Athletic Departments members who frequent this forum (we know they do and we know a few specifically do by name)? Why is nothing being done or customer concerns being alleviated? Why are they waiting for US to call THEM? Clearly they know it's broken...they need to be proactive. Emails. Calls. Heck, even screen recordings of how to do certain things because that site is complete garbage (ie 'training videos'). And they also need to let us know what the future plan is for that portal because this cannot be left as is. Is there a planned update to the system? Are we going to switch vendors at the first opportunity? So many questions and zero answers.

I likely won't be attending any UA events this year unless UA BB is playing during my Christmas trip home so my 'paying for tickets' is really a donation to UA Sports (and as such I don't really care about my GDAC standing or parking passes) but the rest of you, I truly feel bad for ya'll. Hope the AD shapes up soon so you guys can enjoy UA sports again!

11 hours ago, Eli said:

Where are the Athletic Departments members who frequent this forum (we know they do and we know a few specifically do by name)? Why is nothing being done or customer concerns being alleviated? Why are they waiting for US to call THEM? Clearly they know it's broken...they need to be proactive. Emails. Calls. Heck, even screen recordings of how to do certain things because that site is complete garbage (ie 'training videos'). And they also need to let us know what the future plan is for that portal because this cannot be left as is. Is there a planned update to the system? Are we going to switch vendors at the first opportunity? So many questions and zero answers.

I likely won't be attending any UA events this year unless UA BB is playing during my Christmas trip home so my 'paying for tickets' is really a donation to UA Sports (and as such I don't really care about my GDAC standing or parking passes) but the rest of you, I truly feel bad for ya'll. Hope the AD shapes up soon so you guys can enjoy UA sports again!

No one visible yesterday at the entrances, field or stands....really did not expect anyone of importance to show up from sports admin....

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Found the link under individual game day tickets. Will play with it. Will let you know how it works if anyone likes.

update: found the instructions; followed to a T; got R.I. game to show up; however no box for a √ to add to wallet; tapped game listing quite hard saw box in the background but would not stay on screen; tried a double click, got the following message "game is not timing yet." If & when this program works, I highly recommend putting ticket in wallet [if you can] well in advance. The thing is so cumbersome if you wait to the day of the game, you'd be lucky to get in by halftime.

Anyone having any better luck than I, getting tickets into you wallet???????

No luck so far in getting the ticketing thing to work. I expected nothing less. Can't even get it to accept my user name and password.  I think they used the same people who coordinated the withdrawal from Afghanistan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jimbo said:

No luck so far in getting the ticketing thing to work. I expected nothing less. Can't even get it to accept my user name and password.  I think they used the same people who coordinated the withdrawal from Afghanistan. 

Update....had to change my password because the old one seemed not to work anymore. Tried the mobile phone approach and it worked, up until it said to load to Apple Wallet...nothing....nothing....nothing. Tried it a couple times. Nothing. Signed out. Went to desktop and tried again. Worked OK, but then there was a thing that says "Print at home tickets are not available at this venue at this time".....crap....I ignored it. A couple of runs through an overly complex form and voila! It downloaded the tickets....and 10, count'em 10 sheets of 8 x 11 later...I at least have hard copies of the tickets. My faith in our AD and this ticketing system has not been restored. Perhaps I'll photograph the tickets and put them on my phone some place. Seems easier than what they have set up.