UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RSVP: UAlbany Football 2021 Season Preview with Coach Gattuso!

Received an email about a zoom conference call about the upcoming season, the text of the message and link to sign up is below:

Great Dane Fans,
UAlbany Football invites you to an exclusive preview of the 2021 season with Head Coach, Greg Gattuso! The virtual event will take place on Wednesday, June 30th at 3 pm. To register for the event Click Here. A Zoom link will be emailed the day of the event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week! 

22 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Received an email about a zoom conference call about the upcoming season, the text of the message and link to sign up is below:

Great Dane Fans,
UAlbany Football invites you to an exclusive preview of the 2021 season with Head Coach, Greg Gattuso! The virtual event will take place on Wednesday, June 30th at 3 pm. To register for the event Click Here. A Zoom link will be emailed the day of the event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week! 

Yep I got it too.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the meeting... a little late...attendance by fans was on the low side..I realize for the working fans hard to explain away this Zoom meeting

Points made....

• Great schedule...nice opportunities to play teams at our level plus the Syracuse game (a few points by others on this game)
  • Players healing well from injuries...the decision to close down the season has proven to be the best move, allowing players additional time to heal
  • Discussion about the NCAA giving players an extra year eligibility....comment from Greg...we are only going to 63 scholarship players...budget reasons
  • More attention to players weight...too many players came in high side of their weight
  • Fund raising.....the need for raising funds is critical .... the locker room is in need of renovation (last renovated 2001) ... recently recruits have commented on its condition....fund recruiting trips

Again, I wish more of our retired alumni attended.....please note points listed are those i heard and remembered

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Eli said:

Yeah they really need to stop doing this at 3PM. I was in a meeting at that time and couldn't join.

I am retired and I rather have these meetings in the evening...however; it came up and without going deep into the story.... Gregg and his staff are enjoying time with their families in the evening during off season before the craziness begins again

11 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I am retired and I rather have these meetings in the evening...however; it came up and without going deep into the story.... Gregg and his staff are enjoying time with their families in the evening during off season before the craziness begins again

I was glad I was able to attend. I would not have been able had it been at 7pm as I was at a baseball game then. 

They did allude to they would do others at different times 

• Like 1

I was also glad to attend.  I sent a follow-up message to Coach G about fundraising for a new locker room as was done with the men's lacrosse team.  That was 100K if I remember correctly.  A new FB locker room would be several times that I would guess.   

On 6/30/2021 at 4:25 PM, cwdickens said:

I attended the meeting... a little late...attendance by fans was on the low side..I realize for the working fans hard to explain away this Zoom meeting

Points made....

• Great schedule...nice opportunities to play teams at our level plus the Syracuse game (a few points by others on this game)
  • Players healing well from injuries...the decision to close down the season has proven to be the best move, allowing players additional time to heal
  • Discussion about the NCAA giving players an extra year eligibility....comment from Greg...we are only going to 63 scholarship players...budget reasons
  • More attention to players weight...too many players came in high side of their weight
  • Fund raising.....the need for raising funds is critical .... the locker room is in need of renovation (last renovated 2001) ... recently recruits have commented on its condition....fund recruiting trips

Again, I wish more of our retired alumni attended.....please note points listed are those i heard and remembered

You got it well covered.