UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"Across the Nation" by Dwayne Killings and Staff and other happenings - Summer 2021

The road tour continues.... follow the link for details to another exciting day in the life of Dwight Killings.....

199057404_862200987987576_1915507525532832487_n.jpg?tp=1&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=mUmKTliBNqUAX8kd-Dy&edm=APU89FABAAAA&ccb=7-4&oh=0e502cc62bb3feb8586a3ce3d0072c01&oe=60CB1138&_nc_sid=86f79a
ualbany_mbb Our fearless leader @dkillings had the amazing opportunity of joining the “Courtside with Greenberg & Dakick” podcast yesterday and we would love for you to listen‼️ LINK IN BIO🗣

• cwdickens changed the title to "Across the Nation" by Dwayne Killings and Staff - June 2021
  • cwdickens changed the title to "Across the Nation" by Dwayne Killings and Staff and other happenings - Summer 2021
2 hours ago, Oldtimer said:

Why do we have to go through all these social media outlets to get news of UA sports?  It is annoying and makes us all available to electronic attacks.

What you do with a posting which includes a link to Instagram is of your choosing just as I choose to follow or not the links in the numerous postings by UAalum72.....UAlbany Athletic Department has chosen to utilize social media, just like the America East, NCAA, MLB, NFL and many others.  If you do not want UAlbany Sports to use social media, please call or send a letter via USPS to Mark Benson.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cwdickens said:

What you do with a posting which includes a link to Instagram is of your choosing just as I choose to follow or not the links in the numerous postings by UAalum72.....UAlbany Athletic Department has chosen to utilize social media, just like the America East, NCAA, MLB, NFL and many others.  If you do not want UAlbany Sports to use social media, please call or send a letter via USPS to Mark Benson.

With all due respect, I think what people are subtly telling you (and have been for many months and even years) is that no one needs a 'social media curator' on this forum (you). We all know where to go if we want to check out menial social media posts like a players birthday...there is no need to make a thread about it. Now, if Benson gets fired and you see it first on social media...by all means, share it! But knowing what the coach had for breakfast on his road trip around the country visiting our players...honestly, no one cares (made up example but that's the low level of 'news' you sometimes link here).

We get excited when we see a new post in the forum only to see that it's an Instagram link to news of Coach changing his socks.

Just sayin. *shrugs*

Edited by Eli
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Eli said:

With all due respect, I think what people are subtly telling you (and have been for many months and even years) is that no one needs a 'social media curator' on this forum (you). We all know where to go if we want to check out menial social media posts like a players birthday...there is no need to make a thread about it. Now, if Benson gets fired and you see it first on social media...by all means, share it! But knowing what the coach had for breakfast on his road trip around the country visiting our players...honestly, no one cares (made up example but that's the low level of 'news' you sometimes link here).

We get excited when we see a new post in the forum only to see that it's an Instagram link to news of Coach changing his socks.

Just sayin. *shrugs*

Eli, you are right that self policing on this sight is important.  Fact checking is important: I never pointed out what Killings had for breakfast on a road trip and I do feel that Doc Sauers and Coach Killings coming together for Doc's birthday was important for reasons  other than it was Doc's birthday; if I only shared what you and many others care about I be limited to football, men's basketball, men's lacrosse and perhaps women's basketball.  Further, I am glad that Oldtimer spoke his mind because I have found little worth reading about lately. People make a choice to come here and they make a choice what they read.  

On lighter note, I hope you and the family are settling in Tampa...and enjoying the community.

I'm just saying what many are thinking is all. You do you, sir.

We've survived our first "hurricane" (I think it blew a leaf off of one of my wifes' rose bushes) so I'd say the settling in is complete :).

UAlbany Athletics- America East- 
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog- 
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980- 
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football- 
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI- 
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick- 
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I think what a lot of us our trying to say:  the very first thing on the top of this blog is a link to UAlbanySports.com; followed closely by Social Media links and numerous other links, that blog members may be interested in. Pretty nearly everyone looks at these links and are at least aware of them before or after or while reading this blog. Some have their favorite social media outlets; some don't use/like social media at all. Each to their own taste and preferences of ways to get UAlbany news and information.

But I think everyone would agree that there is NO NEED to rehash or post event dates, scores, news that is already listed and readily available on UAlbanySports.com and many other media outlets. If you have something/s to ADD or contribute to an event, a score, a news article PLEASE ALWAY DO SO; but just to announce something that 99% of the people on this blog already know or can easily access if interested; serves no useful purpose IMHO.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Dwayne Killings continues his and the MBB program outreach to the Capital District pull from an UAlbany MBB Instagram posting:

ualbany_mbb The Great Danes Back To School Night‼️

📅 8.31.2021
⏲️ 5:00-7:00 PM
📍 SEFCU Arena

Welcoming all students in the capital region👋🏽📚✏️✂️🍕