UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2021 CAA Autumn Preseason Predication, Preseason All Conference Team and Weekly Conference Awards

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Not that pre-season polls mean anything??  But looks like the CAA thinks the "spring season" was more in-line with who/what UA is, than the "one" good season they had in the past seven. i.e. 2019 a FLUKE??

Less pressure on the team. Honestly, JUC's 2019 success was tied in no small part to Green and Reeves. I didn't really see any deep threat emerge in the spring. So, unless some receivers emerge, JUC might be having to try too hard...and we know where that leads. All that said, I think TO and Mike Gray will be great possession receivers and have the potential to be much more. 2020 was such a skewed up year for football that it's really hard to tell what will show up in 2021.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

Less pressure on the team. Honestly, JUC's 2019 success was tied in no small part to Green and Reeves. I didn't really see any deep threat emerge in the spring. So, unless some receivers emerge, JUC might be having to try too hard...and we know where that leads. All that said, I think TO and Mike Gray will be great possession receivers and have the potential to be much more. 2020 was such a skewed up year for football that it's really hard to tell what will show up in 2021.

Got a couple of transfers coming in....

9 hours ago, cwdickens said:

pre-season polls mean little and the spring season meant nothing.  Gotta play to see how it goes and who wins what.  I always approach every season with optimism.

Was pretty disgusted with Gattuso's comment that he would NOT enforce covid vax. He trusts his players to do the right thing for the team. He is the leader and if the season is lost or significant players are quarantined, and games are lost because of this {or worse people die}, IT IS ON HIM! I get the whole liberty and personal freedom thing; but there comes a point IMHO where our leaders must take charge and mandate for the GOOD of the ALL. And I say this for leaders across the country not just Gattuso. This covid thing has gone on too long because of the feeble excuse "its my personal freedom." Not that anyone is asking anyone to cut off an arm or a leg; and the military draft was ended what 50 years ago. Jesses just asking people to get a shot to protect themselves and OTHERS and if they don't believe the SCIENCE maybe its time to mandate they comply.

END OF RANT.

Edited by dslyank

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 10:16 AM, dslyank said:

Was pretty disgusted with Gattuso's comment that he would NOT enforce covid vax. He trusts his players to do the right thing for the team. He is the leader and if the season is lost or significant players are quarantined, and games are lost because of this {or worse people die}, IT IS ON HIM! I get the whole liberty and personal freedom thing; but there comes a point IMHO where our leaders must take charge and mandate for the GOOD of the ALL. And I say this for leaders across the country not just Gattuso. This covid thing has gone on too long because of the feeble excuse "its my personal freedom." Not that anyone is asking anyone to cut off an arm or a leg; and the military draft was ended what 50 years ago. Jesses just asking people to get a shot to protect themselves and OTHERS and if they don't believe the SCIENCE maybe its time to mandate they comply.

END OF RANT.

Update. Yesterday CAA officially ruled, team that can not play a game due to covid will FORFEIT! If both teams at fault--NO CONTEST. Gattuso must enforce VAX. IF he choose to fight this, I'm asking for my money back for my season ticket. I will NOT support a coach or team that choose's individual choice over the GOOD of the TEAM and the COMMUNITY. Please do not get me wrong, there absolutely is a time & place to FIGHT with all your might for individual RIGHTS & FREEDOMS!! IMHO covid vaccination is NOT.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dslyank said:

Update. Yesterday CAA officially ruled, team that can not play a game due to covid will FORFEIT! If both teams at fault--NO CONTEST. Gattuso must enforce VAX. IF he choose to fight this, I'm asking for my money back for my season ticket. I will NOT support a coach or team that choose's individual choice over the GOOD of the TEAM and the COMMUNITY. Please do not get me wrong, there absolutely is a time & place to FIGHT with all your might for individual RIGHTS & FREEDOMS!! IMHO covid vaccination is NOT.

If I could give this every like in the world.  

• cwdickens changed the title to 2021 CAA Autumn Preseason Predication, Preseason All Conference Team and Weekly Conference Awards