UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany WBB 2021 - 2022 Schedule

47 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I don't know if it changed, but isn't SUNY Canton still a 2 year school / Juco type program? Of all the non D1 SUNY teams to play they could have scheduled HVCC or Sage or something... Why Canton?

D3 program...four year. 

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

I don't know if it changed, but isn't SUNY Canton still a 2 year school / Juco type program? Of all the non D1 SUNY teams to play they could have scheduled HVCC or Sage or something... Why Canton?

State University of New York College of Technology at Canton, awarding bachelor's  degrees since 1997.

Member of the North Atlantic Conference, as Wiki says Potsdam and Plattsburgh are blocking their admission to SUNYAC.

4 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

State University of New York College of Technology at Canton, awarding bachelor's  degrees since 1997.

Member of the North Atlantic Conference, as Wiki says Potsdam and Plattsburgh are blocking their admission to SUNYAC.

Thanks for the answers guys. I grew up in Potsdam and my Mom was a professor at SUNY Canton, but she retired in 97 and I left upstate to move to Albany a few years before that. Never paid attention to the schools there. I remember the "ATC" days....

Cent. Conn. St. next up for our ladies. CCS is 2-6. Pretty tough schedule, with losses to a real good Quinnipiac team, U-Mass, Rutgers, and Syracuse. Have played 3 AE teams: lost to U-Mass Lowell and NJIT by 7 and beat an 0-10 Hartford team by 23. They have an interim head coach and a junior guard (# 1) named Forever Toppin. That’s right, Forever. BTW our Freja Werth named AE Rookie of the Week.

I guess you can live by the 3 against teams like Hartford. Hopefully they won’t get off 26 or more of them against us. Would be nice to get a win, go to 6-4 and then open up AE play against those Hartford Hawks. Usually go to Hartford for weekend afternoon games, but Thursday at 5:oo might be a problem. We’ll see.

4 hours ago, statefan said:

When I went to download my ticket, it showed a game vs Union for 12/28, which does not appear on the website.  I don't know why a game would be inserted 2 days before the conference opener, but, then again, what do I know?

There was a tweet on the women's basketball account after last Saturday game got cancelled that they were looking for a game vs a D3 on 12/28 to replace the cancelled game. What happened if anything after that, I didn't see

10 hours ago, Alum76 said:

Kayla Cooper gets to the free throw line more than any other  lady Great Dane, however, she has the lowest free throw percentage (currently at 45%).  Hope this will improve as the season progresses.

10 hours ago, tnehurley said:

Agree about Kayla. Real good player, lots of energy. A scorer. She has a real good stroke from the floor—her short, turn-around jump shots are high percentage. Hasn’t translated that stroke to the FT line though. Have to believe that it will as we move forward.

I remember hearing the same about Blake Metcalf's FT. Don't think it ever happened