UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

18 minutes ago, jimbo said:

34% winning percentage in the CAA, 9 losses in a row...yup, phenomenal. Phenomenal that he still cashes a paycheck....

I mean he's gotta be delusional...right? How else can you explain it...at least just stick to game coverage but to go out of his way to praise this so called coach who's getting his ass kicked week in and week out for 7 out of the 8 years? Fans aren't stupid! We know a pile of $iena when we see it. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Another disappointing loss.  I had to run out at halftime and missed most of the second half but in the first half, Parker dropped an easy touchdown pass, Oedekoven just missed a touchdown pass (it was a little overthrown but it appeared to be catchable).  The punter dropped a snap - it was raining but it was waist high.  Disappointing because he had similar issues in the spring.  We’re not good enough for drops and fumbles.

Also, on the last couple of drives when Undercuffler kept throwing the fade or corner routes reminded me how consistently Juwan Green made those catches in 2019 (Parker did make the one catch late in the game). A lot of them are jump balls but we’re not making many of those catches.

Anyway, I’m going out on a limb and predicting a win next week against Maine.

1 minute ago, reeder said:

Another disappointing loss.  I had to run out at halftime and missed most of the second half but in the first half, Parker dropped an easy touchdown pass, Oedekoven just missed a touchdown pass (it was a little overthrown but it appeared to be catchable).  The punter dropped a snap - it was raining but it was waist high.  Disappointing because he had similar issues in the spring.  We’re not good enough for drops and fumbles.

Also, on the last couple of drives when Undercuffler kept throwing the fade or corner routes reminded me how consistently Juwan Green made those catches in 2019 (Parker did make the one catch late in the game). A lot of them are jump balls but we’re not making many of those catches.

Anyway, I’m going out on a limb and predicting a win next week against Maine.

Better be...Maine blows...if not Maine there is no hope.

Edited by Clickclack

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

34% winning percentage in the CAA, 9 losses in a row...yup, phenomenal. Phenomenal that he still cashes a paycheck....

2 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I mean he's gotta be delusional...right? How else can you explain it...at least just stick to game coverage but to go out of his way to praise this so called coach who's getting his ass kicked week in and week out for 7 out of the 8 years? Fans aren't stupid! We know a pile of $iena when we see it. 

Everyone needs to seriously chill out, especially when it comes to judging Gold Old GG.

If you selectively apply just 87 points to all six of the games, this team is undefeated with wins against a sub .500 FBS team and the gold standard of FCS, and is ranked high in the polls with a clear path to the FCS playoffs.

87 points!  That's it.  You can score that in just one basketball game.

People need to remember that it isn't about winning football games.  It is about how well you can rationalize the losses.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

😂 Looking at 0-6...one winning season and this is what Rodger says...unreal.

4 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Wyland is an absolute joke...the man seriously keeps singing the praises of Gattuso and that they played well. SMH...I can't...this dude is biggest hack I've ever seen. 

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

1 hour ago, haggyland said:

Everyone needs to seriously chill out, especially when it comes to judging Gold Old GG.

If you selectively apply just 87 points to all six of the games, this team is undefeated with wins against a sub .500 FBS team and the gold standard of FCS, and is ranked high in the polls with a clear path to the FCS playoffs.

87 points!  That's it.  You can score that in just one basketball game.

People need to remember that it isn't about winning football games.  It is about how well you can rationalize the losses.

I'm dyin. These posts are gold. Haggy had me in the first half though lol. Roger is absolutely brutal to listen too and the dude is such a homer. I hate listening to other teams' guys when they are homers and I can only imagine how people feel about Roger.

This program is such trash. What was that playcall at the end of the 2nd half? Try a long FG, can't be any worse. Instead, we throw it and it gets picked. What if that went for 6? Stupid stupid stupid idiots.

Edited by Eli

2 hours ago, Eli said:

I'm dyin. These posts are gold. Haggy had me in the first half though lol. Roger is absolutely brutal to listen too and the dude is such a homer. I hate listening to other teams' guys when they are homers and I can only imagine how people feel about Roger.

This program is such trash. What was that playcall at the end of the 2nd half? Try a long FG, can't be any worse. Instead, we throw it and it gets picked. What if that went for 6? Stupid stupid stupid idiots.

This is where you lose all credibility. (If you have any remaining) Plenty of things to complain about but we get a total nonsense post. Presume you mean second quarter not second half. At end of second quarter the ball was on the 44 or 45 yard line. Absolutely zero chance to hit a 62 yard field goal. Only bad things could happen there . Block FG or whatever. 

I would have been one thing to complain that the offense couldn't move another 10 to 20 yards to at least have a legit chance for a FG, but instead we get the most ridiculous complaint possible

7 hours ago, Eli said:

IMHO the best call at the end of the first half would have been to take a knee. I actually thought they would do that. But no. The D played their butts off again. But it’s only 1/3 of the team. The D is playing well enough to win, but the O is dreadful and the ST’s are providing negative points. This is not a winning formula. It was bad game conditions, but we didn’t see Nova make mistakes that cost points. They made us pay for our mistakes. We couldn’t cash the checks. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jimbo said:

IMHO the best call at the end of the first half would have been to take a knee. I actually thought they would do that. But no. The D played their butts off again. But it’s only 1/3 of the team. The D is playing well enough to win, but the O is dreadful and the ST’s are providing negative points. This is not a winning formula. It was bad game conditions, but we didn’t see Nova make mistakes that cost points. They made us pay for our mistakes. We couldn’t cash the checks. Simple as that. 

Agreed...the right play was take the knee especially with this special teams. FG at that distance was not an option. I'm not gonna kill them for taking the shot...not like much else was cooking after the first drive. I was annoyed at the play call at end of game ...fade route over and over and over trying to hit a home run and of course they didn't...and that last throw was absolute abysmal into triple or quadruple coverage to end the game. That had zero chance. Hard to tell if Cuff has regressed this significantly or he has no one to throw to....he has been objectively brutal...the int in the 4th quarter I believe where he launched it into the chest of the lineman that he didn't see somehow was brutal giving nova a very short field.

The defense has been solid all year, this offense is a disaster and special teams just as bad. Gattuso won't be replaced even if they go winless so one more year of this.

Edited by Clickclack

13 hours ago, bob87 said:

This is where you lose all credibility. (If you have any remaining) Plenty of things to complain about but we get a total nonsense post. Presume you mean second quarter not second half. At end of second quarter the ball was on the 44 or 45 yard line. Absolutely zero chance to hit a 62 yard field goal. Only bad things could happen there . Block FG or whatever. 

I would have been one thing to complain that the offense couldn't move another 10 to 20 yards to at least have a legit chance for a FG, but instead we get the most ridiculous complaint possible

Yes, 2nd quarter. I sincerely apologize Bob 😂

And lol @ the creditability dig 😂. Is that supposed to offend me? I don't claim to be an x's and o's expert lol. Gattuso does. If I was, GG would be the forum hot-taker and I'd be HC 😂. Instead, you'll have to deal with my hot takes (or don't, up to you lol). Whether it should have been an FG or kneel down is irrelevant, throwing the ball was still an idiotic decision and I'm sure we can agree on that. 

0-6. That's the only thing that matters at the end of the day. 

=================

That being said:

2021-10-17-15-54-52-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

Edited by Eli

Not to beat a dead horse, but I went back and looked at the botched punt. Take a look. Almost no one was blocked!! The poor punter had no chance even if he caught it clean. I'm not sure he even had time to fall on the ball. There were six Nova players within 5 yards coming full speed. It was a complete and total breakdown of special team execution once again. Coaching, coaching, coaching............his best move was to TRY and fall on the ball, but to try and kick it into six players...essentially on top of him?? Why? Why? Why? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I went back and looked at the botched punt. Take a look. Almost no one was blocked!! The poor punter had no chance even if he caught it clean. I'm not sure he even had time to fall on the ball. There were six Nova players within 5 yards coming full speed. It was a complete and total breakdown of special team execution once again. Coaching, coaching, coaching............his best move was to TRY and fall on the ball, but to try and kick it into six players...essentially on top of him?? Why? Why? Why? 

You ask why...and while that's all good and well...may I submit to you...why NOT? Losing is Gattuso's style...it's on brand, it's what he does. Everyone involved, fans, coaches and players are probably just begging for this all to end. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

You ask why...and while that's all good and well...may I submit to you...why NOT? Losing is Gattuso's style...it's on brand, it's what he does. Everyone involved, fans, coaches and players are probably just begging for this all to end. 

You're wrong. Losing is NOT his style. He is an expert and we should be lucky to have him. He told me so in 2017. Something along the lines of, "I've spent 30 years learning how to win games and frankly I don't care if you like the offense I choose to run."

Do you consider yourself lucky to have him?

• Sad 1